A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A7xThomas Workout Log MFT28 Greg Plitt

Hey everybody thanks for coming to my workout log. The reason i am doing MFT28 as best by the book as i can is because i really wanna drop into that single digits BF% this summer. So I am giving this workout a try i like the diet and the training program and the routine is alot to do but I wanna take on the challenge. Also there has also been a lot of controversy concerning greg plitts knowledge in the diet and routine and I wanna actually give it a full try all the way through and then at the end see if it worked as good as Plitt claims it will.

My goals are: Gain muscle while tremendously cutting away at my BF% and to gain weight and not lose any. I also wanna improve my cardio and just have a body that i am really happy with at my age.

My stats as of 3-31-13 are:

Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 173lbs
    BF%: around 13% to 14%

The supplements ill be taking are:

Gold standard 100% Whey protein
    Gold Standard Casein protein
    Amnio energy as my preworkout
    Muscle Pharm Creatine
    Fish oils
    Multivitamins I accidentally bought the multi for men 50 and above but whatever its still pretty much the same lol
    Glutamine
    Natural testosterone boosters. This is not testosterone it is just a product that helps boost your natural levels that are already in your body from testosterone that is not being used in the body.
    Im skipping out on the HMB it cost alot and i feel like i can live without it.

Ill be attaching pics so everyone can see the before and where I am starting from.

If i miss anything please let me know and ill add it this is my first log. Thanks everybody appreciate all who stop by and check when I start tomorrow. Ill probalby be posting in the aftrernoon after my morning workout and then again in the evening after my second cardio weights workout.

Oh and I will be posting all my exercises done. Calories consumed and all supplements taken.

Reps to all! Thanks!

A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) A7xThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did the fit test that you do before you begin to compare and here are my results.

Push-ups 60 seconds as many as possible: 60

1/2 bodyweight curls 60 seconds as many reps as possible: 85 pounds: 20

Hanging Dips 60 seconds as many reps as possible: 34

Chin-ups 60 seconds as many reps as possible: 20

Squat Jumps 60 seconds as many reps as possible: 30

I didnt complete the chinups.

Starting tomorrow morning! Working chest.

The workout split i will be doing is:

Chest
    Back
    Shoulders
    Arms
    Legs
    Shock and awe day Outside workout
    Rest and Recovery

Morning Workout: Chest Dominance Workout, Heavy Low Reps
    Rep Range: 8-12
    Rest Interval:60-90 Seconds

Smith Machine Push-up Ladder: 3 Sets

Set 1: 12 reps
    Set 2: 12 reps
    Set 3: 12 reps

Machine Flye, Pec Machine 3 Sets

Set 1: 105lbs - 12 Reps
    Set 2: 120lbs - 12 Reps
    Set 3: 135lbs - 12 Reps

Isometric Wipers (bodyweight push-ups)

Set1: 12 reps
    Set2: 12 reps
    Set3: 12 reps

Push ups (bodyweight) 3 Sets of 8-12 Reps

Set1: 12 Reps
    Set2: 12 Reps
    Set3: 12 Reps

Dumbell Bench Press, 3 Drops of 3, 5, 7, 9, Drop by 20 pounds

Set1: 3 reps- 90lbs: 5 Reps- 70lbs: 7 Reps - 50lbs: 9 reps- 30lbs
    Set2: Same as set 1
    Set3:Same as set 1

Dumbell Flyes 3 Sets to failure
    Set 1- 30 lbs
    Set 2- 30 lbs
    Set 3 - 30lbs

Single Arm Cable Crossover

Set1: 50lbs- 8 reps
    Set2: 50lbs- 10 reps
    Set3: 50lbs- 10 reps

Cable crossover

Set1: 50lbs- 8 reps
    Set2: 50lbs- 8 reps
    Set3: 50lbs- 8 reps

Decline Smith Push Press

Set1: 90lbs- 12 reps
    Set2: 140lbs- 10 reps
    Set3: 140lbs- 8 reps

Low cable Crossover

Set1: 50lbs- 12 reps
    Set2: 50lbs- 12 reps
    Set3: 50lbs- 12 reps

Pretty intense workout. The volume is alot there was more to do but i didnt have time to complete but feel good overall. Cardio weights tonight!
    Last edited by A7xThomas; 04-01-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Spelling

Just finished my evening cardio Weights workout. Its excactly the same as the one in the morning except i just go with light weights and high high reps. Everything felt pretty good but this was day one so I was pretty tired i didnt have as much as energy as I like but it still felt good I got another pump and was working out the burn.

Overall a good day for my chest im sure in the morning I am really gonna feel sore. This is my first ever hitting the same body part two times in a day.

My meals for today consisted of:

Morning: 2 scoops of whey protein a cup of chocolate milk.
    Pre workout and then another post workout out shake.

At about 4:00 I had a Subway foot long with italian bread and chicken fajita.

After my evening workout i had another post workout shake.

Feeling pretty good right now will have my nightime shake later when i get back from work which will be casein protein.

I should have a total of about 250 grams of protein and 200 grams of carbs only 20g of fat.

Supplements for today were:

2 mulitivitamins
    6 fish oils
    4 glutamine tablets
    Natural test boosters

Ready for tomorrows workout!

Stupid alarm didnt go off this morning missed workout but weighed myself and I gained 0.8 pounds so thats good to see probalby mostly from the creatine but i actually feel a little more dense.

My chest is really sore from yesterdays workout. Hitting my chest twice in one day is pretty crazy to me but it feels like i really got a good day in and activated the recovery on my muscle.

Heading to the gym in an hour to have my shoulder workout. Gonna make up for not have a cardio weight training session today.

Well for some reason i thought that it was shoulder workout today but actually it was back. No big deal its a good thing cause I didnt wanna use my chest for anything cause of the soreness. So here is my back workout. I had to modify alot of the workouts to fit my gym cause i dont have a sledgehammer laying around there. lol wut?

Pull ups (widegrip)

Set1:8
    Set2:10
    Set3:8

Cable close grip back rows

Set1:150lbs 8 reps
    Set2:same
    Set3:same

Kneeling high pulley row

Set1: 120lbs 12 reps
    Set2: same
    Set3: same

Barbell row

Set1:120lbs 12 reps

Shotgun row (cable)

Set1:65lbs 9 reps

Straight arm pulldown

Set1:80lbs 12 reps
    Set2: 95lbs 12 reps
    Set3: 95lbs 12 reps

One arm dumbell Row Dropset

Set1: 6 reps 50lbs- 8 reps 40lbs - 10 reps 30lbs

All in all good workout got a really good back pump and feel good like hitting one body part at a time. Shoulders is tomorrow.

Food taken in today:

2 scoops of whey protein, 1 cup of choco milk
    2 flour tortillas, 48 grams of protein from steak and half a cup of cheese
    2 scoops of whey protein, 1 cup of choco milk, creatine, fish oils, multi, and glutamine
    have my casein protein tonight 1 full scoop before bed.

My diet is good getting the calories that i want about 2600.

Shoulder workout today in the evening playing basketball after for my cardio weights.

I weigh 175 today and thats a gain of 2 pounds in three days again its mostly from the creatine i would assumer but i can notice it which is good motivation.

Will post workout later tonight.

Day 3: Shoulder Shred

Standing Military press ( Dumbells)

Set1:35lbs 12 reps
    Set2:40lbs 10 reps
    Set3:40lbs 10 reps

Upright Barbell row

Set1:95lbs 8 reps
    Set2: 95lbs 8 reps

Single Dumble raise

Set1: 60lbs 8 reps
    Set2: 55lbs 8 reps
    Set3: 55lbs 8 reps

Cable rear delt flye

Set1: 40lbs 10 reps
    Set2: 40lbs 10 reps
    Set3: 40lbs 10 reps

Got a good feeling after workout didnt get as many of the exercises that i wanted to get in due to lack of time. Shoulders are really feeling it though the delt flyes really tore me up.

Arms tomorrow looking forward to it. Dont know if i am gonna get in two in one day that is just to much after the feeling that i had with my chest on monday working twice in one day I dont know if i am big fan of that.

Forgot to post food.

My net cals were about 2200 cals
    234 grams of protein and 185 grams of carbs plus only 52 grams of fat.
    Dieting is pretty hard miss those late night allsups burritos lol

Supplements today:
    Mulitvitamin
    Fish oils
    Glutamine
    Natural test boosters
    Creatine

Weighed in at 177 just now. The high amount of protein and creatine is seriously getting me some good gains. I know it wont stay like this but god I wish it would lol

Gotta keep eating high protein and clean meals like I have been dont wanna see any fat gains what so ever. Will be having a arms workout later tonight and posting it.

Day 4: Arms War

Standing Barbell Curl:

Set1:75lbs 12 reps

Close Grip EZ Bar Curl:

Set1:75lbs 12 reps

EZ Bar Skull Curshers:

Set1:55lbs 10 reps

Close Grip EZ Bar Press:

Set1: 65lbs 12 reps

Body ups:

Set1:10 reps

Spider Curls:

Set1:55lbs 12 reps
    Set3: same

Standing Dumbell Triceps Extension

Set1:60lbs 12reps

Dumbell Kickbacks:

Set1:20lbs 15 reps

Standing Concentration Curls: Was really tired by this was so glad to be done.

Set1:30lbs 8 reps

Arms day is definitely the roughest workout so far i have legs tomorrow so ill see how that compares.

Calories at about 2700 and protein at the usual 250 grams.

Supplements all still the same havent changed.

Woo legs tomrrow!

Didnt get my legs today but tomorrow I am before I play basketball didnt wanna be able to not move my legs when i play. Looking forward to my leg workout.

Still weighed in at 177 this morning.

All meals and supplements are still the same.

Got my Leg workout in today. Didnt get in the gym like i wanted to but i was able to play basketball for like 2 hours so i worked them pretty good. Want to be in the gym doing squats though and weighted leg workouts. Will definitely be in the gym for leg day next friday.

Weigh 177 still today, ate about 260 grams of protein kept my fat intake to about 80 grams and about 200 carbs.

Still weighing in at 177 today hoping to get some more gains this week when im back in the gym. After one week of training using Plitts workout split and workouts i have to say i like the way his workouts are structured or at least the way that i was modifying them to myself.

There is a noticeable difference that i can see in my body right now. I think it will even be more noticeable after week 2. Looking forward to having a whole week to train again. Will be posting my chest workout tomorrow.

My goal for next week is to get to at least 180 pounds morning weight. Thats the only time that i weigh myself right after go to the bathroom so there is no extra weight from throughout the day.

Gained a total of 4 pounds in one week. Feels pretty good.