Page 167 of 313 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 267 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,010 of 9361
    adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by 64509chvl View Post
    You'll be glad you did! A few/most of us have done the same thing to be on the same page as Kelei. I lowered from the beginning...on a few lifts !
    ok for everybody having questions about bench form, I have a solution, considering it has happened to me.

Ive been doing this program for 3months, with bad bench form, IE elbows 90 Degrees, not tucked against lats at 45 Degrees (ISH) grip was moderatelly wide, pinkie on ring., after 3 months I was experiencing extreme front deltoid pain every time I got on the bench, I knew it was from Shotty form, got some advice from kelei, took a week off, and lots of stretching, brought my grip it a bit (thumb legnth from end of knurling (about Shoulder width) and lowered the weight from 205x10 to 185x10. Day and night difference(no pain at all). Although you lowered your weight (something Kelei doesnt recommend) I think It is a personal decision, and it seems to help me get used to the new form and new weight. Any body with shiotty form, I HIGHLY reccomend changing it before you injure yourself such as is did. Ok Im dont blabbering now. Duces.
    Active Duty United States Marine
    OEF - 2012-2013

*COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW*

Bench-255 D-405x2 S-405

"If you're adding weight to the bar, you are making progress"

-Team Kelei for life-

cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have been running this program for 11 weeks now. 3 working weeks followed by 1 full week off. I will finish my 3rd cycle tomorrow.
    I have really enjoyed this routine as it was different than anything I have done in the past. However, I think I will take a break from it and start a different program mainly because I am kinda getting bored (I get bored very easily) and it takes so long lol (1h 45 min). I fully intend to pick this routine up again in 8-12 weeks.\

Sups: Multi, fish oil, D-3, Vit C, Magnesium, and Ostiobiflex, creatine mono.

Started this with the intention of recomping but ended up losing about 7 pounds. (still playing with my maintenance cals)

Macros: ~280 C, ~70 F, ~180 P

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Thanks again to everyone. Learned so much!!

adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamxbomb is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cobbla View Post
    I have been running this program for 11 weeks now. 3 working weeks followed by 1 full week off. I will finish my 3rd cycle tomorrow.
    I have really enjoyed this routine as it was different than anything I have done in the past. However, I think I will take a break from it and start a different program mainly because I am kinda getting bored (I get bored very easily) and it takes so long lol (1h 45 min). I fully intend to pick this routine up again in 8-12 weeks.\

Started this with the intention of recomping but ended up losing about 7 pounds. (still playing with my maintenance cals)

BEFORE:
    ]

AFTER:

Good gains, nice cat
    OEF - 2012-2013

Bench-255 D-405x2 S-405

-Team Kelei for life-

64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah I remember him saying not to drop the weight, thing is changing my form to Kelei's suggested form I could only get like 5/6 reps of 170 so I dropped to 155 & all was good...steadily came back up & now at a smooth, good form, concentrated 185 @ 9/10 reps.

64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good work cobbla...rep'd

jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50) jedema will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow. Nice work cobbla!
    I drag my happy rear out of bed at 3am and am at the gym between 3:30 and 4am before I go to work. I have no excuses and I expect none!

11/18/2013 - 360 degree Labrum repair
    1/10/2014 - Finally released to PT

cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50) cobbla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks! So much knowledge in this thread

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)

BEFORE:

AFTER:

'

holy fuark strong abs/arms/vascularity progress

mirin hard brah

I like your cat.. woodpet/10
    “The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

good solid progress - nice work.... i do have to ask though =with that good of progress in just 11 weeks why move away from this?
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    While deloading on a cut, should we remain in a deficit or would it be beneficial to eat at maintenance for a week?

And I know there's nothing I can do about it now since I'm cutting, but once I start bulking what can be done about uneven traps? My left one has some pop but i literally can't flex the right one. It's like there's nothing there. Do you think it will catch up or will I need to work on it directly?

Kelei, you're probably one of the most knowledgable people on this forum so I wanna hear your opinion on this. This guy posted his 6 month progress and he claims he's natural. Here's the link http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151505683

I don't believe its plausible but what do you think?
    Last edited by Kusie; 03-29-2013 at 05:46 PM.

mydealbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mydealbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mydealbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mydealbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mydealbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mydealbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mydealbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mydealbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mydealbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mydealbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mydealbox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Kelei - Are you also doing other work in conjunction with this routine? Basically, are you doing any core or abs work as well? I just noticed there wasn't any and simply assume people are doing additional exercises while they run the weights program.

Thanks!

RBrisson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do the leg raises target any specific part of the abs (upper or lower) or does it even mater when working the core? I just started doing the leg raises 3x per week, but by doing the other compound exercises in the program I have noticed that my upper abs have become more pronounced compared to the lower half. Will the leg raises help even this out?

klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10) klift808 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by adamxbomb View Post
    ok for everybody having questions about bench form, I have a solution, considering it has happened to me.

Ive been doing this program for 3months, with bad bench form, IE elbows 90 Degrees, not tucked against lats at 45 Degrees (ISH) grip was moderatelly wide, pinkie on ring., after 3 months I was experiencing extreme front deltoid pain every time I got on the bench, I knew it was from Shotty form, got some advice from kelei, took a week off, and lots of stretching, brought my grip it a bit (thumb legnth from end of knurling (about Shoulder width) and lowered the weight from 205x10 to 185x10. Day and night difference(no pain at all). Although you lowered your weight (something Kelei doesnt recommend) I think It is a personal decision, and it seems to help me get used to the new form and new weight. Any body with shiotty form, I HIGHLY reccomend changing it before you injure yourself such as is did. Ok Im dont blabbering now. Duces.
    Oh alright, i just thought its not a good idea to lower the weight. Actually this is the 2nd time i lowered the weight that is why im frustrated. First was because of wrong form as well. But now i hope this is the last time i lower the weight lol

chXL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chXL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chXL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chXL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chXL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chXL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chXL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chXL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chXL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chXL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chXL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Kelei, a little off topic, but what do you recommend for getting rid of acne?

Originally Posted by lrd3 View Post
    good solid progress - nice work.... i do have to ask though =with that good of progress in just 11 weeks why move away from this?
    It's just physically exhausting. I'm already crunched for time. Waking up at 5am to fit in an 1h 45m workout 6 days a week is rough. Like I said, I plan on coming back to this in the future. Just need a little break for now.

shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Kelei View Post
    Why are you performing max deadlifts? You can't lose 20% strength in a week, how many sets per week are you performing? Why are you resting a full week? I need more information before I can help you.
    I was just doing it to test for a new 1RM in deadlift. My usual routine for deadlift is 10x1. I take a week off because that's usually how long it takes before I feel fully recovered for another deadlift session.

It could be just an off day for me, I plan on doing some pulls again tomorrow or day after and gauge from there.

I am in the midst of laying out a new routine to increase frequency on my lifts where I will be performing bench (or press)/deadlift/squat every session but I'll have to regulate the intensity.

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's just physically exhausting. I'm already crunched for time. Waking up at 5am to fit in an 1h 45m workout 6 days a week is rough. Like I said, I plan on coming back to this in the future. Just need a little break for now.
    Ive been wondering how long i keep pace. Ive onely been on this 15 days lol... i'm aiming to hit my first 30 days straight through with no rest days.... good work man.....
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RBrisson View Post
    Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, but I have a question on the form for incline bench press using dumbbells. My gym only has a high incline bench stand (40 degrees probably), so I have started using dumbbells on an adjustable bench set at around 20-30 degrees. What position should the elbows be when the weights are close to your chest? 45 degrees, similar to the flat barbell bench or something different? And is there a preferred spot on the chest where the weights should be lined up with (mid pec, upper pec, should the path arc, etc)? Thanks in advance.
    Go with whatever feels most natural, a neutral grip (hands facing each other) works well. I like to keep the elbows tucked in rather than letting them flare out.

Originally Posted by Kusie View Post
    While deloading on a cut, should we remain in a deficit or would it be beneficial to eat at maintenance for a week?

And I know there's nothing I can do about it now since I'm cutting, but once I start bulking what can be done about uneven traps? My left one has some pop but i literally can't flex the right one. It's like there's nothing there. Do you think it will catch up or will I need to work on it directly?
    If you're cutting you should always eat below maintenance. Your traps should even out eventually, concentrate on not letting your dominant side do most of the work.

Kelei, you're probably one of the most knowledgable people on this forum so I wanna hear your opinion on this. This guy posted his 6 month progress and he claims he's natural. Here's the link http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151505683

I don't believe its plausible but what do you think? Clenbuterol is what I think.

Originally Posted by mydealbox View Post
    Kelei - Are you also doing other work in conjunction with this routine? Basically, are you doing any core or abs work as well? I just noticed there wasn't any and simply assume people are doing additional exercises while they run the weights program.

Thanks!
    Ab rollouts and lying leg raises for my abs.

Originally Posted by RBrisson View Post
    Do the leg raises target any specific part of the abs (upper or lower) or does it even mater when working the core? I just started doing the leg raises 3x per week, but by doing the other compound exercises in the program I have noticed that my upper abs have become more pronounced compared to the lower half. Will the leg raises help even this out?
    It's normal for your upper abs to be more pronounced, this is because the fat covering your upper abs vanishes well before the fat covering your lower abs does. Ab rollouts combined with leg raises will build an impressive set of abs.

Originally Posted by chXL View Post
    Kelei, a little off topic, but what do you recommend for getting rid of acne?
    Cod liver oil, vitamin D, vitamin A.

Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000) Kelei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Stick with this routine, just reduce your volume for a while, try 30 reps instead of 50.

shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shffl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Cod liver oil, vitamin D, vitamin A.
    Funny because this is one of the question I was gonna ask. How do you know so much Kelei

Do you have any guides towards those supplementation in terms of the ratios? Pills vs liquid form?

Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kusie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

If you're cutting you should always eat below maintenance. Your traps should even out eventually, concentrate on not letting your dominant side do most of the work.

Clenbuterol is what I think.
    Thanks, was just curious cause I've heard Jason Blaha recommend eating maintenance during a deload to act as sort of a refeed. It doesn't feel necessary for me yet so I'll hold off for now.

Hahah, yeah i assumed so. Not to mention the fact that he's 30. Great results nonetheless but why lie about it when it's so damn obvious.

Originally Posted by shffl View Post
    Funny because this is one of the question I was gonna ask. How do you know so much Kelei

Do you have any guides towards those supplementation in terms of the ratios? Pills vs liquid form?
    1 metric teaspoon (or roughly 4.5 grams in capsule form) of cod liver oil per day, 5000 iu of vitamin D per day. It'll take time (perhaps a month) before you start noticing any effects so you need to be patient.

1 metric teaspoon (or roughly 4.5 grams in capsule form) of cod liver oil per day, 5000 iu of vitamin D per day. It'll take time (perhaps a month) before you start noticing any effects so you need to be patient.
    I see. How about Vitamin A?

Originally Posted by shffl View Post
    I see. How about Vitamin A?
    There's no need to supplement with vitamin A on its own if you're already supplementing with cod liver oil.

Apparently I'm going to a party, a few of my girl friends (they're originally friends of my ex) have shown up and are threatening to cause a scene outside my place if I don't agree to go with them. Things are going to be awkward if my ex is at the party, I've got a feeling they're trying to get us back together.

I better start drinking before I arrive, I don't feel like dealing with this **** 100% sober.

Apparently I'm going to a party, a few of my girl friends (they're originally friends of my ex) have shown up and are threatening to cause a scene outside my place if I don't agree to go with them. Things are going to be awkward if my ex is at the party, I've got a feeling they're trying to get us back together.

I better start drinking before I arrive, I don't feel like dealing with this **** 100% sober.
    hahaha, oh man, women are just a waste of time, MOST OF THE TIME (yeah AD, hush), have fun man haha
    OEF - 2012-2013

Bench-255 D-405x2 S-405

-Team Kelei for life-

Ha! Sounds like a trap for sure dude, lol! Have some fun with it

jtrip007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtrip007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtrip007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtrip007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtrip007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtrip007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtrip007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtrip007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtrip007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtrip007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jtrip007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by adamxbomb View Post

Thanks for the tip I tried it out today and it felt very comfortable. Would you recommed this same style on incline bench?

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)

Haha coming from the man that showed us the study of alcohol lowering testosterone.

Have fun brah, sounds like a trap lol
    “The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

There's no need to supplement with vitamin A on its own if you're already supplementing with cod liver oil.
    Would the excessive amount of vitamin D consumption over vitamin A be a problem? One teaspoon of cod liver oil would give me 850IU vitamin A and 400IU vitamin D. Bringing up vitamin D to about 5000IU will give me 850IU vitamin A to 5000IU vitamin D. I'm asking because I recall reading about it being more ideal for vitamin A IU to be higher than vitamin D. I'm not too sure if the source is correct though so I thought I'd run it by you to see what you think. Thanks again

Oh and hope you enjoyed the party

Page 167 of 313 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 267 ... LastLast