Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Cowmustard View Post
    TRAINING
    -4am 22min 6mph jog
    =15min shadowspar
    -9pm 25min powerwalk
    -2pm Spar
    -10rounds 3 minutes muay thai
    TOTAL-1190cals

FOOD(CALS-%f/%p/%c) 3488-72/22/6

THOUGHTS and JOURNAL
    -sparring was GREAT, all my basic work paid off!!! footwork and cover worked real well!!!
    -was supposed to be a low cardio day... yea didn't happen. Bro invited me to help spar prep and couldn't help myself.
    -Getting it done my broskiS
    How can you eat that much? I mean, how can you physically eat that many calories?

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post
    How can you eat that much? I mean, how can you physically eat that many calories?
    Chicken and mayo(with a bit of cranks and dash) is my "big meal" when I gotta fill in cals. I am also a big fan of almonds and those add up real quick.

Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Chicken and mayo(with a bit of cranks and dash) is my "big meal" when I gotta fill in cals. I am also a big fan of almonds and those add up real quick.

I love almonds too, but if I eat more than a handful my fat loss stalls out immediately. On top of that, they make me crave sweets so I have to stay away from them.

Keepin' It Kingdom (KIK) jcpryor3's Avatar
    jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    TRAINING
    -4am 22min 6mph jog
    =15min shadowspar
    -9pm 25min powerwalk
    -2pm Spar
    -10rounds 3 minutes muay thai
    TOTAL-1190cals

FOOD(CALS-%f/%p/%c) 3488-72/22/6

THOUGHTS and JOURNAL
    -sparring was GREAT, all my basic work paid off!!! footwork and cover worked real well!!!
    -was supposed to be a low cardio day... yea didn't happen. Bro invited me to help spar prep and couldn't help myself.
    -Getting it done my broskiS
    I'm with yabby on this one...3,488 cals? Well, that's nothing compared to the 5,000 cals you ate once lol
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Starting Stats: 206lbs@19%, LBM@193.4lbs <---------- LBM inaccurate
    Current Stats: 177.8lbs@11.5%, LBM@157.7lbs

God is first, I am second
    Set goals, take action, then achieve
    Keto Lifestyle

2012 BB.com Transformation Challenge Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150883123

Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Cowmustard has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jcpryor3 View Post
    I'm with yabby on this one...3,488 cals? Well, that's nothing compared to the 5,000 cals you ate once lol
    zig zaggin keto style baby, OH YEA!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

1/16/2012 Day 16/84

TRAINING
    -4am 22min 6mph jog
    =15min shadowspar
    -9pm 25min powerwalk
    -2pm lift
    =3 circuits of bw dips/bw pullups/boxsquats 135x5
    -5pm 1min 6mph jog
    =15min shadowspar
    TOTAL-1350cals

FOOD(CALS-%f/%p/%c) 2794-63/26/11

THOUGHTS and JOURNAL
    -took it easy on lifting today to rest shoulder, squat form felt solid, pullups wer a breeze(loosing weight???)
    -jogging felt light, even had a full blown convo with wife without much difficulty
    -really felt good on shadowsparring, really nailing down my footwork!!!
    -such a slow day at work. I'll miss it come may.

MOTIVTION
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

1/18/2012 Day 18/84

Carb up day!!! WOOT WOOT

-took my stats for the third time this week and still saw fat loss stall(technically).
    -might have been creating to big of a deficit for healthy fat loss
    -going to do a "strategic metabolic reset"
    -do a lil reasearch and a whole lotta nothing around the house.

I am thinking of coming back the rest of this challenge at 3.0-3.2k calories daily and tone down the cardio to maybe 300-500 cals. I think I overshot my body(been having the ache in the back of my head I associated with overtraining when I was younger).

So in short, relaxation and carbs for today my mates. bacon, eggs, and tabatas tomorrow!!!

Last edited by Cowmustard; 01-18-2013 at 08:25 AM.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

1/18 MEAL COUNT and DA DATA!!!

lets see what I ate
    -large cinnamon toast cereal bar
    -2 twix
    -snickers peanut butter
    -honey bun
    -butterfinger bar
    -snickers almond
    -3 cans skettios
    -3 pints B&J's (cannoli, froyo half baked, voluntiramsu)
    -3 pints bluebell (cookie dough, banana split, rockyroad)
    -chickfillet spicy sandwich+fries
    -handful of fiber one bars
    -3 fiberone bars
    -3 dunkin donuts
    -can of beef stew
    -can of minestroni

I think that is it, but I might of missed a few things, who puts the COW in COWMUSTARD!!!

now here is the kicker, morning stats of 1/19
    1/19 227.2lbs @12.91%bf 29.33fm/197.87lm 11c/12a/20t

-so I lost bf eating 6 pints of icecream....
    -I could market this... :P
    -more then likely my R-ALA was a champ yesterday and all the water went into ze muskles.
    -so they are pumped right now and the fat is a lil spread out...(at least that is my hypothesis)

-take stats again tuesday to get a better view of the true nature of the beast.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you believe that carbing up sped up losing weight, I mean, did you try losing weight before just on Keto, without carbing up, and what do you think works faster??

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Pishko View Post
    Do you believe that carbing up sped up losing weight, I mean, did you try losing weight before just on Keto, without carbing up, and what do you think works faster??
    I can't speak for Cowmustard. I will state that carbing up helps keep hormones, especially leptin, higher. If you are lifting weights, you pretty much NEED to do it to an extent to maintain performance. You can get by for a bit doing lower reps/higher weight, but it eventually becomes a limiting factor. Additionally, I began to feel really really crummy after not doing a carb up for over 6 weeks, once. Never again want to experience that.

Does it speed fat loss? That is a long and complicated question. I believe in the long term, you can maintain fat loss and maintain results for a much longer period with carb-ups, periodically. Not necessarily weekly, depending on the amount of carbs you eat daily.

For example, I do TKD, so my carbs are higher on a daily basis than someone doing CKD. I don't have to do a structured carb up as frequently.

I tried losing weight, and succeeded, doing a normal diet(brown rice, broccoli, lean meat) as well, not counting calories at all. I lost about 30 lbs that way, from 300 to 270. I then stalled for months and started exploring my options. I went from 270 to about 205 doing low carb, and then keto(and started counting macros/calories).
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

I second grifts responce my man, it kinda depends on the person
    -I do believe zig zagging with "free meals" helps my metabolism keep trucking down the fatloss road. doesn't mean thats the only way to do it though
    -also I do alot of my MMA stuff so yea carb ups are a nessecity to MY training routine, but the verdict is out if their nessicary for my goals!!!

Originally Posted by Grifts View Post

I tried losing weight, and succeeded, doing a normal diet(brown rice, broccoli, lean meat) as well, not counting calories at all. I lost about 30 lbs that way, from 300 to 270. I then stalled for months and started exploring my options. I went from 270 to about 205 doing low carb, and then keto(and started counting macros/calories).
    -mad props again for the weight loss bro, very respectable
    -I did the same thing, stalled out on the 40/40/20 diet, went lower carb and never had a problem again(when I control my diet).

SO WHAT DO MY BRAHS THINK, was that one day enough to counter a week and a half overtraining/undereating???
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000) GTO91 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow, just reading you're carb up, makes me hungry.
    You say 3 pints of B&J, do you mean like 3 of those 500ml ones?
    You sure can eat a lot man!

Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Grifts is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    SO WHAT DO MY BRAHS THINK, was that one day enough to counter a week and a half overtraining/undereating???
    Do you feel like butter scraped over too much bread?

Or is it "GO TIME!"
    www.squidoo.com/keto-diet

Was 300+ lbs.
    Logs
    90 day XAT-7 and Cardio Igniter forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146779723
    TEST-PEAK http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149177173
    2013 BB.com challenge log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150876933

Sugar Alcohols...Explained http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151110953

Metabolic advantage of keto diet: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153834101

Originally Posted by Grifts View Post
    Do you feel like butter scraped over too much bread?

Or is it "GO TIME!"
    there thursday night/friday morning I deffinitlle felt toasted, to much running maybe. I feel mellow right now, even after the epic carb day.... not sure man.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pishko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So man do you see your abs already at that BF% and can you post a progress picture of yours?

So man do you see your abs already at that BF% and can you post a progress picture of yours?
    I got some upper abs peaking through, and for the first time this cut, I can see some veins in my lower abs hip range,

I still got some water bloat so I am not buying the sub 13 bf yet, but I'll get some picks up at the end of January
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

How do you measure BF by the way brother?

How do you measure BF by the way brother?
    I got some pinch calibers, i take my weight and three pinch sites(pec, ab, thigh) then plug them into ze formula from the link here
    http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

and it spits back a pretty nice lil breakdown of total bf, lm, and fm. really helps me track along, the calibers were like 2-3 dollars as well so that is sweet for this poor bro!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

1/19/2012 Day 18/84

TRAINING
    -morning lift
    =couple rounds on the bag
    -evening shadowboxing
    TOTAL-775cals

FOOD(CALS-%f/%p/%c) 2934-60/30/10

THOUGHTS and JOURNAL
    -taking it down a notch after yesterdays "strategic metabolic reset"
    -lifting felt good and easy, pullups like a beast!!!
    -shadow boxing was incredibly snappy, glycogen???

MOTIVTION
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpryor3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    TRAINING
    -4am 22min 6mph jog
    =15min shadowspar
    -9pm 25min powerwalk
    -2pm lift
    =3 circuits of bw dips/bw pullups/boxsquats 135x5
    -5pm 1min 6mph jog
    =15min shadowspar
    TOTAL-1350cals

FOOD(CALS-%f/%p/%c) 2794-63/26/11

THOUGHTS and JOURNAL
    -took it easy on lifting today to rest shoulder, squat form felt solid, pullups wer a breeze(loosing weight???)
    -jogging felt light, even had a full blown convo with wife without much difficulty
    -really felt good on shadowsparring, really nailing down my footwork!!!
    -such a slow day at work. I'll miss it come may.

MOTIVTION
    I missed out on a lot these past few days! Awesome carb up bro! Finished mine strong and back at it today.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Keto Lifestyle

Originally Posted by jcpryor3 View Post
    I missed out on a lot these past few days! Awesome carb up bro! Finished mine strong and back at it today.
    awesome is a very relative term sir, but thank ya!

I figured that moti was right up your alley!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

awesome is a very relative term sir, but thank ya!

I figured that moti was right up your alley!
    lol i kinda figured. carb ups rock!

Indeed. That was perfect to finish my carb up and get back on keto

Keto Lifestyle

1/20/2013 Day 19/84

TRAINING
    -morning powerwalk 40min
    -couple rounds on the bag in the evening
    TOTAL-415cals

FOOD(CALS-%f/%p/%c) 3004-63/27/10 27g's of fiber

THOUGHTS and JOURNAL
    -morning walk was nice and paced, keeoing it low impact
    -bagwork was great, really worked on incorparting knees into the mix more
    -spent the evening at a gathering for the fam's jan birthdays, resisted some awesome cake, it was tough, but I made it

MOTIVATION
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

1/21/2013

Taking it easy today do to a touch of something making me feel sickly and just one more metabolic reset. Don't y'all get to ahead of me!!! Imma come back with discipline tomorrow!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Taking it easy today do to a touch of something making me feel sickly and just one more metabolic reset. Don't y'all get to ahead of me!!! Imma come back with discipline tomorrow!!!
    Bro get better and stay on the track, we are with you!!!

Bro get better and stay on the track, we are with you!!!
    thank ya man, might be a touch of flu or something, not sweating it(thats for tomorrow!!!).
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Yowza that's some rough stat changes, back to the bacon and grindstone!!!
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

Yowza that's some rough stat changes, back to the bacon and grindstone!!!
    Check out my Bodyspace bro, my BF is down, weight as well.

Check out my Bodyspace bro, my BF is down, weight as well.
    nice job my bro, I am just hoping mine is a flap of water, sunday will be the true tell of the tail i guess.
    Myfitnesspal Cowmustard
    Mapmyrun Cowmustard

k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Get better bro.
    My Keto Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149423413