Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Gonna givr hell on July26 NaturalproMJG's Avatar
    NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Competing after a microdiscectomy (back Surgery)

So I'm finally to the point in recovery when I can being training again and I've chosen to continue with the Ontario Physique Association and pursue the "Mr. Ontario" title.

A little back story...

In 2010 I was going through a normal fullbody workout and when I reached my 3rd rep on a set of T-bar rows and heard/felt a small 'pop' in my spinal column. I stopped the workout immediately and proceeded home to ice my back and rest.
    The next day I woke up and couldnt even step out of bed and had to be driven to my dr's office which luckily took me right in and assessed me. Without an MRI my dr suggested that I may have thrown out my socrum (sp?) and proceeded give me a shot in the back (cant remember what it was) and prescribe me some ******** for pain. Unfortunately after taking my first pill I realized that opiates were not for me. I felt sick and vomitted within 10 minutes....but Ill get back to that.

So from 2010 to 2013 I tried many different types of non-surgical treatment like massage, chiropractic, anti-inflammatories (these made me sick too) and by Sept 2013 I was in so much pain that I had to walk with a cane and was put on temporary dissability. After a couple of days of losing control of my bladder/bowels I proceeded to emergency in Oct 2013 and eventually recieved a microdiscetomy on my L5.

When I woke up from the surgery I was in the most incredible pain I have ever felt and was given liquid morphine for the first 12 hours, after that I was up and walking (in lots of pain though) with 2 canes and was sent home roughly 20 hours after my surgery.

The next week I was prety much in bed, in pain, and the pain pills I was given (morphine pills, ******) make me sick. This turned out to be an interaction with some other medications I take daily for depression/ anxiety so I talked to my doctor and we decided on medical cannabis for my pain (yes I am one of the 40,000 canadians Rx'd Cannabis for pain).

So we are now about 4 months post surgery, I have cancelled my gym membership and have started a collection of home exercise equipment to train at home (new baby in Jan, can't ever make it to the gym).

So this log will be following my prep for the next 3-4 months for the Ontario Naturals n July 26, 2014 in Hamilton, Ont. Canada

Right now I am 32 yrs old, 217 lbs, 5'10", and about 15% bf.

I do fullbody workouts 3 times a week and HIIT cycling on a spin bike the remaining 4 days.

My macros starting out are 225 pro 200 carbs 80 fat - ~2500 cals

Lets get started....
    Personal Trainer and contest prep coach
    Natural Bodybuilder {}-----{}
    www.martyswaypersonaltraining.com
    Instagram : marty_gabriele
    Pinterest : Marty's Way Personal Training

NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalproMJG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am now 18 weeks out and the first week of training is over...

Down about 2 lbs, training and cardio went well all week, had a dinner out on Saturday and stuck to my diet.

Finally got a 300 lb olympic barbell and dumbell set to use at home to add to my bench, other dumbells, and spin bike. Since I bought the set I have been able to use some heavier weights on benching and rowing which is what I miss the most from going to a public gym.

Energy levels are good, decided to try out Hemo Rage Black Ultra Concentrate and think its ok but dont think I'll buy it again. I've tried many of the preworkouts but not many of the newly released ones.

My 3x week split is a full body routine consisting of mostly supersets

incline bench and wide grip pullups
    preacher curls and overhead tricep ext
    bent over rowing with incline flys
    side laterals with Arnold presses and then
    leg extentions and leg curls not superset

then after that i do 10 mins of cycling as a cool down.

Ill start posting pics when I get a chance.

bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bdzemske is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    here for the ride man. lets see you smash this prep!
    Team Representative for Formutech Nutrition

www.formutechnutrition.com

Good to have you onboard bdzemske, Im also on my fitness pal username marty_gabriele.

MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Let's GO ONTARIO!

In.

Sorry to hear about the struggles you went through. Major Kudos to you for going for it regardless!

#inspiring

Will be in for your WIN.

Heidi
    Team Amazon: Sisterhood of Iron

The myth that women should be weak is perpetuated by men who fear strong women and women who fear hard work.
    #selfcare #pickitup #putitdown

Great workout last night and I might have spoken too soon about the Hemo Rage. I have not been that pumped and vascular since before my surgery so I think maybe the Hemo Rage works better after a few times of using it?
    Anyway back to the workout... my incline bench was smoother and steadier and was able to get all 5 sets of 15 with 185 (ok Im no powerhouse but this is good for me). Wide grips were a solid 5 sets of 10 (could have gone for more each set) and my bi and tri superset was awesome, forearm and upper arms pumped to sh*t with lots of pretty veins. Shoulders went well...was doing laterals with my 40 lbers for 10 and my puny leg workout (ext and curls) gave me a suprisingly good pump to the point that it was hard to walk.

Back has been feeling ok, constant nerve pain in the right hip and down the side of my leg and lumbar region is pretty tender (cant stand straight up to fast) but all and all I've been feeling good as long as I keep applying my "special Balm" to my back everyday and medicate before my workouts (hence why I workout at home) I can survive the workout without agony.

Been lazy with pics....will have them up friday after my next workout.

So I put some pictures in my progress gallery, they're dated march 28.

Down to 213 today so down 4 in the last 2 weeks, right on track.

Workouts have been good and the foods in eating seem to keep me full.

Average day
    1cup fibre one cereal
    1cup Cheerios
    2scoop protein shake. Breakfast

1cup cottage cheese mixed with
    1greek yogurt (liberte - strawberry 142cal)
    300 g of carrots. Lunch

12oz extra lean ground beef (cooked)
    1/2 cup of dainty time wise brown rice
    200g asparagus

Snack
    Avocado 125 g
    2scoop protein shake

I'll start cycling my carbs (3 low days, 1high day) once I start getting that low carb feeling and reduce cals if weightloss stops.

Motivation is still there so I'm feeling good. Back and leg pain are there but manageable.

Till next post....

Weight at 212 so down 5 lbs so far.

Had my first low carb crash yestorday so I upped them to 350 for the day. Woke up full and headache free so I will now begin cycling my carbs 1 high carb day after 3 low carb days. This has worked for me my last couple prep so I'll stick with it.

Training is good, just starting to get the low carb feeling after a few days of low carb but it hasn't effected my workouts.

Till next post ...

weight at 210 so down 7 lbs so far.

Training has been going great, vascularity is becoming more prominent and fullness has improved. My body is emptying and filling up my glycogen nicely with the recent progression into my contest diet. Im still not really feeling like Im dieting as my hunger levels are manageable and I still have plenty of energy throughout the day.

Yesterdays weight workout

incline press 4x15, 1 x 13 - 165
    superset
    Wide grip pullups 5 x 10

Standing barbell curl with arm blaster 3 x 8 x 115
    superset
    one arm overhead ext 3 x 8 x 40

Bent over row 5 x 12 x 165
    superset
    dumbell flys 5 x 15 x 40

side laterals 3 x 10 x 30
    superset
    arnold press 3 x 12 x 40

leg ext 5 x 100 x failure

lying leg curl 5 x 75 x failure

10 min HIIT Spin bike

Macros are 225 pro 250 carb 80 fat

till next post .....

Seven weeks in and down another 2 lbs, so a total of 9 so far

Workout are progressing nicely, have been adding weight to my bench every other day and so far at 185lbs, I can still get my 5 sets of 12. Been able to do more wide grip pull ups going from 5 sets of 10 to 5 sets of 12. Arm and shoulder exercises have seen increased reps and poundages as well. For legs I have just been going to failure on light sets so havn't relly been counting reps.

Hunger is still not an issue but I have been noticing its easier to get out of bed in the morning when you know you can have your first meal. My last prep I was progressively waking up earlier and earlier to eat my first meal because of hunger and eventually got to waking up at 330 AM because I would get soo hungry. But hopefully that is far off as im still at ~ 2500 cals and for me that is plenty to eat.

Starting to look leaner as well, noticed my stomach getting flatter and looking a lot leaner/ pumped/ vascular during workouts. I'm almost starting to see my lats and obliques connect at my waist. Finished my Hemo Rage and went back to Noxplode 2.0 as it has always gave me the most beneficial pump/boost with minimal 'crash' afterwards and it has just enough beta alanine that you feel it but dont want to stratch your skin off lol.

Anyhoo Im at ~14.5 weeks out and feel great

Well still at 208...so down 9 lbs total. Might have to make my first adjustments to my prep. I like to add more cardio before I start cutting calories so I'll add 2 more intervals to my HIIT and see where that takes me.

Getting really sore lately (thank god for my miracle plant) and might be forced to take some time off of training, but we'll see after my cardio session tomary. My right hip and leg are constantly buzzing and moving from sitting or laying down to standing can be quite painful.

But I'm trucking on because who knows how long I'll be able to compete for and I'd like to add a few more trophys to my collection before I have to give it up.

Till next post....

Down to 205...so down a total of 12lbs. Weight was 208 yesterday but I have a feeling I was a little um... lets say backed up because after a few giant bowl snakes I felt a lot lighter, lol.

So I have increased my HIIT cardio for the first time this prep to 25 min from 20, that translates to 2 more intervals in my spinning (Stationary bike)

Weight workouts are progressing nicely. I have to lower my rep range to accomodate my benching weight increase but still getting an amazing pump during workouts.

Last nights workout:

Incline bench 210 x 6 x 5 sets
    superset
    weighted wide grip chins 10 x 10 x 5 sets

Dumbell preacher curl 40 x 12 x 3 sets
    superset
    Close grip bench press 135 x 12 x 3 sets

Bent over dumbell rows (supported) 40 x 12 x 5
    superset
    Incline fly 40 x 15 x 5 sets

Seated side lateral 22.5 x 15 x 3 sets
    superset
    Arnold press 40 x 12 x 3 sets

Leg extention 100 x failure x 5 sets
    not supersetted
    Leg curl 75 x failure x 5 sets

I had to drop the bent over rows because even with light weight and flawless form, I was still getting sore (in a bad way) from it in my lower back.

Diet is going good kept my carbs moderate for 5 days before I had a refeed day and it wasnt too bad so I guess I dont need a refeed every 4 days just yet.

Yesterdays diet:

Breakfast
    2 scoops whey (GFR leanfit chocolate)
    1 cup Fiber One cereal
    1.5 cups Honeynut Cherrios
    8 fish oil capsules (1g each)
    Coffee with skim milk and stevia sweetner (liquid)

Lunch
    1 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
    1 liberte greek yogurt cup
    1 5.7 oz banana

Diner
    12 0z extra lean ground pork (cooked weight)
    300g Baby Carrots
    140g of avocado

Snacks
    2 scoops whey (GFR)
    3 Jumbo Mr freezies

Total calories 2452 - 294 carbs, 70 fat, 242 protein

This is what a moderate carb day looks like for me. On high days I'll increase the carbs to ~400 and lower my protien and fat to keep the calories 200 over a moderate day. Make sense?

Anyway till next post.....

Still at 205 down 12 lbs total. 12 weeks + 1 day out

Starting to feel a little more real that Im actually prepping for the show now. Family and friends are noticing that I am looking leaner and more vascular especially lately.

Last workout was good but starting to get sore wrists from benching even though Im wearing wrist wraps and am constantly checking my wrist form. *If anyone could tell me why I keep getting sore wrists that'd be great* So I've lowered the poundages and raised the rep range to 10 so its more of a pumping exercise for me. Back is comming along nicely, I can fully see the out line of my lats near my spinal erectors and they are almost fully visibly connected to my obliques. Legs are very cut for this far out, when I am doing extentions I can see striations on my outer quads, ass still has lots of fat though (My ass fat goes last). Arms are getting very vascular and have that balloon look to them which I guess is fullness when pumped.

As for pain... right hip and knee are still numb/sore 24 hrs a day and back overall is feeling "rusty". When I stand up it feels like a bad hinge that takes a second to open up.

Diet is going good, have a very high carb day on Wednesday which is probably why my weight hasn't lowered since my last post lol but overall I'm not run down or tired during the day from not eating enough. Made a conscious effort to drink more water, which usually helps me feel more full also.

Till next post...

Down to 203 so a total of 14lbs so far...11 weeks 5 days out

Sooooo over the weekend I had some good workouts and diet was on point. The HIIT spinning for cardio is making me sweat a lot and after a session I am just as vascular as if I just did a weight workout.

Been doing a little bit of posing practice to see how I am going to look this year and I'm happy with how I look for this far out.

Trying to decide on a colour for this show. I've used both of the Dream Tan formulations and like the way they look, but they are a pain in the a@@ to have on all day, I think this year Im going to buy 2 containers so I can shower between the morning and night show.

Not much to update here,
    Till next post...

At 201 now so 16 lbs lost so far in 6 weeks... 10 weeks out now.

Well I'm starting to feel my injury a lil more each day. Takes me about 5 sec. to straighten out my spine when I stand up. My doctor did say I could be arthritic in my back post injury so it's not really a surprise.

Anyway , on a less negative side of things I'm starting to get looks and comments about my leaness and vascularity a lot now. Which deep down every bodybuilder loves, lol.

Training is going great, besides the pains in getting great pumps and feel like an animal while training.

Diet is about to get cut down a little. Dropping fat and carbs about 200 cals worth.

Posted some pics in my progress photo section. I'm loving the way my back Is looking despite surgery.

Till next post ....

At 197 now so 20 lbs lost so far....9 weeks out now

So I had a stretch of 3 days where my weight increased everyday But then all of a sudden I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 197!!!

So I figure Im right on track, I'm aiming for about 180lbs (stage weight) and about 175 a couple days before the contest.

Just finalized a deal for personal training classes in Windsor at a friends business (Bryan's Fitness Inferno). Earlier in the year I obtained a Can-fit-pro certification for personal training and nutrition and now its finally time to use it. Plus I figure my 15 years experience in weight training is an asset as well.

The classes will be 3 days a week for 1 hr for a period of six weeks. I plan on doing 2 week blocks of different types of weight training with diet help, in groups of 6-8. I can't wait to blow these peoples minds by showing them that there is no such thing as clean eating and your body composition is based on your macronutrient numbers and not just super low calorie starvation.

Anyway back to my training. I posted a few photos a couple days back and I feel I am looking great. My lats are fully visible from the back and my upper torso is very cut up. Love staring in the mirror at my quads doing leg extentions and striations dancing on my outer quads. My pump seems to get better and better with every workout and I am starting to get that '3D' look to my upper arms.

For my weight workouts Im still doing a lot of supersetting and a fullbody routine every other day. For cardio days I have been doing 5 sets of incline bench superset with wide grip pullups beofre doing 30 mins on the spin bike doing HIIT.

My diet is at about 225 pro 250 carbs and 70 fat on low days and 180 pro 350 carbs and 50 fat on high days. My rotation is low for 3 days then high for 1 and repeat.

I renewed my OPA membership today as to keep it valid to compete in July. I usually register for the contest a few months out to keep me motivated to push through.

I've decided to go with Dream Tan #1 as I think I will look the best with this colour in the lighting at the contest venue.

Thats all for now, I'll put up more pics in my progress photo section on my bodyspace soon.

Till next post...
    Last edited by NaturalproMJG; 05-22-2014 at 05:46 AM. Reason: go my weeks effed up

At 195 nowso 22lbs lost so far....about 8 weeks out

Training is going well, been doing incline presses with wrist wraps on and it seems to allow me to go heavy without getting sore wrists, got 225 for 6 today so Im starting to get back to what i used to be able to lift before I had surgery. As I get leaner wide grip chins are like nothing and can easily bang out 20 reps in a set so I've been doing them with a plate attached to my weight belt for added resistance.

My training business adventure continues as I plan to start in less than a week and I already have 7 people for the 6 week group class and 2 people I'm designing diets for. Its kind of awesome having people to mentor to help them avoid spinning their wheels of progress like I did early on.

Anyhoo, back to the prep

Had a high carb day yesterday and actually woke up lighter this morning than last. Diet is still working so no reductions yet thank god. I prefer to add a little bit of cardio before I start restricting my calories more.

Face is starting to look a little weird as I lean out. Getting more dimples and family members are starting to say I look too skinny, lol. I seem to be getting more vascularity constantly instead of just when I get a pump because of all the water im drinking I assume? Or maybe its the Noxplode even though I only take it before workouts later in the day? I dunno but I'm liing it.

Anyway, I've now purchased my annual membership with the OPA federation and am registered for the contest.

Till next post...

At 191 lbs now so 26 lbs lost so far...7 weeks 5 days out

Training is still great. Been really strong on incline press, and wide grip chins lately. My best superset so far was 225 for 8, followed by 12, 25lbs weighted chins. I'm going to back off next workout as I don't really like to push my strength too far when I'm starting to get leaner and more vulnerable. Dont get me wrong, still going heavy, just increasing reps and doing negatives and things to keep myself from injury. Arms are really cutting up, triceps are striated a lil and biceps are starting to separate into 2 heads. Shoulders are poping like crazy in side poses and chest is looking very detailed. My lower lats are fully visible and my lumbar region is starting to reveal the christmas tree shape. I Think the last little bit of fat is on my lower abs and glutes.
    Went to the Niagara area to see family and got nothing but comments on how my face is starting to get caved in, and I look sick...Then I showed them what I lookd like shirtless and they changed their tone...
    Diet is good, yesterday was a high carb day and I went pretty high but only raised my calories by 250. Protien 180g fat 50g Carbs 400. The lower carb days aren't really tough yet but I do feel pretty hungry on them.
    Probably going to start looking for dream tan online and judging by pictures of the stage I think the formula #1 gold/brown is the best choice for me. Its at the Hamilton Convention Center and if you google that with "stage" attached you should see some photos. Looks like a dark auditorium with really bright stage lights. I used the red/brown if it is in something like a gym and fully lit up out in the crowd.

Also, I've taken on a total of 11 people in 2 classes for my personal training group work. Going to be giving common sense diet plans and 3, 2 week blocks of different training styles (HST, Superseting opposing muscle groups, and preexhaust set - HIT style). Every class will have 10 mins of HIIT at the end and I'm really going to get on them about form and ego lifting.

I want to do my best to debunk fitness bullS**T lies like eating every 3 hrs is necessary, a carb isn't just a carb, and no eating after a certain time, etc... I want to make it appealing to a regular person and fun so we'll see how it goes.

Till next post...

Ah crap 193lbs now so 24 lbs lost so far...7 weeks out

Well It seems that my weight of 191 I saw the other day must have been a dehydration issue as for the last 3 I have been 193, but whatever.

Going to do a drop in carbs and fat to keep me losing and keep the training the same for now. Still look and feel great, upper torso is cut to sh*T and back of the legs is coming along nicely. Going to try and be ready at least 2 weeks out so I can eff around a bit to see what makes me look best.

Training is good, got a new less stimulant based pre-workout called Dr. Jekyl by Prosupps. I guess there is a Mr. Hyde too that is jacked with caffiene, but I need a break from a lot of caffiene as I'm starting to feel effed up while taking it. Turned out to be pretty good, it still has 100mg of caffiene and 50 g of some other kief but I think its more for mental stimulation rather than to make you wired.

Diet is going good, just starting to feel a little off during the day from the lower cals, but I've done this many times before and know what to expect.

Till next post...

Ok so down to 190lbs now so 27lbs lost so far...6 weeks and 3 days out

So my last couple low carb days I have been pretty out of it and my face is looking more and more sunken. But hey I guess this is when I'm gonna start feeling like **** because when I weighed myself the last 3 times I have been 190.x until today when I was 190.2lbs.

Training is good but I do notice a difference with trying a less stimulant containing preworkout. No real drop in strength, just in reps.

Cardio sessions are becoming spiritual lol because Im so out of it tired by the end of the 30 mins.

On a side note my training classes are going good and everyone seems to be learning a lot. Have a total a 11 people for the first six weeks and 3 others I'm just giving nutritional guidance to.

So things are good...Till next Post...

u wot m1.68179283050743⁴ Manc33's Avatar
    Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Manc33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by NaturalproMJG View Post
    In 2010 I was going through a normal fullbody workout and when I reached my 3rd rep on a set of T-bar rows and heard/felt a small 'pop' in my spinal column.
    Same here and in 2010 as well, its wasn't July by any chance?

In the last 4 years my back has popped again twice.

It healed in 4 months so I never went to a doctor, popped again in June 2011 then healed for ages until recently about March 2014 it popped again. Its now 3/4 healed again and I have got a lumbar support so, I think I have fixed what was causing it to remain weak. Disc pushing on sciatic nerve. Teeh clenchingly painful when it "spasms". It takes weeks just working out which way you can and can't move.

Originally Posted by Manc33 View Post
    Same here and in 2010 as well, its wasn't July by any chance?

In the last 4 years my back has popped again twice.

It healed in 4 months so I never went to a doctor, popped again in June 2011 then healed for ages until recently about March 2014 it popped again. Its now 3/4 healed again and I have got a lumbar support so, I think I have fixed what was causing it to remain weak. Disc pushing on sciatic nerve. Teeh clenchingly painful when it "spasms". It takes weeks just working out which way you can and can't move.
    Lol no mine was February 2010. Right before I got the surgery I would spasm when I did almost everything, walk, stand up, even try to take a dump hurt. They said mine was sciatic too, I still have hip pain and residual leg numbness.

Down to 188lbs, total of 29lbs lost...5 1/2 weeks out

Holy sh*t did I ever hit a wall energy wise this week. Im down in weight and looking awesomw but man do I ever feel like crap. My macros right now are 250 protien, 200 Carbs, and 60 fat. Usually works out to be around 2300 cals.

Training is good but I have noticed I am not sweating like I have been despite putting in the same effort training. Weather is warm here now so I'm not getting chills or anything but can feel my lack of bodyfat when I walk. Starting to get at weird feeling of when your glutes and hams start getting really lean, numb butt on every chair I sit on that isnt heavily padded.
    Gettin a lot of weird looks from non-lifters because Im very vascular and dry right now and have a blank "feed me" stare on my face all the time.

I plan on taking a complete week off of everything at 4 weeks out to give my back a rest as I can really start to feel the stiffness as I get leaner. Im headed up to northern Ontario to the family cottage to get away from life and relax with my wife, little girl, and 2 huskies. I think that this contest I will take at least a month off after to recoup as my back will probably force me too.

Stil givin er hard and keeping my eyes on that there goal

Till next post...

Down to 184lbs, total of 33lbs lost...4 weeks 5 days out

Well I am approaching my planned break from training. Starting from 4 weeks out I will be no doing any training and will be increasing my calories by about 400 to see If I can do a small reverse diet up until the show day. My back definately needs the break and I'm basically in contest shape now sitting at about 5-6%bf. Glutes have started to show striations and face is caved in like a zombie.

For the past week I have been down to 250 protien, 60 fat, and 175 carbs and will continue until Friday when I will begin my break. I have also been doing larger refeeds at this low of calories. My last 2 refeeds have been about 180 pro, 50 fat, and 450+ carbs which seems to be working out to be around 4000 cals. Im bloated as hell the first day after, which subsides by the second day and I am still losing weight on the third day and feeling somewhat good. (for a prep)

Posing practice has gone from just mandatories to that plus my routine. I will be using a motified version of 'Radioactive' by Imagine Dragons. Can't believe how different my back looks this year after having the surgery in October. I think taking the 3 months off after was just what I needed because my back is bigger, fuller, and more detailed than last year and I am doing way less back and leg work than pre surgery? Weird?

Altogether things are moving along right on schedule and am looking forward to bringing my best package to date to the stage reguardless of how I place. (Even though Mr. Natural Ontario sounds pretty good to me lol)

Training has still been going great although I am getting a lot of dizziness after completing heavy sets because of the low calories. Poundages are still ok. (225 for 5 on incline bench, 10 25lb weighted chins,...) Really liking this Dr. Jekyl preworkout by Prosupps. I get very focused and don't feel like im bouncing off the walls like I was with a high stimulant preworkout.

Till next post...
    Last edited by NaturalproMJG; 06-23-2014 at 07:39 AM.

Down to 179lbs so down 38 lbs total....2.5ish weeks out

So just got back from vacation and man am I ever getting lean. All last week I did no exercise and upped my calories to 2400 on low day and 3500 on high days and wtf I lost weight like crazy???

I guess my body is in recomp mode because i dont see any fat and Im full ass hell I am going to continue upping my calories as long as the weight keeps dropping. I've never done a recomp before a competition only after and decided it would be a good thing to try this time around as my last contest recomp my condition improved for 2 weeks after the show.

Still cycling my carbs ~200 on low days and ~400 on high days and it seems to be working great.

LOL oh coarse everyone who doesnt know bodybuilding thinks I look sick as my face is caved in but everyone who does says my condition must be amazing for my face to be that sunken in.

Im going to post some photos soon and maybe my dumb ass will be able to put them right in the thread, instead of just in my progress pics.

Till next post...

So 182 today up 3 lbs since lowest of 178.8 lbs.

So calories went up to 3000 yesterday so a little bloated from higher carbs. Glutes still getting leaner so were still cutting fat. The only thing I find weird is that I'm still pretty worn down during the day even with higher calories. I thought I'd be able to get a bit more energy as I still am doing weights and half the amount of cardio??

Oh well trucking along at 2.5 weeks out. I actually started a fundraiser for myself to go to the nationals in Winnipeg Manitoba the following weekend to compete if I win the overall. Optimistic , I know but it helps me stay motivated for this show lol.
    Anyway the link should I want to help me out, here's the link.
    Www dot gofundme. com/b5wdd4
    There's a pic of me doing a vacuum post from 2010 on the cover.

Wink

Weigh 184 up 5 lbs from lights of 178.8 2 weeks, 2 days out...

So looks like in still staying lean despite being 4 lbs heavier. Started increasing water to 2 gals a day and pissing all the time. Gonna back off the carbs a lil bit and go back down to about 2500 cals. My metabolism seems to have revived and I would like to get that last couple lbs off my glutes so hopefully they are fully striated on show day. I feel I will surpass my best condition ever at this show so I'm very hopefully of a positive outcome.
    Music is ready, mandatories are 2nd nature with smooth transitions. Just gotta keep workin on the free posing routine. I like to do a Frank Zane style vacuum in my routine as no many people can pull it off.
    Gettin jitters whenever thinking about being on stage, emotions are all over the place, ugh this is the final 2 weeks of hell... But I couldn't imagine competing in any other sport 

Till next post...

So 183 today lowest was 178.8... Less than 2 weeks out.

So, I got new surprise over night. It seems that being this low in body fat makes my allergies go nuts? I haven't been taking any allergy pills and have been fine up until now. Feeling lethargic even with the increased calories. Decided to keep it at 2300 for a couple days to see what happens wait wise.
    Feeling full and lean and can't wait to see people sh/t when I disrobe for the weigh in, lol.

Training is limited to weight workouts, the high in intensity cardio is just not happening at this low of energy.

I'm sure seasoned competitors can relate when I say I look my best but feel my worst.

Still gettin it done. Till next post...

181 today... 1.5 weeks out

Well all I seem to be doing lately is pissing. Waters up to 2 gallons per day and carbs are at about 250 so it's going right through me.

Feel weak, unsteady, and for some reason nauseous. Looking fantastic as I haven't started depleting yet and can't wait for my refeed days.

Training hard is hard, lol I seem to take a few seconds after the sets over staying seated so I don't pass out. So far it hasn't happened but it feels close, despite the fact that my lowest cals are behind me.

I have been daydreaming a lot about the competition lately as it's all I can seem to think about. Well that and how much my fu(?kin back hurts. Finding I have to be careful doing everything because of how unstable it feels.

Until next post...

So 179 this morning...2days out

So prep has gone the best it ever has, same weight as the last qualifier but way drier. My face is so caved in my cheek bones look like circles. Calories are at roughly 2500 and as of yestorday upped carbs to 300 fat and protein down to 50 and 180. Drinking water like it's my job and am now of work until after the show so it basically is.

Last weight workout today good pump but noticeably weaker from being so lean.

So another 2 days and this 140 day prep is over. Let's get it done.

Until next post