Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000)

Will isolating biceps & triceps improve my dips & chinups?

I want to get my arms bigger but at the same time I want to get to 20+ (18 now) chinups & 40+ (34 now) dips. I know its stupid, but I am afraid that if I focus on isolating my arms my numbers will drop.

What should I do?

Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000) Lindoras is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

What exactly do you want?

Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000) Vermonter is just really nice. (+1000)
    The worse that could happen is you are right, and get bigger arms.

I'm not seeing any conflict of interest here, really.

You are already working the higher rep range so it's not like you could really do yourself any harm.

Having said that, the best way to improve your chinup and dip numbers is to do more chinups and dips.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #5 ()---()
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #10 -!!!---!!!-

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
    Winston Churchill

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
    Mahatma Gandhi

dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Are your biceps and triceps the limiting factors in these exercises? If so then yes. if its say your back or chest giving out first then probably not.

jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jamesmetal24 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I use a book bag for dips, you can throw a few 10's in there no sweat, it will make a huge difference.
    Also, skull crushers, get a rackable swiss bar and load up the skull crushers.
    ------Gear-----------------
    Powertec Rack and Bench
    Ironmaster Dumbbells
    7' Swiss/Football Bar, 7' Hex Bar
    -----Supplements-----------
    NOW Whey Isolate Unflavored
    Sportpharma Joint-V and Multi-V
    NO CREATINE. NO PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS.
    NO TEST BOOSTERS.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most likely...but, be aware that excessively strong arms in comparison can quickly overpower the musculature you are trying to target. Everything needs to be in balance.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10) delusive is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    definately make an Arm day.....as for chinups/pullups... can always do them on Back days.. i never noticed my chins being affected... i seem to pound them out on back days.

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It could help you...but it is not the better approach.

If you want to add more reps to your chins/dips, the better way to go is to work them more.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    I don't imagine it would cause problems as long as you prioritized the compound movements and threw in the isolation work afterwards. Aka chins > curls not curls > chins. If they're prefatigued they could reduce performance on the compound, meaning you may not hit the back as hards as you could.

Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000) Mehilove is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Lindoras View Post
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

What exactly do you want?
    Bigger arms without risking my dips and chinups

BHardie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Mehilove View Post
    I want to get my arms bigger but at the same time I want to get to 20+ (18 now) chinups & 40+ (34 now) dips. I know its stupid, but I am afraid that if I focus on isolating my arms my numbers will drop.

What should I do?
    Well, why not both? Chin-ups and Dips are fairly common compound movements, as you're using many different muscle groups throughout the exercise. The way I start out my workouts is through compound exercises such as these. For example, on triceps day, I currently start with close-grip bench press, followed by other exercises such as the dips and pin press. Those are the compound movements. Afterwards, I focus on isolation movements, such as skullcrushers, tricep extensions, French presses, tricep kickbacks, etc. My advice: begin with compound movements and end with isolations. Hope I helped a bit.

OliFs is just really nice. (+1000) OliFs is just really nice. (+1000) OliFs is just really nice. (+1000) OliFs is just really nice. (+1000) OliFs is just really nice. (+1000) OliFs is just really nice. (+1000) OliFs is just really nice. (+1000) OliFs is just really nice. (+1000) OliFs is just really nice. (+1000) OliFs is just really nice. (+1000) OliFs is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't understand at all why you can't aim for both at the same time?

Do biceps on the pull up day and tris on the dip day.
    Natural Bodybuilding - Posing, Training, Advice & more www.youtube.com/olivercherekfitness

Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50) Curlers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by OliFs View Post
    I don't understand at all why you can't aim for both at the same time?

Do biceps on the pull up day and tris on the dip day.
    THIS ^^

lol.. i cant understand how getting bigger / stronger arms could make you stall on chins and dips.. the dips would probably start to go up quite a bit, and your back wont suffer as long as you have a good mind-muscle connection. if your worried about your biceps taking over some of the back work, just switch to a neutral or overhand grip.

FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FeelTheFear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dips yes, because triceps are the primary mover in dips. Isolating triceps will directly increase dips.

Chinups, lats are the primary mover so biceps will increase it a bit but not a ton
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by FeelTheFear View Post
    Chinups, lats are the primary mover so biceps will increase it a bit but not a ton
    Then why's it always feel like bis are limiting factor for me?