Registered User danhenderson101's Avatar
    danhenderson101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bros i need help! how is this tricep/chest day workout?

Ok so on chest/tri days i do

4 sets of flat barbell bench
    4 sets of flat db bench
    6 sets of tri pulldown (rope)
    6 sets of tri pulldown (v grip)
    6 sets of tri pulldown (wide grip)
    4-6 sets of skullcrushers
    And then using the pec deck 5 sets of the higher grip and then 5 sets of the lower grip

Usually these are all 10 reps if i can manage it. Is this ok? Also how do i change uo my routine because these exercises are all pretty much all i can do in the gym so i do them all, or should i vary? Help please!

This is what my routine usually is

Day 1-chest/tris
    Day 2-Legs
    Rest
    Day 4-back/bis
    Day 5- shoulders
    Rest
    Day 7-legs again.

Any suggestions please?

Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Northlax3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by danhenderson101 View Post
    Ok so on chest/tri days i do

4 sets of flat barbell bench
    4 sets of flat db bench
    6 sets of tri pulldown (rope)
    6 sets of tri pulldown (v grip)
    6 sets of tri pulldown (wide grip)
    4-6 sets of skullcrushers
    And then using the pec deck 5 sets of the higher grip and then 5 sets of the lower grip

Usually these are all 10 reps if i can manage it. Is this ok? Also how do i change uo my routine because these exercises are all pretty much all i can do in the gym so i do them all, or should i vary? Help please!

This is what my routine usually is

Day 1-chest/tris
    Day 2-Legs
    Rest
    Day 4-back/bis
    Day 5- shoulders
    Rest
    Day 7-legs again.

Any suggestions please?
    IMO:

#1 8 sets of flat press? turn that into 4 of flat and 4 of incline or decline.
    #2 Replace a tricep exercise with either dumbbel pullovers/dips/dumbbell flys
    #3 Replace one of the pulldowns with french press/close grip bench/close grip pushups
    #4 too much volume overall. If your rep range is between 6-12, 6 sets of that is too much. Go with 3 sets of each exercise.
    #5 you have legs twice, ok cool. though between your 7th day of the "week" and your second day of the next cycle week, you only have 1 day of rest. Also, that rest is spent in the gym, so not really rest at all. either go once a week on your legs, or spread them out evenly.
    #6 I would cut out the pec dec at the end. If you want to pump a bit more blood in your chest, id bang out some good for pushups or dips.

Cheers and good luck with your BB goals.

Registered User danhenderson101's Avatar
    danhenderson101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh i usually rest after the second leg day i only ever go the gym for 2 days in a row at most then rest