Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)

legs are really bulky

i think i'm one of those people whose legs tend to bulk really easily... can anybody please recommend exercises that could lessen the bulk? here's a pic of me

Untitled-1.png*
    (I still have a long ways to go lol)

but yeah, my legs seem larger than the normal.

any tips?*

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by locolala View Post
    i think i'm one of those people whose legs tend to bulk really easily... can anybody please recommend exercises that could lessen the bulk? here's a pic of me

Attachment 3615073*

any tips?*
    I'm not trying to be rude or mean, but that isn't muscle "bulk" - that is fat covering the muscle. Very few people "bulk easily" - they just have fat overlying the muscle resulting in a bigger than desirable look. You need to address your diet and work at lowering your overall level of body fat if you want to reduce the size of your legs. However, I don't think your legs seem "larger than normal" - you look fairly well in proportion.
    September 2006 - 9km Sydney Harbour Bridge Run - 45:25
    August 2007 - 14km City to Surf - 77:00
    September 2007 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - Withdrawn due to stress fractures :(
    September 2008 - Sydney Running Festival Half Marathon - 1:59.22
    May 2009 - Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon - 1:53:22

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I agree with above poster. You can't spot reduce any part of your body with any specific exercise. You'll want to focus on overall fat loss with diet and a proven routine.

Your legs don't seem larger than normal to me either .

Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000) Nightbird573 is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's what my legs looked like before I leaned out. That's not muscle. You'd be surprised how little muscle you do have when you take away the fat. You're legs may feel hard and swollen after working out, but that's just the pump you get from the workout.

soominjung is not very well liked. (-100) soominjung is not very well liked. (-100) soominjung is not very well liked. (-100) soominjung is not very well liked. (-100) soominjung is not very well liked. (-100) soominjung is not very well liked. (-100) soominjung is not very well liked. (-100) soominjung is not very well liked. (-100) soominjung is not very well liked. (-100) soominjung is not very well liked. (-100) soominjung is not very well liked. (-100)
    stay away from fatty foods and follow a good *diet.. thereby reduce the amount of fat in ur body including the legs ..it's the good way .u need patience to get satisfactory results!

lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lovingit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by soominjung View Post
    stay away from fatty foods and follow a good *diet.. thereby reduce the amount of fat in ur body including the legs ..it's the good way .u need patience to get satisfactory results!
    ^ Disregard this advice. Dietary fat does not directly impact adiposity - total calories matter above anything else.

I agree with the other posters. That's not muscle, that is body fat, and your legs look proportionate to the rest of your body. Trim down and your legs will get smaller.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow, that's terrible advice. Fat is good for you...
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Queen of F'ing Everything JustaGirl78's Avatar
    JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your legs look in proportion to the rest of your body. They aren't bulky, just carrying fat *As you shed the fat, they will start to look better.
    http://instagram.com/justagirl_1978

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    um, no.

bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You actually look pretty proportionate to me. Consider yourself lucky for that.

locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50) locolala will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    no, not rude at all... thanks for enlightening me haha. it's confusing though because they're hard even on days when i'm not working out. i'm still not convinced though, i think my legs are too big for my body, i should have chosen a better pic. should i just do cardio for the legs and not weight train them?

Time to start building... norinicole's Avatar
    norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    no, not rude at all... thanks for enlightening me haha. it's confusing though because they're hard even on days when i'm not working out. i'm still not convinced though, i think my legs are too big for my body, i should have chosen a better pic. should i just do cardio for the legs and not weight train them?
    If you want your legs to be smaller, you need to pay attention to your diet and lower your bodyfat. If all you do is cardio and no weight training, they'll end up a smaller, but still soft and shapeless version of what they are now. Or what we call "skinny-fat". Good luck!
    Mrs. Hessunit as of May 11, 2013

nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If your legs were really all muscle with minimal body fat then you would be able to see lots of definition. Definition is not visible on your legs or other visible body parts which means that the 'bulk' you're seeing is fat on top of the muscle and not 'bulky' muscle.

hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hurricane211 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not trying to be rude either... most definetly fat, not muscle. Once you lose more fat, no worries, your legs will get smaller also. Good luck with everything and you have come a very long way. You should be proud. - Heather
    [100K 2012 Transformation Challenge Participant]

Justin_itm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin_itm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin_itm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin_itm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin_itm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin_itm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin_itm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin_itm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin_itm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin_itm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Justin_itm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I know that spot training doesn't work, but it does not hurt to work out those legs. I see many females who do great on the leg press machine. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn natural. Then once the fat is gone, you'll have nice toned legs.

Originally Posted by nicolemc View Post
    If your legs were really all muscle with minimal body fat then you would be able to see lots of definition. Definition is not visible on your legs or other visible body parts which means that the 'bulk' you're seeing is fat on top of the muscle and not 'bulky' muscle.
    no, what i meant was that i'm still not convinced that my legs are proportional to my body... i still think they're abnormally large. but yea i'll continue working them legs out, hopefully i'll get them defined by christmas...

Celiac/Addisonian goalorientgirl's Avatar
    goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000) goalorientgirl is just really nice. (+1000)
    no, what i meant was that i'm still not convinced that my legs are proportional to my body... i still think they're abnormally large. but yea i'll continue working them legs out, hopefully i'll get them defined by christmas...
    Not sure what kind of validation you're looking for here, but your legs look like they carry about the same level of bodyfat as the rest of you (which is somewhat rare, actually) so I'd say you definitely look in proportion. If you had thiner legs at this stage, it would probably look strange.
    Niece: "How can you be immune to cars? Even like, a Ferrari?"

My 'From Scrawny to Oh God Please Not So Scrawny' journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=691717541

Originally Posted by goalorientgirl View Post
    Not sure what kind of validation you're looking for here, but your legs look like they carry about the same level of bodyfat as the rest of you (which is somewhat rare, actually) so I'd say you definitely look in proportion. If you had thiner legs at this stage, it would probably look strange.
    what stage you mean?

JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JustaGirl78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    what stage you mean?
    While the rest of you is carrying as much fat as you are. Skinny legs on top of your current body would look silly

what stage you mean?
    While the rest of you is carrying as much fat as you are. Skinny legs on top of your current body would look silly

gamesmaster1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi there,

your legs look just like mine about April time when I started. I found out how many calories I needed to consume per day, took some nutritional advice from this web site and changed my diet, attended the gym 2-3 times a week, doing 20-30 mins on the treadmill and, then over the past months I started to squat with weights, leg press, do calf raises etc. I've lost loads of fat, got muscle and my once 'fat legs' are getting amazing results!
    Someone explained it to me once and it made sense - losing body fat is like draining water out of a swimming pool - the fat will come off your whole body but your 'problem areas' - my legs -is like the deep end of the pool, the fat will come off there last and you will put it on there first.
    Wrath is cruel, anger is overwhelming, but who can stand before jealousy?

Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Euqinom is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Attachment 3615073*

any tips?*
    I find, that the harder I hit legs, the better they look. Shape over everything!
    First time order at iHerb.com? I got this discount code: EKE466. Will give you 10,- off on any order over 40$, 5 on any order under..
    http://www.iherb.com?rcode=EKE466

Blog! [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165643671&p=1324304881#post1324304881[/url]

Registered User SurferGirl92037's Avatar
    SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SurferGirl92037 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with everyone who recommends weight (fat) reduction. I never thought I could get ripped abs but after I lost 30 pounds of body fat - it was there all along, hiding behind all that fat! Get a good diet and exercise plan and you'll find what's hidden beneath! Good luck!

lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000)

Attachment 3615073*

any tips?*
    Nope, those aren't bulky legs. They're normal legs.

Women seem to have this complete inability to accept the look of their legs. They're always too big, fat, bulky, etc.

I succeeded once at getting the Miley-Cyrus-thin-thigh look. What I did was break my tibia and fibula in half, undergo surgery and then not walk for six weeks. Eight pounds of atrophy later, sure enough, my thighs were thin!

deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    haha! hello!

deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) deneil has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by deneil View Post
    haha! hello!
    oops I was replying to someone up further but i still get it wrong. I will agree with learning to understand your calorie figures - my friend has done no exercise for a few weeks except for normal walking from the fridge to the tv kinda walking, she wanted to see how her calorie counting would benefit her, she lost 6 kilos just eating the right amount according to her body etc, so maybe work that out for a start

Alext96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alext96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alext96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alext96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alext96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alext96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alext96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alext96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alext96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alext96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Alext96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat less, do more cardio, BAM problem solved!

nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Alext96 View Post
    Eat less, do more cardio, BAM problem solved!
    *facepalm*

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP, if you were one of us who is actually trying hard to pack on muscle mass, you'd now how truly hard it is to gain even 0.5lb of muscle. Too many women come here and tell their fantasy stories of how they have lifted for 2 weeks and their arms are as big as a truck driver's, or they did a few squats yesterday and today their legs are as big as tree trunks. Believe me, the laws of physics work as much for you as they do for everyone else. You are not packing on muscle at some fantastic rate for the very simple reason that you can't. You can, on the other hand, gain fat a lot quicker than muscle, which is what makes your legs bulky. My legs are actually skinnier since I started to BB, and I leg press 220lbs.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zaidat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by lexinak View Post
    Nope, those aren't bulky legs. They're normal legs.

Women seem to have this complete inability to accept the look of their legs. They're always too big, fat, bulky, etc.

I succeeded once at getting the Miley-Cyrus-thin-thigh look. What I did was break my tibia and fibula in half, undergo surgery and then not walk for six weeks. Eight pounds of atrophy later, sure enough, my thighs were thin!
    Oh no you didn't, lol!