TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000)

Why aren't more pros putting out training videos?

I just saw the newest Branch/JoJ training video and I know it is going to be followed by a cascade of negative comments about form and pretty much no one being grateful that they are the only top pros putting anything out there. I can't remember the last workout Kai, Phil or any of the other top bodybuilders put out. This is a sport which has two big weekends a year and it is ridiculous to expect fans to just stick around and wait for a few days a year. I think that is a reason so many people get disillusioned (amongst other things) with bodybuilding. You can't build a fan base like that.

And it would be better for the athletes as well, as they would be raising their profile and that in turn would translate into more financial gain. So even from that perspective I do not get it.

For those of you who will bring out the whole "they don't want to give away their secrets", we all know that supplementation and genetics are what gets you over the hump and make you top class in this sport. Its not like someone is going to see Phil's arm workout, repeat it and get Phil's arms. I can watch Pakulski's leg workout video all day long and do it just like he does, but I will never have tree trunks for legs and neither will other bodybuilders.

Also, showing up and psyching out your opponents into losing is a load of garbage. You look like you look. How others look doesn't change it. So I really can't even imagine why pros do not put out more training videos, other than to actually make us pay for them. And honestly, that is not going to happen in the vast majority of cases.

I am a fan and I just want to be able to enjoy seeing my favorite athletes year round and I think a lot of people would feel the same. GIVE US MORE VIDEOS PROS!!!!!

Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000) Ajthemeso is a name known to all. (+5000)
    kai does some videos where people train with him and he gives them advice called "train with kai". and as for phil; it's kinda hard doing training videos when your Mr. O. here's some pics for the new upcoming "train with kai" video 'courtesy of tkd-

Kai Greene, Phil Heath, Cedric McMillan, Lionel Beyeke, Shawn Rhoden

"Looking up at goals once only found in my dreams can only make me think of those who looked down upon those dreams. The only time you should ever look down upon another person, is when you are extending a hand to lift them up." - kai greene

f0rcedr4ps will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rcedr4ps will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rcedr4ps will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rcedr4ps will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rcedr4ps will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rcedr4ps will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rcedr4ps will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rcedr4ps will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rcedr4ps will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rcedr4ps will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rcedr4ps will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah I agree with you.

Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah it sucks. It's one of the few professional sports where you can't watch the athletes practice/train.

BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000) BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why put out something for free when there's bucks to made from selling DVDs....
    ''There’s this battle over waterboarding at places like Guantanamo Bay. I think that they should just say, “Hey, if you guys don’t talk, you have to see Hercules In New York.” I guarantee those guys would talk much faster. You don’t need to do waterboarding or anything else. That’s the ultimate threat.''

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Team Kai

''Well that's a kick in the gentleman relish'' MaKaiser

TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000) TropicalSunset is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BOUNTYHUNTERMK2 View Post
    Why put out something for free when there's bucks to made from selling DVDs....
    Unfortunately I think that is the bottom line here. That is what it is and there really isn't any way around it. Unfortunate, as like I said, just the two big competitions aren't enough to build anything but the most hardcore fan base.

mrdot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mrdot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    they save most of the training footage for the battle for the olympia videos

___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i agree that there must be more things to entertain the bodybuilding fans throughout the year..
    but at the same time i sometimes find bodybuilding videos kinda boring.. its aways the same thing: lift some weights and eat.. its not that exciting..

Roguecraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roguecraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roguecraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roguecraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roguecraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roguecraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roguecraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roguecraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roguecraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roguecraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Roguecraft will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some pros probably don't make training videos, that way their competition don't know about their progression
    Not a Zyzz fan
    Not a Zack Khan fan

Johhnie O Jackson fan
    Kai Greene fan

Also logging my workout like a new****, get in @ http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148593143

Originally Posted by Roguecraft View Post
    Some pros probably don't make training videos, that way their competition don't know about their progression
    That was the point I was trying to make. I don't understand what difference it makes if your competition know or doesn't know of your progress. Its not like they are all not trying their best anyways. And you can always work out in a hoodie like Kai and not give away too much.

Aesthetically pleased fretslayer's Avatar
    fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000) fretslayer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ___ View Post
    i agree that there must be more things to entertain the bodybuilding fans throughout the year..
    but at the same time i sometimes find bodybuilding videos kinda boring.. its aways the same thing: lift some weights and eat.. its not that exciting..
    The straight no edit, no dialogue clips are totally boring to watch. The Mike Pulcinella style clips are awesome, and should be a point of reference to the rest.
    Lee Priest for President

do i have brotential BartPimpson's Avatar
    BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BartPimpson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Probably because if they don't release training vids then their training DVDs seem like a bigger deal.
    We're dodging more ninjitsu attacks than Flex Wheeler. We're ducking more bullets than George Farah. We're facing more death than a kid leg pressing at Branch Warren's gym.

You can't stop us. You can't hold us back.

IFBB brahs über alles.

ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500)
    reason why it's not released for free........ $

still haven't seen these training sessions posted

1325AIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1325AIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1325AIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1325AIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1325AIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1325AIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1325AIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1325AIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1325AIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1325AIR will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1325AIR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fretslayer View Post
    The Mike Pulcinella style clips are awesome, and should be a point of reference to the rest.
    This = repped
    PROPTA Certified & IFBB Recognized

MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Honestly I think more pros will be moving this way soon. Look at DLB - she's using her videos to make bank with FNF et al even if she hasn't really won anything. She's very popular and there's no way that's not being noticed. (See also: TMW/Ogus/etc.)

That being said, there's lots of weekly videos of no names and up-and-comers out there. The next generation will be deeply immersed in YouTube-style money-making.

Just wait, it's happening.
    330->210. Drop me a PM if you're just getting started and want some advice.
    Do what you love and you'll never workout a day in your life.

MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Keep an eye on the 'latest Bodyspace videos'. There are lots of people cranking new stuff out. Not everything is going to be great, but there's more than enough to keep ya busy watching for hours:
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ac...n=newestvideos
    330->210. Drop me a PM if you're just getting started and want some advice.
    Do what you love and you'll never workout a day in your life.

lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    With the internet nowadays and the following they have i think they should be putting more vids out. Its not hard. Someone films and uploads, so being busy isnt an excuse. This is what fans want to see.

KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Honestly, I think that the videos will be huge for the up and comers. Guys who are still in the NPC and not getting paid yet, but trying to make a name for themselves. They simply put have to make videos. Eventually for some of them, it will pay off with sponsorships. Just as an example, look at Jason Genova. Now he isn't a pro by any means, but just by putting out those videos, he was able to pick up a sponsorship.

Honest truth is that I would like to see an actual NPC level competitor, or perhaps a newer IFBB pro doing the same kind of video series as Jason Genova. Basically we would get to watch the guy workout and improve, and get a real idea of how that person is as a real person over a long period of time.

SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KCTonyG View Post
    Honestly, I think that the videos will be huge for the up and comers. Guys who are still in the NPC and not getting paid yet, but trying to make a name for themselves. They simply put have to make videos. Eventually for some of them, it will pay off with sponsorships. Just as an example, look at Jason Genova. Now he isn't a pro by any means, but just by putting out those videos, he was able to pick up a sponsorship.

Honest truth is that I would like to see an actual NPC level competitor, or perhaps a newer IFBB pro doing the same kind of video series as Jason Genova. Basically we would get to watch the guy workout and improve, and get a real idea of how that person is as a real person over a long period of time.

what I don't understand is how some guys can get so popular with a decent physique but there are thousands of others with phenomenal physiques that aren't nearly as popular.

6500 likes on his page

80000 likes on his page

Full Blown Baby
    Kevin Levrone 100 lbs in my face

Medical Student - Class of 2021 ! :)

KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SammyJr View Post
    what I don't understand is how some guys can get so popular with a decent physique but there are thousands of others with phenomenal physiques that aren't nearly as popular.
    You know as well as I do that the bodybuilding look isn't nearly as popular as the men's physique look. Guys like it because it is attainable naturally, and without nearly the amount of time and effort.

trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trulyhuge1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Won't get much of a return financially with all the people posting the entire videos on youtube.

flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ndog View Post
    reason why it's not released for free........ $

still haven't seen these training sessions posted

Muscletech are pretty slack with their vids. Took them nearly a year to update their athletes contest placings.
    A pattern in the chaos.

___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ___ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SammyJr View Post
    its because physiques alone dont attract people.
    humor attracts people (Genova.. you know.. people only watch it for a good laught)
    breaking records..
    even bizarre things attract some attention (Genova again)

in fact its the desire to see something unexpected is what attract ones attention.. so if someone is not getting enough attention is because hes not doing anything special

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Several reasons. It's one of these, a combination of them, or some other reasons that I haven't thought of yet.

* they don't wanna be seen too often leading up to a show in gym lighting because if any judges see it, and the lighting on stage isn't as good (often the case) then they'll expect them showing up like a freak....and be disappointed when they don't look the same as they did in gym lighting. Judges interviewed on PBW have *themselves* stated that they *try* not letting that make them bias but that it's very hard not to let it influence your judging in some way or another (virtually impossible)

* some of the guys have exclusive contracts (like with MD), where the entity they're contracted with doesn't want them releasing videos/interviews without permission. This severely restricts the amount of videos that some of the guys can do. Same goes with interviews. All so that the entity they're contracted with gets exclusive privilege of shooting vids, interviewing over radio, and/or interviewing in magazines with them.

* Top guys probably don't do it as often cus it might distract them from their training or simply be an extra thing that could stress them out (keep in mind that some of these people also have busy travel schedules, whether with guest posing or other media appearances, or just local stuff they do with the community)

* some guys, especially top guys, probably don't do it as much because they wanna save most of their video for DVD's that they'll be making. Especially given the in-depth nature of some of these DVD's, I can imagine some pros don't even see a reason to post up vids for free.

Personally, I think more guys should be doing vids as well. This has become much easier with the advent of Youtube, allowing everyone to *drastically* cut costs when it comes to making video of themselves available to the public.