Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000)

ITT: Aussies Brehs, ASX trading club... join here!

Hi Guise...

A few weeks ago, i promised myself i'd invest AUD500.00 in a different stock, in shares every fortnight. I'm relatively young, mortgage free, baby mama fee etc... and thus can afford a fair bit of risk, so mainly focusing on different penny stocks.

Now obviously theres a plethora of stocks one could invest in, thru this thread we can share ideas and strategies, focused on Aus traded stocks.

inb4CEOballing10kaday.gif
    we finna eat good off dis one hombres

pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Bawse View Post
    Hi Guise...

A few weeks ago, i promised myself i'd invest AUD500.00 in a different stock, in shares every fortnight. I'm relatively young, mortgage free, baby mama fee etc... and thus can afford a fair bit of risk, so mainly focusing on different penny stocks.

Now obviously theres a plethora of stocks one could invest in, thru this thread we can share ideas and strategies, focused on Aus traded stocks.

If its not penny stocks I feel $500 is a bit low. My advice would be to invest in 2-4k increments.

I'm assuming the brokerage fee is a one off trading fee of around $40?

Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000) Bawse is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pokerash View Post
    If its not penny stocks I feel $500 is a bit low. My advice would be to invest in 2-4k increments.

I'm assuming the brokerage fee is a one off trading fee of around $40?
    Brokerage is $20 for me (Commsec), like i said mainly focussing on pennys, and then plan
    to use my bonus to xmas to buy into a growth fund. My friends are blowing money on balling, womens and fancy cars, i'd rather take on a bit of risk, i'm investing money i am willing to lose, but that said... doing due diligence

Whats been your strategy broseph?

sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In!

Opened up a commsec account a few weeks back, invested 2k last week and planning on buying in another 2.5k in the coming week

Originally Posted by sjd07 View Post
    In!

Opened up a commsec account a few weeks back, invested 2k last week and planning on buying in another 2.5k in the coming week
    In!

Sup brah, whats your strat? what did u invest in and how has the performance been so far...?

I been eyeing ONT, them dentists been profitable for more than a minute now,..., might sink $1000 into that next pay cheque

Munted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Munted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Munted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Munted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Munted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Munted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Munted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Munted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Munted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Munted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Munted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Investing/Business is one of the most rewarding returns you can have.... if you're good at it. On the other hand, it can destroy you! Start small.

Aussies will no doubt be aware of below.
    5k+

Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As mentioned $500 bucks is small to see a return. I suggest a little more but keep it small to learn as you go, say $1g a month to minimise the starting loss on brokerage. if you buy and sell a stock for a profit you automatically lose 8% of the $500 and you have to pay capital gains on top of that!! Think about it! Have a look at hotcopper.com.au or topstocks.com.au for ideas, then research the balls off it!! Even if its a sub $1 stock, research is key! If you think that you could make a profit doing what the company does and then convince someone else as to why, then invest! High risk stocks are way more fun then pokies or the trots! Good luck and happy hunting!

pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000) pokerash is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Brokerage is $20 for me (Commsec), like i said mainly focussing on pennys, and then plan
    to use my bonus to xmas to buy into a growth fund. My friends are blowing money on balling, womens and fancy cars, i'd rather take on a bit of risk, i'm investing money i am willing to lose, but that said... doing due diligence

Whats been your strategy broseph?
    I'm like you, interested but haven't really started yet. I have a few shares but these are not penny stocks and I've had them for many years.

$20 fee seems good. I agree that risking some money into these shares is a better idea than material items like your friends. What have you done in the way of educating yourself? Any good Ebooks?

I'll be looking at starting in the early months of next year. I can get really good paying jobs here in Australia. I'm currently saving an easy $700 AU a week all of which will be spend on my 2+ month south east Asia holiday. So after this is done I might attempt the penny stock market also.

Keep us informed of your progress.

Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've started this recently too (set up a commsec account, activated today - have some questions in the future).

A very good tip I've discovered is not to invest in long term, invest very short term (literally like an hour or half a day).

Each morning I look at the 'recent announcements' on the ASX page. You want to look for events like mergers/acquisitions/discovery/extension of new minerals. You buy this company and within an hour you can gain $1500+ on an initial $9000 down.

Sell the shares and leave with your $1500 profit. That's over $1000 profit in an hour. Just do this throughout the day/week and you should do well.

I found this company last week, it acquired a mongolian mining company and the share price has almost tripled in valued (went from 0.20 to 0.53).

OP, if you had of invested in them you would've made:

$500 divided by 0.20 = 2500

0.53 - 0.20 = 0.33

0.33 x 2500 = $825 in a few days

here's some data some charts for it:

Hopefully we can get this thread going well.

In!

Anyone got word on AUZ?

Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Delc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Appille View Post
    I've started this recently too (set up a commsec account, activated today - have some questions in the future).

A very good tip I've discovered is not to invest in long term, invest very short term (literally like an hour or half a day).

Each morning I look at the 'recent announcements' on the ASX page. You want to look for events like mergers/acquisitions/discovery/extension of new minerals. You buy this company and within an hour you can gain $1500+ on an initial $9000 down.

Sell the shares and leave with your $1500 profit. That's over $1000 profit in an hour. Just do this throughout the day/week and you should do well.

I found this company last week, it acquired a mongolian mining company and the share price has almost tripled in valued (went from 0.20 to 0.53).

OP, if you had of invested in them you would've made:

$500 divided by 0.20 = 2500

0.53 - 0.20 = 0.33

0.33 x 2500 = $825 in a few days

here's some data some charts for it:

Hopefully we can get this thread going well.
    Congratulations on a good run, I personally have a love hate relationship with quick runs.

I think the best approach is strong research. Jumping on the bandwagon so to speak can be rewarding but also dangerous. Its investing for growth not gambling!!

In saying that I recently got on MHM (Have a look), which had done something very similar as to what you mentioned above!

Let me know if you spot another, haha!

Anyone got word on AUZ?
    Had a quick look! When a stock is 0.001 its a lot closer to not existing anymore then growth. You want promising stocks, not dogs, look around the 0.05c to 0.5c range and remember to do your own research!

kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    good thread man, I wanna get into investing, but there is only rubbish on the NZSX. Is mining still ballin over there?

Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000) Appille is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looked at the MHM stock, strong growth lol. Went up like $1. There are some stocks that I just don't understand, they make an announcement which you expect to lead to an increase and the price goes down.

Still doing research this week (waiting for funds to be transfered over to Commsec).

How much are you guys looking to invest/are you already up and running?

Looked at the MHM stock, strong growth lol. Went up like $1. There are some stocks that I just don't understand, they make an announcement which you expect to lead to an increase and the price goes down.

Still doing research this week (waiting for funds to be transfered over to Commsec).

I get paid in 9 days, so need to have settled on a buy

check out BML

they just discovered more copper FTW

Originally Posted by kiwiguy68 View Post
    good thread man, I wanna get into investing, but there is only rubbish on the NZSX. Is mining still ballin over there?
    Get an ASB bank account and start a share-trading account.

ASB is linked to the Australian Commonwealth Bank so you can buy from both the NZX and ASX

Yeah i was one of the lucky ones. Things to keep in mind are stocks are priced simply on supply and demand, so whilst a stock may put out a positive announcement if the demand for the product is not there it wont rise! Infact a positive announcement might not reflect the expectations of the market, which will lead to a decrease in value!
    The only way to learn is to get in amougst it and lose/risk money yourself. Thats why in my opinion its good to start small, it must be remembered that there is always someone out there with more knowledge then yourself, you just have to prove them wrong!! Haha. DYOR

kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kiwiguy68 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Get an ASB bank account and start a share-trading account.

ASB is linked to the Australian Commonwealth Bank so you can buy from both the NZX and ASX
    Already have bro. Haven't signed up to ASB Securities yet but looks pretty easy. So you can buy ASX shares too? Only thing that sucks is the $30 charge per purchase. Do you guys have a figure which you think you should use as a minimum when purchasing parcels?

check out BML

lol I found these guys this morning before the market opened. I tracked how they performed throughout the day:

I get paid in 9 days, so need to have settled on a buy

check out BML

Volume was low today but its defiantly positive news! Keep an eye on it, I will be. Cheers!

Originally Posted by Delc View Post
    Volume was low today but its defiantly positive news! Keep an eye on it, I will be. Cheers!
    Went long 4600 shares this morning! 1st stock in my portfolio, need to find one to dump my pay into Friday week, otherwise Ballers gon ball lulz

p.s aussie brehs lets 5 star this kthnxbye

Originally Posted by kiwiguy68 View Post
    Already have bro. Haven't signed up to ASB Securities yet but looks pretty easy. So you can buy ASX shares too? Only thing that sucks is the $30 charge per purchase. Do you guys have a figure which you think you should use as a minimum when purchasing parcels?
    I've been using ASB Securities the last few years. It's really easy to use and purchasing from the ASX is just as easy as from the NZX. I'm not sure about penny stocks though. In order for the brokerage fee to have a minimal affect I was buying in $3k+ lots. I don't think there is any cheaper option than ASB securities in NZ, the only other company I've used was Craigs investment a proper share trading place the fee here was $70 per transaction.

FBIbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBIbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBIbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBIbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBIbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBIbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBIbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBIbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBIbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBIbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) FBIbrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    is $200 waaaay to low to even bother investing?
    i'm 18 and working casually so i dont have that much spare money after going out etc.
    but have always been interested in investing and business (studying an engineering and business at uni)

would it be a waste of time investing with such small amounts.. I could save up more over a few weeks but then again i wouldn't want to risk all of that

Hautacam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hautacam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hautacam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hautacam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hautacam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hautacam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hautacam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hautacam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hautacam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hautacam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hautacam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    in. Don't bother with $500. Man MQG is looking cheap.

Originally Posted by FBIbrah View Post
    is $200 waaaay to low to even bother investing?
    i'm 18 and working casually so i dont have that much spare money after going out etc.
    but have always been interested in investing and business (studying an engineering and business at uni)

would it be a waste of time investing with such small amounts.. I could save up more over a few weeks but then again i wouldn't want to risk all of that
    Simple answer is YES $200 is to low to try.

I've been using ASB Securities the last few years. It's really easy to use and purchasing from the ASX is just as easy as from the NZX. I'm not sure about penny stocks though. In order for the brokerage fee to have a minimal affect I was buying in $3k+ lots. I don't think there is any cheaper option than ASB securities in NZ, the only other company I've used was Craigs investment a proper share trading place the fee here was $70 per transaction.
    cool man, that was my reasoning, coz after 3k it is flat 1% right?

maybe thread title is misleading brahs, i'm investing not trading... looking at holding @ least 6 months +

I am targetting pennys for their growth potential... obviously the majority flop, but the ones that gain give good returns e.g aforementioned mhm, that return would more than cover $20 brokerage. I treat the fees as 2 less beers on the weekend

Went long 4600 shares this morning! 1st stock in my portfolio, need to find one to dump my pay into Friday week, otherwise Ballers gon ball lulz

p.s aussie brehs lets 5 star this kthnxbye
    Nice work Brah, good luck.
    Have and keep an eye on FML (not the website)! Haha
    Junior gold minor in WA, New site Treasure Island looks promising!!

JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinStacks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Guise...

Hard to make money in Penny Stocks. Thousands of them out there.

With $500, I'd be investing in Options instead of the actual shares. You get more leverage and you can invest in the big boys (blue chip stocks) which are easier to predict then Penny stocks and you can go long (buying calls) or go short (buying puts). All you need is a margin account and have your account approved for options buying.

Let me know if you have any questions. I have lots of experience.
    If It CaN't KiLL Ya|
    IT AiN'T A SpOrT|

={{{---------}}}=

Aussie Gym Junkies.Com An Australian BB Community

maybe thread title is misleading brahs, i'm investing not trading... looking at holding @ least 6 months +

I am targetting pennys for their growth potential... obviously the majority flop, but the ones that gain give good returns e.g aforementioned mhm, that return would more than cover $20 brokerage. I treat the fees as 2 less beers on the weekend
    Just remember the kicker in Aus is the 49 cents to the dollar capital gains tax on investments less then a year! Eg make a quick profit and offload, or hold for 1 year!

If you manage to snag or line up a stock similar to MHM, let me know. Im looking to take some early gains for another couple of bottles of very nice whiskey!!