SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Exclamation How to count macros and calories when eating out?

Im just getting information for my upcoming bulk... When your out at restraunts or having take out (which our family alot during the year) And they don't have the nutrition on the Internet, how do you get the macros and calories? Just take your best guess? There's no way on earth I can estimate the nutrition of my big Chinese feasts...😋

Choc Milk Connoisseur SacramentoZach's Avatar
    SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Either eat at a chain that posts their nutrition facts online or take your best guess.

inphamis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inphamis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inphamis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inphamis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inphamis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inphamis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inphamis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inphamis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inphamis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inphamis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inphamis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SacramentoZach View Post
    Either eat at a chain that posts their nutrition facts online or take your best guess.
    Pretty much this OP.

Check out the company websites and look for their nutritional information - most big name franchises have them and a lot of smaller ones too. Otherwise, like Sacramento said, you can have a rough guess based on your learnings of what you think's good i.e. One cup of rice is easy to remember the macros for so if you go to Japanese you already know the carb count.

GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GGWarrior8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One of the reasons why I dislike precise macro nutrient counting for recreational lifters. You will be hard pressed to eat too little dietary fat and dietary carbohydrates unless you are on a severely low calorie diet or your are purposely restricting them for whatever reason.

Calories can be guesstimated though. If you have been counting calories for a while you should be able to compare the meal to ones you have prepared in the past. If its a particularly big feast obviously don't bother (one meal 1-2x a week won't break a diet), but thats why you shouldn't eat out often.

i like marshmallow DJaRiHardstyle's Avatar
    DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    if i'm going to cut, i'd want to avoid restaurants that don't post nutrition information at all costs.
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com
    Never sensational. Always real.

Currently just coming off of a show; follow my offseason log:
    Mindfulness, Mastery, and Muscle - DJaRiHardstyle's Offseason Mission
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172199513&pagenumber=

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DJaRiHardstyle View Post
    if i'm going to cut, i'd want to avoid restaurants that don't post nutrition information at all costs.
    why? even if a restaurant posts nutrition info it is more likely than not way off. they dont go back in the kitchen and weigh out your portions and serve it to you. they just throw some on a plate
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Stats
    5'9", 125 lbs

I wouldn't worry about anything more than a rough estimation.

StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000) StephSkywalker is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just estimate based on what I think is in the food.. If I'm cutting, I overestimate
    ~ What is Dead will Never Die Crew

~Add me as a friend on MyFitnessPal & Instagram: StephSkywalker

I also have a Log. Check it out

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152157923

Gym Maxes - 420 Squat/300 Bench/465 Deadlift = 1,185 Total

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lee__d View Post

Stats
    5'9", 125 lbs

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Eating out or at a families house is always going to be a guesstimate as calorie counts in restaurants are not accurate.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000) Murdok1741 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lee__d View Post

Stats
    5'9", 125 lbs

x2. You really don't have much to worry about...just guess. I'm assuming you're trying to put on weight?
    OG 2004 Join Date

Max Lifts @ 190 lbs:
    - Benchpress - 235 lbs
    - Deadlift - 440 lbs
    - Squat - 365 lbs

Registered User TungstenCarbide's Avatar
    TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50) TungstenCarbide will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Remember what you ate. When you get home, Google the nutritional values. Then, adjust the rest of your macros accordingly.
    AllPros FTW!

USMC checking in.

qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    At your age and weight you need more food bro. Disregard counting, acquire more food.

As for the question, if its every once and a while eat what you want with in reason and enjoy your time out.
    Platform Supplemets:
    Controlled Labs Orange Triad & Oximega
    Allmax Creapture Creatine

lilcheese will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcheese will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcheese will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcheese will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcheese will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcheese will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcheese will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcheese will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcheese will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcheese will become famous soon enough. (+50) lilcheese will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Like others have said, doesn't seem like you need to be to concerned considering your stats....

After a while you learn to guess better or fill it in with similar. For example, if I go to a resturant and get a burger that does not have any nutritional facts, I will compare it to ones I already have nutritional facts on and use that. That way I am getting at least something similar. Also, I make sure not to add say, an egg if I get eggs. I use nutritional data on eggs from restaurants. You have to remember that they often use additional ingrediants such as olive oil and that means more calories.

Alpha As Fuking Fuk bigdogfarmhand's Avatar
    bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Like said before chain places cause they have nutrition allready.

At other small places its impossible to know what cut of meat they use or size or if the soaked in in butter. You get the point.
    Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder.

SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SizzlingPants has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks alot everyone. And yeah Im trying to gain weight so i count most of the time just to make sure im not overdoing it. I used to be fat and im never going back..

i like marshmallow DJaRiHardstyle's Avatar
    DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000) DJaRiHardstyle is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    why? even if a restaurant posts nutrition info it is more likely than not way off. they dont go back in the kitchen and weigh out your portions and serve it to you. they just throw some on a plate
    for that exact reason. it's already an estimate WITH the nutrition information.. without it, it's a huge estimate. and its much harder for us to estimate the macros than it is for the people making it.. in general, i'd stay away from restaurants during a cut altogether, but that's just me. except chipotle, because chipotle is life.
    My website:
    NoFluffStrength.com
    Never sensational. Always real.

Currently just coming off of a show; follow my offseason log:
    Mindfulness, Mastery, and Muscle - DJaRiHardstyle's Offseason Mission
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172199513&pagenumber=

xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SizzlingPants View Post
    Im just getting information for my upcoming bulk...
    Even if you were 25 or 30, do you really believe one meal is going to kill you when bulking? At your age you should be active and eating until your parents are broke. Don't get crazy but stay fed.
    "I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." -Ken Venturi