Myresultsxnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to weight lifting

Hey all, I'm new to weight lifting. I'm 22 and rebounding from a nasty hip injury from soccer. Because of the injury I have gained about 15 pounds I'm looking to lose and tone up. I weigh 145 and am 5'6"

Anyways, I play soccer 4 nights a week Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I play an average of 2-4 hours on those nights. So I know my cardio is a okay again.

I have been weight lifting though, I've started on machines because of my injury. I will be staying on those until I get the okay to move to free weights.

Currently, I'm lifting 2 days a week. Wednesdays and Fridays because I don't want to lift before soccer.

Is two days enough or do I need to lift Mondays before soccer? Also, how much cardio should I do on those nights I lift? I warm up for 10-15 minutes, but should I be getting my heart rate up more on those days too?

larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) larisantos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd say lifting 3 times a week would be optimal for you
    Ok, now he was close
    Tried to domesticate you
    But you're an animal
    Baby, it's in your nature

Meow!

superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) superja is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you're already playing soccer 4x a week, there's no real need for you to do cardio. Cardio is a preference thing- lifting weights should get your heart rate up.

What program are you running? If you're doing full body or a good upper/lower split 2x a week, you don't NEED a third one. If your nutrition is good, you'll see progress.
    Someone once told me the definition of hell- Your last day on earth, the person you become meets the person you could have become.

~My Lifting Diary~ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158933283

Myresultsxnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by superja View Post
    If you're already playing soccer 4x a week, there's no real need for you to do cardio. Cardio is a preference thing- lifting weights should get your heart rate up.

What program are you running? If you're doing full body or a good upper/lower split 2x a week, you don't NEED a third one. If your nutrition is good, you'll see progress.
    Thank you, and yeah...it's fully body. I go through a whole circuit for lower and upper body plus abs. I do 12 reps at a high weight.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Myresultsxnow View Post
    Thank you, and yeah...it's fully body. I go through a whole circuit for lower and upper body plus abs. I do 12 reps at a high weight.
    If you can graduate to free weights and get off the machines, you'll see better progress.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."