mwhit617 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How often do I need to work out my butt to make it grow?

First off, I'm eating very healthy and clean. Second of all, I have been attending zumba and spin classes alternating between the two 5 days a week for the past two weeks. I was just wondering if I would get the best results if I go to the gym after I go to these classes, and if I do go to the gym after what muscle groups should I work and how often? I want my butt to grow and my abs to be flat, but I am not sure how often I should work them out. I've heard that if you work out the same muscle group daily you will just continually break it down and not get any results. Also, do you think the zumba and spin classes will help me reach my goal faster? Thanks

littlekitty13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do more squats, heavy and challenging squats. Also cut back on HIIT, at least with me when I do HIIT cardio my butt shrinks. If you can cycle outside I highly recommend that, outdoor cycling burns my buns more than the stationary.

webcam is a name known to all. (+5000) webcam is a name known to all. (+5000) webcam is a name known to all. (+5000) webcam is a name known to all. (+5000) webcam is a name known to all. (+5000) webcam is a name known to all. (+5000) webcam is a name known to all. (+5000) webcam is a name known to all. (+5000) webcam is a name known to all. (+5000) webcam is a name known to all. (+5000) webcam is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mwhit617 View Post
    I want my butt to grow and my abs to be flat, but I am not sure how often I should work them out.
    if you want your stomach to be flat youd need to lose fat
    if you want your butt to be bigger you need to gain muscle. i know there is some exception, but you can't do both at the same time.
    squats and deads are good, add in some glute isolation if you really want to hit them hard after!
    never been to a zumba class, but i have seen them happen through the glass wall across from the area i workout. from what i understand its just cardio, so it will give you the same benefit cardio will.

srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    First off, I'm eating very healthy and clean. Second of all, I have been attending zumba and spin classes alternating between the two 5 days a week for the past two weeks. I was just wondering if I would get the best results if I go to the gym after I go to these classes, and if I do go to the gym after what muscle groups should I work and how often? I want my butt to grow and my abs to be flat, but I am not sure how often I should work them out. I've heard that if you work out the same muscle group daily you will just continually break it down and not get any results. Also, do you think the zumba and spin classes will help me reach my goal faster? Thanks
    You need to train legs with a focus on glutes heavy... Your spinning and Zumba are cardio and are not going to get you the round rear you want... It may help you drop fat but not build muscle
    IFBB Bikini Pro
    NFPT & NESTA Certified Personal Trainer
    CEO BamBody Nutrition
    Official Formutech Nutrition Athlete
    Www.formutechnutrition.com

ORducksGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ORducksGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ORducksGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ORducksGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ORducksGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ORducksGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ORducksGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ORducksGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ORducksGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ORducksGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ORducksGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just like everyone else has said, squats and deadlifts are gods gift to great bums! I work out my legs and glutes 2-3 times for week, it just so happens to be my favorite gym day. I split up my squats and deadlifts so that I do deads on back day so I'm still hitting my glutes outside of leg day. I would recommened doing your leg work out before your zumba class. The great thing about lifting is even after your workout is complete your body still burns calories, whereas as soon as you stop moving from cardio you stop burning calories. So lifting before cardio means during cardio you will be burning extra calories from your lifting sesh, and who doesn't want that?

Also, I have found the most amazing cardio you can do for a great backside is the stairmaster. It keeps your glutes engaged the entire time and has definitely aided me in a nice little toosh .

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've been told I have a lovely butt, and I stick with the good ole' barbell, preferably as deep as possible.

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've actually been working to bring up the rear, lol, quite a bit lately. Increased volume at 3x per week.

For me, squats are great, but nothing beats specifically targeting my glutes with glute bridges, BB hip thrusts, lunges, elevated single leg hip lifts/thursts, single-leg leg press, quadruple hip extensions, clams and bird dogs with weights/bands, and sumo deadlifts. All the Brett stuff. Has made a big change for me.

natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000) natasor is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Like other people said. Your zumba and spin classes are the little fun in motion. For the purpose to loose weight and gain muscles they do actually nothing. U should never do those classes before u work on muscles strength. When u work on muscle strength u have to have max concentration and to be fresh physically. Rule of thumb: strength first, then anything else; like zumba, treadmill or eleptic. They all the same airobic= cardio exercises. I'd do what the other people told u, just save your precious time and do more strength work out: isolation or body weight moves.
    Good luck

srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try squats all the way to the ground too... Go lighter than regular squat weight and go all the way to the ground... Try Bulgarian squats too (one leg on a bench or step) great glutes!
    IFBB Bikini Pro
    NFPT & NESTA Certified Personal Trainer
    CEO BamBody Nutrition
    Official Formutech Nutrition Athlete
    Www.formutechnutrition.com

terimanley has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    These exercises are made to tone more than anything. If you want to add mass to your glutes, you're going to have to work weights into your routine. Squats, leg press, and deadlifts and when you doing exercise wear booty wow which lift your butt up and help to make bigger and also it's make good shape of your butts try it definitely you will build a booty.

fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by littlekitty13 View Post
    Do more squats, heavy and challenging squats. Also cut back on HIIT, at least with me when I do HIIT cardio my butt shrinks. If you can cycle outside I highly recommend that, outdoor cycling burns my buns more than the stationary.
    Really? Sprinting on an incline works my glutes quite well. However, it is not a substitute for heavy strength training.

Originally Posted by terimanley View Post
    These exercises are made to tone more than anything. If you want to add mass to your glutes, you're going to have to work weights into your routine. Squats, leg press, and deadlifts and when you doing exercise wear booty wow which lift your butt up and help to make bigger and also it's make good shape of your butts try it definitely you will build a booty.
    Yes, those exercises are definitely helpful! tbh I love hip thrusts but they are way too much trouble to set up with a barbell. I just do glute bridges with a 45 lb. plate on my pelvis sometimes, and stay in position for at least 1 minute.
    Make Fihe Not Fat Again.

KattElizabeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KattElizabeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KattElizabeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KattElizabeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KattElizabeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KattElizabeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KattElizabeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KattElizabeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KattElizabeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KattElizabeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KattElizabeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been doing barbell walking lunges more or less as heavy weight as I can, followed by kickbacks as part of my lower day, and I definitely feel it in my glutes. Something about putting those back to back just seems to hit me harder, but maybe that's just me.

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Squat 3 days a week. 5x5 sets across do not rep to failure. Doing so can take up to a week to recover. Add weight to the bar every workout until you no longer can.

Here is a program that will add some size to your glutes - http://stronglifts.com/

sweetheart87 is not very well liked. (-100) sweetheart87 is not very well liked. (-100) sweetheart87 is not very well liked. (-100) sweetheart87 is not very well liked. (-100) sweetheart87 is not very well liked. (-100) sweetheart87 is not very well liked. (-100) sweetheart87 is not very well liked. (-100) sweetheart87 is not very well liked. (-100) sweetheart87 is not very well liked. (-100) sweetheart87 is not very well liked. (-100) sweetheart87 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Wide set squats make your butt bigger and narrow squat make it smaller. So if you want your butt bigger, squat with your legs a little wider than usually.
    Squat will stretch and strengthen your muscles in the legs, include your upper legs it will definitely help making your butt firmer. If your aim is to make your back side bigger and toned stomach, there are some other exercises too.

Womanl33t is a name known to all. (+5000) Womanl33t is a name known to all. (+5000) Womanl33t is a name known to all. (+5000) Womanl33t is a name known to all. (+5000) Womanl33t is a name known to all. (+5000) Womanl33t is a name known to all. (+5000) Womanl33t is a name known to all. (+5000) Womanl33t is a name known to all. (+5000) Womanl33t is a name known to all. (+5000) Womanl33t is a name known to all. (+5000) Womanl33t is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In order for growth, you need to be in a calorie surplus. (Eating more than you're burning throughout the day)

I say cut back on the cardio gradually, and start to incorporate some resistance training.

Stick to the basics, squats + deadlifts!

Good luck with growing that booty

pullupsNpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pullupsNpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pullupsNpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pullupsNpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pullupsNpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pullupsNpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pullupsNpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pullupsNpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pullupsNpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pullupsNpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pullupsNpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I train my glutes five days a week, but only two of these are in the gym via squats, deadlifts, lunges, hipthrusts, etc. On my three rest days I incorporate glute activation exercises such as quadruped hip extensions, bird dogs, side lying clams, and glute bridges, just one set of 12 of each and really focusing on squeezing my glutes for a three second count. I have noticed a huge improvement..best of luck!

dushash has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it's probably too late, but maybe this will help someone else who is looking to build butt and get flat abs. The main misconception that 99% of people will encounter is to do squats. Squats will grow your legs, thighs, quadriceps - you name it, but they only do so much for your butt. Simply put - since its too long to explain, just do glute bridges, especially ones with one leg routine - they focus on glutes mainly, unlike squats. Also if you maintain high protein diet you can get your butt bigger while slowly getting your abs flat. Will require time though.

LinzKaye is just really nice. (+1000) LinzKaye is just really nice. (+1000) LinzKaye is just really nice. (+1000) LinzKaye is just really nice. (+1000) LinzKaye is just really nice. (+1000) LinzKaye is just really nice. (+1000) LinzKaye is just really nice. (+1000) LinzKaye is just really nice. (+1000) LinzKaye is just really nice. (+1000) LinzKaye is just really nice. (+1000) LinzKaye is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can do these exercises all you want. But if you aren't consuming enough protein, carbs and fats to be able to allow the muscle to grow then you're going to be gaining at a very slow pace.
    Controlled Labs Representative
    Email: linzkaye@controlledlabs.com

►FREE SAMPLES◄
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149596763

Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official
    position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

http://www.********.com/lindsaykayefitness
    ---
    Instagram @linzkaye

feranna88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do squats.
    The ultimate butt expanding exercise is the full squat. It not only can dramatically increase the size of your butt, but it will also improve the shape of your legs, giving a more proportioned appearance.
    Stand erect with your feet about shoulder width apart.
    Keep your arms extended in front of you.
    Slowly bend your knees to a ninety degree angle.
    Keep your back straight and eyes looking ahead.
    Slowly rise to starting position, placing your hands on your hips.

Do lunges. Lunges will build up your quads (thighs) and glutes. To focus on your quads, do shorter lunges; for better glutes, do longer lunges.
    Stand erect with your feet about shoulder width apart.
    Keep your back leg straight and bend your front leg to lunge.
    Return to starting position.
    Alternate with your other leg.

Do kick backs. This exercise will both bulk up your glutes and improve your balance. To add resistance, use ankle weights or cables.
    Stand on one leg.
    With the leg that is free off the ground, kick it back until you see your butt squeeze into a bubble.
    Repeat 10 times and switch.

Tighten your core muscles. Working on your core (namely the rectus abdominis muscle, the internal and external obliques, and the transversus abdominis) can melt away excess fat around your belly, making it look tighter and smaller compared to your butt. Start off with these exercises:

Do leg lifts. Leg lifts (or raises) might sound like they're focused on your legs, but really they'll help work your abs. This beginner exercise can be made more difficult by holding a medicine ball (or bundle of clothes) between your ankles.
    Lie flat on your back with your legs stretched out in front of you.
    Bend your legs and raise them, keeping your toes pointed.
    Straighten your legs so that they're pointed at the ceiling.
    Slowly lower your legs to about an inch off the floor.
    Slowly raise your legs back up to the ceiling.
    Repeat 5 times, then rest for 30 seconds.

Do twist crunches. This variation on abdominal crunches will target your obliques, or the muscles around the sides of your waist.
    Lie on your back on the floor and bend your knees.
    Put your hands behind your head, keeping your elbows bent.
    Lift one shoulder off the ground, and twist to the opposite direction. For instance, if you lift your left shoulder up, twist your body toward the right.
    Repeat, alternating shoulders. Do 10 on each side.

Try sports that build your leg and buttocks muscles. A hobby you enjoy could also simultaneously enhance your rear. Here are some possibilities:

Running
    Cycling
    Swimming
    Gymnastics
    Skiing
    Volleyball
    Soccer
    Changing Your Diet

Adjust your weight. Whether you should gain weight or lose weight in order to make your butt bigger (relative to the rest of your body) depends on your natural body type, which is controlled by genetics. When you gain weight, where does the fat go first?

If it tends to go to the butt and hip area, gaining a little weight will help fill things out.

If fat goes to your arms, stomach, or back first, losing some weight will make your body more petite in relation to your butt, which makes your butt look bigger. Read How to Lose Weight. This is especially true if you carry extra weight on your waistline. Getting a smaller waist can make your butt look bigger, even if it didn't change a bit.

see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) see315 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    how about to reduce train? may be ...

BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000) BuffMother is just really nice. (+1000)
    strive to get in 2 heavy leg days a week-- SQUATS, DEADs and Lunges are a MUST!
    Your BuffMother, Michelle Berger
    Owner http://www.BuffMother.com

Current journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169126173&page=1

ohiodale is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Not only about how often

You should workout 2 to 3 times per week. Try to mix things up like doing the exercises in different order and use weights when possible. You should slightly increase the weights every 6 weeks or so. You only have to do about 15 minutes on each of the days you workout to see dramatic results in a couple of months.

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ohiodale View Post
    You should workout 2 to 3 times per week. Try to mix things up like doing the exercises in different order and use weights when possible. You should slightly increase the weights every 6 weeks or so. You only have to do about 15 minutes on each of the days you workout to see dramatic results in a couple of months.
    Why would you only increase weight every 6 weeks? Why force a progression scheme that slow? Beginners will likely be able to increase weight every workout (or almost every workout). Advanced athletes increase weight way slower, but at that point, they'll understand how to periodize and progress their own training.
    Olympus Labs Representative

Olympus Lyfestyle: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olympus-lyfestyle.html

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    Why would you only increase weight every 6 weeks? Why force a progression scheme that slow? Beginners will likely be able to increase weight every workout (or almost every workout). Advanced athletes increase weight way slower, but at that point, they'll understand how to periodize and progress their own training.
    OP made this thread 3 years ago, I doubt she's even around to read Dale's post. lol.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    OP made this thread 3 years ago, I doubt she's even around to read Dale's post. lol.
    Lol I noticed that after I posted, and contemplated deleting the post, but then decided to leave it up in case this topic comes up in search and someone else stumbles on it looking for advice.
    Olympus Labs Representative

Olympus Lyfestyle: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olympus-lyfestyle.html