TrainingNewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tips on increasing motivation and winning against procrastination?

Hi everybody, I am new on this forum. Well, not really new because I subscribed a few years ago and never really started to train. So here I am again and I hope this time will make me change my life for the best.

My main problem in life is procrastination and lack of motivation and energy. Do you know how I can motivate myself, prevent procrastination from happening and gaining more energy?

Thanks for your help!
    Stef

jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jolanar1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just do it. It really is that simple. You either want it or you don't.

Greatness comes from habit. Once you've been doing it for a month or two it's all easy from then on. So don't think "I have to do this forever." Instead think to yourself "I just need to do this for a few months" and then after a while it will be second nature and no longer a chore.

ZanderClause has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZanderClause has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZanderClause has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZanderClause has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZanderClause has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZanderClause has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZanderClause has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZanderClause has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZanderClause has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZanderClause has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZanderClause has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jolanar1 View Post
    Just do it. It really is that simple. You either want it or you don't.

Greatness comes from habit. Once you've been doing it for a month or two it's all easy from then on. So don't think "I have to do this forever." Instead think to yourself "I just need to do this for a few months" and then after a while it will be second nature and no longer a chore.
    pretty much sums it up. additionally try for small goals like "I am going to run 2 miles without stopping" or "I am goin to bench 135." small goals are much easier to reach and stay motivated for. once you reach that little goal, then you can reach a bit farther.

it takes that first step though. for me I usually just have to make the conscious decision to go and set a time for myself to leave for the gym.

love the iron. love the strength.
    There is a fine line between Hard and Retard

veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) veggie530 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TrainingNewbie View Post
    Hi everybody, I am new on this forum. Well, not really new because I subscribed a few years ago and never really started to train. So here I am again and I hope this time will make me change my life for the best.

My main problem in life is procrastination and lack of motivation and energy. Do you know how I can motivate myself, prevent procrastination from happening and gaining more energy?

Thanks for your help!
    Make a list of short term (2 week) mid-term (1 month) and long term (3 month) goals. List five for each, and list where you're currently at (i.e., you want to bench 185, but you're at 145). You can adjust the time periods as you see fit.

Hang a picture on a wall of what you want to look like and put your own picture next to it.

Get angry.

Get happy.

Get off your ***. That's all I got.

tehczar is just really nice. (+1000) tehczar is just really nice. (+1000) tehczar is just really nice. (+1000) tehczar is just really nice. (+1000) tehczar is just really nice. (+1000) tehczar is just really nice. (+1000) tehczar is just really nice. (+1000) tehczar is just really nice. (+1000) tehczar is just really nice. (+1000) tehczar is just really nice. (+1000) tehczar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just do it.

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yea, I was bad at procrastinating when I first started working out. That was mainly because I didn't have a set routine. As long as you set a routine and think of it like a second job, you won't put it off. Would you really prefer sitting around all day dreading working out later(some people are like that, I personally look forward to lifting) or work out early and feel good not worrying about it the rest of the day?
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

TrainingNewbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by veggie530 View Post
    Make a list of short term (2 week) mid-term (1 month) and long term (3 month) goals. List five for each, and list where you're currently at (i.e., you want to bench 185, but you're at 145). You can adjust the time periods as you see fit.

Hang a picture on a wall of what you want to look like and put your own picture next to it.

Get angry.
    Very good tip. Thanks veggie530.

Originally Posted by Misctake7 View Post
    Work out early and feel good not worrying about it the rest of the day?
    I think you got a point Misctake7. I must train early in the morning.
    Stef