loucee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face Calorie Intake and that time of the month.

I'm currently at the end of "that time of month" but for some reason I am really struggling with my diet, and the craving's are playing havoc and I can't seem to stop grazing, so my question is when training daily do you adjust your diet for that time of month? I have recently increased my calorie intake from approx. 1200 to 1700 as I have now learnt that I was probably putting my body into starvation mode and was hitting the wall, I have also decreased the amount of cardio I was doing weekly and am concentrating on lifting. So what are your thoughts? I feel as though I am in a rut

Also I am thinking of doing the 12wk Jamie Eason LiveFit training program and wanted to know where I could find some before and after photos or if anyone has done this 12 wk program, I am frighted of gaining weight in phase 1.

Cheers and thank you.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I haven't really had more than 2 or 3 periods in the past 3 years but if I recall, I think I just left myself a bit of wiggle room at the end of the night, it's usually some good fats that can hold me over for a few days.

I wouldn't say you were in "starvation mode" but rather just being in too low of a deficit, 1700 you could probably still lose weight on if you train enough, let alone 1200. What is your goal??

Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    I haven't really had more than 2 or 3 periods in the past 3 years but if I recall, I think I just left myself a bit of wiggle room at the end of the night, it's usually some good fats that can hold me over for a few days.

I wouldn't say you were in "starvation mode" but rather just being in too low of a deficit, 1700 you could probably still lose weight on if you train enough, let alone 1200. What is your goal??
    Thank you, My Goal is to achieve a fitness model physique, in the short term the next 12+ months I have no intensions of competition but would consider it very later down the track.

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by loucee View Post
    Thank you, My Goal is to achieve a fitness model physique, in the short term the next 12+ months I have no intensions of competition but would consider it very later down the track.
    Then I would definitely use this time to build, build, build and I'd slow bulk. Up cals and keep lifting.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I did LiveFit and put progress pics each week on my BodySpace, you can see that I shrunk quite visibly from Weeks 1 to 4! Doing no cardio is the best
    Training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151424793

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I up my fats from 65grams to 80grams.
    Really helps me with cravings etc.
    I love fat, so I go to town on ice cream. ;D

Thank you, I have had such a bad week, and feeling rather low, but I am feeling motivated and glad that tomorrow is the start of a new week.

NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50) NutMeigh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lots of people here have been there!
    I've found some great recipes on proteinpow.com for making protein truffles that are to die for good, and really help the cravings without blowing the diet out of the water.

Good luck with your goals! There is a great sticky here on realistic goals and completing that might help you with your long term plan! I suspect that the advice you've gotten to bulk will lead you in the right direction

mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mediumraw has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am RAVENOUS the day before and the day of starting my period. I just go with it and eat whatever I want. But I'm pretty lax about diet.
    I'm only human...except in the gym.