ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cardio may cause heart disease

Not sure if this article has been posted before, but does pose some interesting points. Any thoughts on it?

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...disease-part-i
    The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. - John Ruskin

*Our aspirations are our possibilities* - Samuel Johnson

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - Einstein

AmbiAmbitious is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbiAmbitious is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbiAmbitious is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbiAmbitious is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbiAmbitious is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbiAmbitious is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbiAmbitious is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbiAmbitious is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbiAmbitious is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbiAmbitious is on a distinguished road. (+10) AmbiAmbitious is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ivoryce View Post
    Not sure if this article has been posted before, but does pose some interesting points. Any thoughts on it?

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...disease-part-i
    So that means, My high intensity Martial art training, and cardio/crosslifting/powerlifting will eventually kill me?
    Not if i check my cardiologists/doctor every few weeks to assure that i'm not harming my body. ^__^

ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10) ivoryce is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by AmbiAmbitious View Post
    So that means, My high intensity Martial art training, and cardio/crosslifting/powerlifting will eventually kill me?
    Not if i check my cardiologists/doctor every few weeks to assure that i'm not harming my body. ^__^
    I think the point is long periods of strenuous cardio without periods of rest - if you are performing high-intensity, no-rest martial arts training comparable to marathon running (3-5 hours continuous) on a regular basis, then your activity might apply.
    The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. - John Ruskin

*Our aspirations are our possibilities* - Samuel Johnson

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - Einstein

hcshao has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcshao has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some studies show that the number of years an athlete participate in endurance sport have shown to have some correlation to how much heart damage there is.

Most of these studies show people that were either...under trained poorly for the event or participated for a long time. These poorly trained athletes, it's like a "no duh" thing.
    But the studies that talk about high level marathon runners, these guys typically run 90-120 miles A WEEK.

Some of the famous runners that have dropped dead, a lot of them have had some family history of heart problems.

But....You also get studies like this:

"Int J Sports Med. 2011 Aug;32(8):644-7. Epub 2011 May 26.
    Increased average longevity among the "Tour de France" cyclists.
    Sanchis-Gomar F, Olaso-Gonzalez G, Corella D, Gomez-Cabrera MC, Vina J.
    Source

Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Valencia, Spain.
    Abstract

It is widely held among the general population and even among health professionals that moderate exercise is a healthy practice but long term high intensity exercise is not. The specific amount of physical activity necessary for good health remains unclear. To date, longevity studies of elite athletes have been relatively sparse and the results are somewhat conflicting. The Tour de France is among the most gruelling sport events in the world, during which highly trained professional cyclists undertake high intensity exercise for a full 3 weeks. Consequently we set out to determine the longevity of the participants in the Tour de France, compared with that of the general population. We studied the longevity of 834 cyclists from France (n=465), Italy (n=196) and Belgium (n=173) who rode the Tour de France between the years 1930 and 1964. Dates of birth and death of the cyclists were obtained on December 31 (st) 2007. We calculated the percentage of survivors for each age and compared them with the values for the pooled general population of France, Italy and Belgium for the appropriate age cohorts. We found a very significant increase in average longevity (17%) of the cyclists when compared with the general population. The age at which 50% of the general population died was 73.5 vs. 81.5 years in Tour de France participants. Our major finding is that repeated very intense exercise prolongs life span in well trained practitioners. Our findings underpin the importance of exercising without the fear that becoming exhausted might be bad for one's health.

© Georg Thieme Verlag KG Stuttgart · New York."

Martial arts and a little HIIT - is probably ok. It'll increase the size of the heart, which is a normal thing in sports.

Rez08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damned if you do cardio, Damned if you don't lol

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rez08 View Post
    Damned if you do cardio, Damned if you don't lol
    Not really exercise is great for the heart.. that's pretty well proven. Where some of these studies confuse people is they start to look at ultra & marathoners that run to much. Trust me those people running marathons back to back or running ultra they know it's not good for them. To much of anything isn't good for you. It's really common sense.

gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the people who drop dead...

you know that a lot of the PED use is to blame for this, right? All the 20 year old bikers who were dropping dead in the early 90s because their blood was thicker than Maple syrup from too much EPO... people dieing of heart attacks due to the strain on the heart muscle in their 40s. Drugs have a lot to do with it.