bryanrp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

BP's 1st Time Keto - CKD Log

Alright...This is my first time trying out the Keto diet, but after researching it on here and reading all the threads, it has intrigued me and I'm going to give it a shot.

A little background on myself:
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 183.0
    BF: approx 18%

My overall plan is to get my body fat % down to 10% or less, then bulk back up to around 175-180 pounds (if need-be) and try to maintain that weight at around 10% body fat, or less. The first goal is to get to 10% though, then go from there.

I'm going to start the diet tomorrow, but it will consist of pretty much eating the same thing everyday (boring I know, but easy for me to follow and I normally don't get tired of eating the same things over and over, so it's all good).

A preview of my diet:
    Meal A: 4 Hard Boiled Eggs
    Meal B: 4 oz Chicken Breast, 1 cup Spinach, 1 slice Cheese, 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil
    Meal C: same as Meal B (or combined with Meal B to make one larger meal)
    Meal D: 4 oz Ground Beef or Fish, 1 cup Spinach, 1 slice Cheese, 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil
    Meal E: same as Meal D (or combined with Meal D to make one larger meal)
    Meal F: Protein Shake (taken either PWO or before bed on non-workout days)

The totals for the above meals are:
    Calories: 2259
    Protein: 189 grams
    Fat: 155 grams
    Carbs: 16 grams

I will be consuming Orange Triad on a daily basis and may also take a fiber supplement to ensure I meet my daily needs.

On workout days I'll be taking No-Xplode or another variation (after the tub is finished) pre-workout to give me that extra boost/focus, so that will add another 5-6 grams of Carbs to the diet (at least No-Xplode will).

I'm not sure if I should be taking any other supplements (ZMA, KetoCuts, etc), so if anyone has any recommendations, feel free to list them.

As far as my workout goes, I will be following Rippetoe's SS since I've been doing that already and it's very easy for me to complete at my home "gym" since I don't have any machines. The weight lifting will be Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I will be doing the Couch to 5k for my cardio on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I will use Saturdays as my rest/lazy day since that will be the main day for the carb-ups. I will also not being doing a carb-up weekend until after 2 weeks. I don't have any of those keytone test strips yet, but will probably pick some up in the next day or two so I can monitor when I'm in ketosis.

I'll check back in tomorrow after I complete my first day on the diet. Like I said earlier, if anyone has any inputs, suggestions, etc, please do not hesitate to voice your opinions. I want to make sure I correct/improve anything that looks bad/wrong.

-BP
    Last edited by bryanrp; 01-24-2011 at 05:23 PM.

vstrok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think you're gonna want to reverse the protein/fat intake...

Day 1:
    First day went well. I ate exactly what I listed above and did a 30 minute cardio workout. I combined Meal B and Meal C into one bigger meal that I ate during my lunch break at work. I'll probably do the same thing for tomorrow since it can get pretty busy during work at times.

I had lots of energy today, although I did get a little hungry at times. Tomorrow will be a weight lifting day, then it's back to cardio again on Thursday.

I'll probably wait every 5-7 days or so to weigh myself and check my body fat %.
    01/25/2011: 183lbs, 18% bf

Originally Posted by vstrok View Post
    i think you're gonna want to reverse the protein/fat intake...
    Hmmm...My diet already consists of 62% fat according to FitDay, and aren't we supposed to try and aim for about 1g of Protein per pound of body weight?
    01/25/2011: 183lbs, 18% bf

dodgeman967 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgeman967 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgeman967 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgeman967 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgeman967 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgeman967 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgeman967 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgeman967 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgeman967 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgeman967 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dodgeman967 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Adding a little more fat to make the gram amounts the same will help out. Example using your protein grams of 189, also eat 189grams of fat. Will help you with energy levels as well as make you less hungry. Just my .02
    12/31/12 - 293lbs
    01/25/13 - 276lbs
    02/11/13 - 266lbs

philliplin is on a distinguished road. (+10) philliplin is on a distinguished road. (+10) philliplin is on a distinguished road. (+10) philliplin is on a distinguished road. (+10) philliplin is on a distinguished road. (+10) philliplin is on a distinguished road. (+10) philliplin is on a distinguished road. (+10) philliplin is on a distinguished road. (+10) philliplin is on a distinguished road. (+10) philliplin is on a distinguished road. (+10) philliplin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    remember LISS cardio is good for low carb. I did HIIT and i lost weight but not fat