eelenaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eelenaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eelenaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eelenaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Competing as a non U.S. resident

Hey! I'm an international student currently living in Colorado on an F1 visa, I'm competing at a regional show this April, but as I understand I can't go on to compete in Nationals even if I qualify, because even tho I am a U.S. resident, I'm not a U.S. citizen. Have any of you known about anyone in the same situation and how they dealt with this? Do sponsors ever hook their athletes up with green cards if they see them going far? Is there any other way of getting a green card or becoming a U.S. citizen for competing?

I know this isn't the regular question, and isn't specifically related to bodybuilding, but I'd appreciate any information I can get on the topic, have tried googling but not finding any promising answers. Thanks a lot!
    Eat to meet long term goals, not short term satisfaction.

~Elena

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Win a few overalls and then petition your country of citizenship for Pro status.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

eelenaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eelenaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eelenaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eelenaa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    Win a few overalls and then petition your country of citizenship for Pro status.
    Can I do that even if my overalls are won in the U.S.?

~Elena

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes. It's been done many times, hence petitioning for it and not earning it in your home country by competing there.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    Yes. It's been done many times, hence petitioning for it and not earning it in your home country by competing there.
    Okay, thanks a lot! That clears things up!

~Elena