Adog95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Alcohol consumption

In one of my classes at school my professor said how alcohol will destroy the actin and myosin filaments. Being someone who drinks frequently and a lot I was very concerned. Maybe this is why I haven't been able to make serious gainz. Does anybody know more on this idea?

FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    When you say you drink frequently, how much is that? I'm not sure about what your professor said but alcohol is calorie dense and nutrient poor. So if a lot of your calories are coming from alcohol then perhaps your body is lacking in the necessary nutrients to make sufficient gains?
    - Fallen Angel -

Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169571783

Training PRs: 170/104/260
    Meet PRs: 149/93/220

Goals: 200/132/300

Earnit123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Earnit123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Earnit123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Earnit123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Earnit123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Earnit123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Earnit123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Earnit123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Earnit123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Earnit123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Earnit123 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Adog95 View Post
    In one of my classes at school my professor said how alcohol will destroy the actin and myosin filaments. Being someone who drinks frequently and a lot I was very concerned. Maybe this is why I haven't been able to make serious gainz. Does anybody know more on this idea?
    Just stop drinking SIMPLE really.

nakedmancow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nakedmancow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nakedmancow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nakedmancow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nakedmancow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nakedmancow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nakedmancow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nakedmancow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nakedmancow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nakedmancow is on a distinguished road. (+10) nakedmancow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well with any drug, the adverse effects depend on how much you take. I'm not familiar on this effect your professor discusses but it may be in very high doses only.

That being said, alcohol can be fit into your diet at moderate amounts.
    2017 Pharm D Candidate

Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Auxe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Earnit123 View Post
    Just stop drinking SIMPLE really.
    Yeah... this is about the only way to make serious progress. I drink 2-3 times a month - but "Drink" as in 3~ beers at a time. Living a college life of 10~ beers a day half of the week will destroy any hopes of gains.
    "Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night all day!"
    **Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ -$pring ©utters ©rew- CS:GO Crew

hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) hanger1989 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Drinking will slow down your gains, but it won't stop you making gains. A few years back I used to get pretty drunk atleast once a week, and by drunk I mean 10-15 alcoholic drinks, and I still made progress in the gym. I probably would have got better results if I didn't drink, but you can't allow bodybuilding to completely control your life. Even now I still get hammered from time to time if I'm at a party or something, I'm not going to let bodybuilding get in the way of enjoying life. Especially when I only bodybuild as a hobby.

Unless you are a pro or have aspirations to be a pro then I think it's pretty sad if your sitting in on a Friday and Saturday night whilst all your friends are out partying, just for the sake of optimising muscle growth.

One thing you can do which will help reduce the effects of the alcohol on your gains, is drink a lot of water and have some creatine before you go to sleep. This will help to rehydrate your muscles.

Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fitness should add to your quality of life not detract from it. If you enjoy going out with friends and drinking socially then telling you to stop would be the worst advice ever. Its easy to drink socially in moderation and still make gains. You just gotta pre plan. If you know your gonna consume 1500 cals of alcohol on a saturday night then you have to plan for it by taking in less cals in the day leading up.

If i know im going out ill just do 500 calories of cardio Saturday and Sunday and just eat a little less. Of course i wouldnt do this every week but i do at least once a month.