Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Id have to agree with the bench dips, most find it puts more stress on their elbow joint than tricep (through personal experience from many who write programs) hit some heavy dips and i bet those triceps will pop brother. Focus on more Complex and quit all the isolation and i bet you will add some quality size.

Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Id have to agree with the bench dips, most find it puts more stress on their elbow joint than tricep (through personal experience from many who write programs) hit some heavy dips and i bet those triceps will pop brother. Focus on more Complex and quit all the isolation and i bet you will add some quality size.
    They hurt my wrists sometimes but mannnnn when they don't bother me they are the best! I've used as much as 4-5 plates on my lap and the pump is just ridiculous! Love that exercise!

Originally Posted by Swuuu View Post
    They hurt my wrists sometimes but mannnnn when they don't bother me they are the best! I've used as much as 4-5 plates on my lap and the pump is just ridiculous! Love that exercise!
    The amount of time setting up and executing the exercise could be halved with a dip belt or chains around your neck, or a DB between your legs for weighted dips which will put more strain on the muscle you are targeting and much safer than putting plates upon plates on your lap. not to mention what you said.. wrist strain, and also forearm strain from the bench dips. They are pretty severe just like smith squats which do more spine compression than regular squats.

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bob have you ever tried them with a fist grip against the bench? I've never been a fan of them myself but maybe this would keep the wrist in a more neutral position and alleviate some of the stress? Dunno, just a thought...
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Swuuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The amount of time setting up and executing the exercise could be halved with a dip belt or chains around your neck, or a DB between your legs for weighted dips which will put more strain on the muscle you are targeting and much safer than putting plates upon plates on your lap. not to mention what you said.. wrist strain, and also forearm strain from the bench dips. They are pretty severe just like smith squats which do more spine compression than regular squats.
    True but it's all about preference I never liked parallel dips. Never got comfortable with them. Bench dips are the way to go for me. I think if your not getting any pain from them they can be better than parallel dips. I've been using a bar across my lap instead of plates so that takes care of the time for setting up.

Originally Posted by MikeWines View Post
    Bob have you ever tried them with a fist grip against the bench? I've never been a fan of them myself but maybe this would keep the wrist in a more neutral position and alleviate some of the stress? Dunno, just a thought...
    If i can do weighted dips with 135 pounds around my waist, i would need over 200-250 pounds and i could still do 10+ Reps. If i can swing 3-4 chains around my neck and it takes 3 seconds i would much rather prefer it for time and simplicity not to mention better engagement on the tricep and overlap for chest depending on posture.
    Is it worth my time setting up for this? no.
    You can build triceps with close grip bench, various overlaps in any pressing movement, and small isolations such as skullcrushers, overhead cable extensions to hit the other portions of the tricep to engage the longhead and shorthead of the tricep. Which is overanalyzing something you do very often mike.

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If i can do weighted dips with 135 pounds around my waist, i would need over 200-250 pounds and i could still do 10+ Reps. If i can swing 3-4 chains around my neck and it takes 3 seconds i would much rather prefer it for time and simplicity not to mention better engagement on the tricep and overlap for chest depending on posture.
    Is it worth my time setting up for this? no.
    You can build triceps with close grip bench, various overlaps in any pressing movement, and small isolations such as skullcrushers, overhead cable extensions to hit the other portions of the tricep to engage the longhead and shorthead of the tricep. Which is overanalyzing something you do very often mike.
    It was merely a simple question. I had never done them before or any of their variations so I was just asking a question, not trying to analyze anything.
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GabrielC11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    How can i have missed this?!..Late but ssubbed. Have alot of catching up to do after being away from the boards for a couple days
    IForce Nutrition Compete Review: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145939303

You going bro?

Tomorrow (Friday) at ~6pm Vann Yarborough and I will be training legs at Pure Focus Sports Club in Brick, NJ. You are invited to join us free of charge and hit IHOP afterwards. See ya there!

M5 Reloaded + P6 Black =∞ MikeCellucor's Avatar
    MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeCellucor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

You going bro?

Tomorrow (Friday) at ~6pm Vann Yarborough and I will be training legs at Pure Focus Sports Club in Brick, NJ. You are invited to join us free of charge and hit IHOP afterwards. See ya there!

Ken's gym? That's my old stomping grounds. Awesome gym, because its got that oldschool vibe still, but if you get to know the equipment, monster workouts to be had!

Bonefish Grill is amazing if you like fish done clean, and seasoned well.

Last edited by MikeCellucor; 05-09-2013 at 07:47 AM.
    No Longer with Cellucor....do not contact directly for assistance, please see Official Rep Thread for assistance or contact Cellucor directly at Cellucor.com

1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You going bro?

I have work til 4 in New Brunswick and won't get home until a little before 6 damn. are you going to be here for the weekend NABBA show? I'll see you if you stay. I'd friggin' love that.

Also did the weighted dips today and definitely felt it. Going to include them in my press days much more frequently now. Log post to follow soon.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

B.S. Nutrition and Dietetics, University of Pittsburgh '16

*Disclaimer: All recommendations are not intended to treat or cure any serious medical conditions.

No. my work schedule is insane.
    You need to drop all the extra fluff and mostly isolation workouts, you will see 5x better gains.

You shold get on a basic 5/3/1 split with BBB Accessory (boring but big) Focusing on just compounds and minor isolation work. i bet you will grow 100x better.

1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 1JFS3 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No. my work schedule is insane.
    You need to drop all the extra fluff and mostly isolation workouts, you will see 5x better gains.

You shold get on a basic 5/3/1 split with BBB Accessory (boring but big) Focusing on just compounds and minor isolation work. i bet you will grow 100x better.
    I'll give it a go next week, thanks my man.

one day we will train together!
    Fuel Your Ambition!

*Disclaimer: All recommendations are not intended to treat or cure any serious medical conditions.

DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by 1JFS3 View Post
    I have work til 4 in New Brunswick and won't get home until a little before 6 damn. are you going to be here for the weekend NABBA show? I'll see you if you stay. I'd friggin' love that.

Also did the weighted dips today and definitely felt it. Going to include them in my press days much more frequently now. Log post to follow soon.
    I love weighted dips! My favorite tricep workout right next to skull crushers.
    1. Brady's balls were perfect crew
    4. Mopar Manlet Crew

Originally Posted by DasBiceps View Post
    I love weighted dips! My favorite tricep workout right next to skull crushers.
    Same here!

Tuesday, May 7th, 2013; Wednesday, May 8th, 2013; Thursday, May 9th, 2013; Day Nine, Ten and Eleven
    Starting Weight: 170 pounds, morning weigh-in
    Macros: 3,440 Cals- 435 carb, 100 fat, 200 protein

What the past three days consisted of

My new job continuing to kick my a$$ BUT, counting for my weekly cardio (SOO many stairs in steel-toe boots)

Force feeding. IDK if you guys know, but I use to struggle with an ED, so getting over this hump was hard...I appreciate all of your support.

Gains; Plain and simple. The amount of weight I can lift after 2 weeks and the amount of ease all of my old PR's are now is unreal.

My continued growth of love for Cellucor.

Supps
    NOW Omega-3 Ultra, ADAM, Creatine Monohydrate
    Cellucor Cor Performance Whey; Every flavor and Beta-BCAA; Every Flavor

Workout (Tuesday): Back and Bis

Warm-Up
    Upright Row: 3x12

Lift 1
    Alternate Dumbbell Row: 4x10

Lift 2
    Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown SS w/ Reverse Curl: 5x8 / 3x10

Lift 3
    Seated Dumbbell Curl: 4x8

Lift 4
    Front Lat Pushdown: 4x10

Lift 5
    Preacher Curl: 3x12

Closeout Lift
    Chin-Ups: Failure

Comments: Again, endurance boost from Beta-BCAA is the only thing keeping me moving after my 4 AM wake-ups and 5 PM workouts. I've been opting for fasted training (eating lunch at work ~1, post-workout meal pretty much finishes off my carb macros, two hours later some Greek Yogurt and PB finishes the day.)

Workout (Wednesday): Light Cardio, Abs

Comments: Didn't do any HIIT...walked on an incline for 15 minutes just to stay motivated. Really needed the rest, though. I'm taking a beating. Here's a good laugh though: Guy at work asked what the Cinnamon Roll smell was in the trailer ..enter Cor Performance Cinnamon Swirl.

Workout (Today): Chest and Tri

Warm-Up
    Pec-Deck: 1x13, 1x10, 1x7

Lift 1
    Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x8, 2x8, 2x5

Lift 2
    Flat Dumbbell Bench: 4x7

Lift 3
    Cable Cross: 4x8

Lift 4
    WEIGHTED DIPS: 4x15

Lift 5
    E-Z Curl Cable Pulldown: 4x10

Lift 6
    Incline Skullcrusher: 3x12

Closeout Lift
    Pushups, Diamonds

Eats: Have been very boring lately. Work forces me to eat most meals cold and have them ready quickly

Breakfast: Proats Bowls

Lunch: Sweet Potatoes, Chicken, Rice, Asparagus...yay

Other Stuff: Pancakes, Omelettes and Greek Yogurt Bowls w/ PBM, Cinnamon Swirl and Peanut Butter Toast Crunch (New Addiction and helps immensely with my carbs.) Also began using potato bread again...I love this stuff. Molten Chocolate shakes have been the go to for quick, late night protein sources. Muscle Maker Grill has also been a go to.

Comments: The bulk as a whole is going very well. I knew Cellucor products would deliver right off the bat and I am right where I want to be at this point. I'm going to utilize a 5/3/1 training protocol for the next, ah, month or so and see what it brings. I'm excited to see what comes of it. I have to comment on this new job, though. It is hindering my ability to cook, post and overall involvement with fitness. It sucks, yeah, but it's my pay, and after next week I start my summer classes so all I have to focus on is school and weights. I should be posting much more frequently then. I might start to to just post foods and workouts and leave the comments for Friday's "End of the Week" wrap up. They'll be awesome, trust me

Fuel Your Ambition!

Congrats on the new job! You'll figure it all out!! :P

Congrats on the new job! You'll figure it all out!! :P
    Thanks my man!
    Fuel Your Ambition!

Thanks my man!
    welcome!!

got some good eats in for tomorrow...

Different take on a proats bowl

Muscle Maker Grill

Bangin' Post-Workout Feast
    Fuel Your Ambition!

got some good eats in for tomorrow...

Different take on a proats bowl

Muscle Maker Grill

Bangin' Post-Workout Feast
    I like that place!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm haha

I like that place!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm haha
    my favorite place in the world. not even because of the ingredients (hell, it's not even low cal) but the taste...so damn good. and can't complain having 40+ protein in pretty much every meal. I'm a Yee-Ha, Turkey Meatballs kinda guy.
    Fuel Your Ambition!

my favorite place in the world. not even because of the ingredients (hell, it's not even low cal) but the taste...so damn good. and can't complain having 40+ protein in pretty much every meal. I'm a Yee-Ha, Turkey Meatballs kinda guy.
    Yuppppp yummmmmm . Too bad victors place closed!!

Yuppppp yummmmmm . Too bad victors place closed!!
    who?
    Fuel Your Ambition!

who?
    Victor martinez

Victor martinez
    what place was his? i must be missing something here lol
    Fuel Your Ambition!

what place was his? i must be missing something here lol
    You sure are lol. He had a muscle maker in edgewater!

You sure are lol. He had a muscle maker in edgewater!
    ohhh thats not really close to me..that's why hahaha. one opened literally 5 minutes from my college campus 4 days after I moved out..go figure!
    Fuel Your Ambition!

Whats your new job?

Upright rows are more shoulder oriented? Why on back?

Lets see some more deadlifts, squats, and compounds brother. Keep it simple, eat, grow, sleep and repeat!

ohhh thats not really close to me..that's why hahaha. one opened literally 5 minutes from my college campus 4 days after I moved out..go figure!
    Lol that sucks!