kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Physique comp 8weeks-two a days with weights no cardio?

Ok I follow a very popular well known fitness model and his advice to grab that last bit of fat off and still stay full, was to do two a days but no cardio. M-f each body part do 40 mins circuit high high reps with one body part (say chest) then at least 6 hours later in evening go back and do same body part heavy lifts low reps another 40mins workout. Repeat this every day each day different body part. Now I'm in ecto morph and stand over 6'2" weigh in at 202lb @ around 9.5-10% bf. the reason behind this he said was because regular cardio has to feed off your muscle at some point and you burn muscle loose size fast while cutting. When feeding the muscle and lifting twice it uses the muscle and the carbs for energy never feeding off the muscle . I obviously bumped up calories to help out with extra workout only carbs are pre and post in each workout. I need to drop 4-5 % bf in next 8 weeks and coming I'n shredded is more important than holding major size in a physique / model competition. What do you think? Anybody every tries this method to break a platue and get even leaner?
    Thanks again

adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adamjohn32 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    losing body fat is all about the diet, no need train twice a day.

you say you want to get to 4-5% correct? if you're at ~10% @ 202 lbs you need to drop about 10 lbs, shouldn't be too hard in 8 weeks if you shoot for 1.5 lbs per week.
    Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143873931

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kodyt21 View Post
    the reason behind this he said was because regular cardio has to feed off your muscle at some point and you burn muscle loose size fast while cutting. When feeding the muscle and lifting twice it uses the muscle and the carbs for energy never feeding off the muscle .

I obviously bumped up calories to help out with extra workout only carbs are pre and post in each workout.
    I could have understood if he thought that the extra time spent in the gym would help you burn more calories but his reasoning leads me to believe you need to run away. Use weights to build muscle, and diet and cardio to burn fat. If you had to increase your calories to get through the workouts then what is the point.

Also the idea of working the same muscle 6 hours apart is not optimal. I could see if he suggested something like Arnold's old two a day split bodypart workout.

I would seek advice elsewhere.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kodyt21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    I could have understood if he thought that the extra time spent in the gym would help you burn more calories but his reasoning leads me to believe you need to run away. Use weights to build muscle, and diet and cardio to burn fat. If you had to increase your calories to get through the workouts then what is the point.

Also the idea of working the same muscle 6 hours apart is not optimal. I could see if he suggested something like Arnold's old two a day split bodypart workout.

I would seek advice elsewhere.
    Ok thanks for the thoughts guys. I guess last time I cut I lost so much size from cardio, got down to 5.8% done by bodpod test but lost 2 inches in my arms, 3 inch in my thighs. I did cardio 5 days a week empty stomach 30-45 mins steady state at 135bpm. Guess I'm just gun shy to do that all over again.

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Two-a-days for the same body part seems very unorthodox. Why six hours? Why not 3.5 or 7? or 8? Why light then heavy? Seems like a made-up training idea to do something different than everyone else and it's not based on anything.

Should make you think, "Hmmm... no one else seems to be doing this... perhaps there is a REASON this seems very strange?"

Only person I remember doing 2-a-days was Eddie Robinson back in the 1980s. He'd hit a body part in the morning and then go back into the gym that night and do the exact same workout. Worked for him, I guess. But I think Robinson's arms would have grown from trimming a hedge once a month too.

E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) E90335i is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mrusa85 View Post
    Two-a-days for the same body part seems very unorthodox. Why six hours? Why not 3.5 or 7? or 8? Why light then heavy? Seems like a made-up training idea to do something different than everyone else and it's not based on anything.

Should make you think, "Hmmm... no one else seems to be doing this... perhaps there is a REASON this seems very strange?"
    because everything thought in the past is accurate. Why do we have touch screen phones? I mean, no one was using them before, why have them now?
    Everyone is different in how they respond. Maybe cutting calories too much for him will not work and leave him flat. Maybe the advice given to him will work. You dont know until you try.
    The program he is talking about is high reps volume in the morning and heaving weight and lower volume in the evenings. I know the exact program he is talking about and I have seen people use this program who have gone from 9-10% body fat to 5%.
    Most people struggle with the last few percentages of bodyfat. Its worth a shot if nothing else seems to be working. I would listen to the advice of this fitness model and try it for 4 weeks. Take a picture of yourself now and then in 4 weeks to compare. Also, write down how you feel now and then. I know its hard to make a lot of strides in 4 weeks, but no one knows your body better than yourself, so you will notice and feel the difference in 4 weeks.
    "I don't say goodbye until the pain says hello. That's how you know the set is done." -Greg Plitt
    Disregard Everything, Acquire Aesthetics Crew
    Drown, Crash and Blister: A Strength Based Routine for the Endurance Athlete ( http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158832383&p=1176283603&viewfull=1#post1176283603 )

PM me if you need a Carfax

mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrusa85 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, he did ask what our opinions were on the routine...

I've only been training since 1979 and prepping guys for shows since the mid 1980s. Guess I should look to the future instead of basing opinions on past experience.