Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    tjt011 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, that is an excellent setup, definitely something you should be proud of!

Do you have a loft upstairs so that you can sleep there too?

Hey just a tip to share with you to help you get in some customers and keep them. Set up a customer loyalty program through ******** deals. You can do any type of coupon you want, but we set up "10 check-ins and you get the 11th session Free" with our studios. Its amazing what social media is doing for some of the studios we are working with. Every time someone checks in all of their friends see that they are working out at your studio!

Let me know if you want some more info on it. Highly recommended.

Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Beautiful set up bro. Exactly how I want mine to look when I try it out. Your going the same route im going to go and thats to go after the high end clients. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

hoop762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoop762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoop762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoop762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoop762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoop762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoop762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoop762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoop762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoop762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hoop762 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the place look amazing. best of luck!!! I know we all wish you nothing but huge success!

evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) evgeney is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    how is business going?

BloodRush00 is a name known to all. (+5000) BloodRush00 is a name known to all. (+5000) BloodRush00 is a name known to all. (+5000) BloodRush00 is a name known to all. (+5000) BloodRush00 is a name known to all. (+5000) BloodRush00 is a name known to all. (+5000) BloodRush00 is a name known to all. (+5000) BloodRush00 is a name known to all. (+5000) BloodRush00 is a name known to all. (+5000) BloodRush00 is a name known to all. (+5000) BloodRush00 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Can I work for you lol?

Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by evgeney View Post
    how is business going?
    Real good so far, actually surprised that we got a good amount of new clients in December. Hopefully January will be 100X better

Originally Posted by tjt011 View Post
    Wow, that is an excellent setup, definitely something you should be proud of!

Do you have a loft upstairs so that you can sleep there too?

Hey just a tip to share with you to help you get in some customers and keep them. Set up a customer loyalty program through ******** deals. You can do any type of coupon you want, but we set up "10 check-ins and you get the 11th session Free" with our studios. Its amazing what social media is doing for some of the studios we are working with. Every time someone checks in all of their friends see that they are working out at your studio!

Let me know if you want some more info on it. Highly recommended.
    I would love to know how to set that up!

md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000)
    So I take it after opening business is profitable? The question I posed earlier was if you "bet it all on red". In other words, from what I understand you wrote out a solid business plan and got the backing while banking on the risk assessment of the loan company that you would succeed, without having the starting client base as "proof" of this. Am I correct or is there more to it? Was this more or less of a "f*ck it, let's try it" scenario?

raleighwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would love to see your business plan, projected costs and needed revenue to keep this thing afloat.

With commercial gyms, that have similar outfitting of expensive machines and top of the line gear, it is absolutely mandatory that you have members who don't attend the gym. These people are pretty much doing a monthly bank withdraw and not using the facilities. That is the only way to keep things up and running and profitable.

How many trainers are training clients out of there? How many clients a day do you need to train to pay your monthly rent and lease payments? How much operating capital do you have to cover the slow months?

Your set up is sick nasty (in a good way), but I can't fathom how many hours a week and sweat equity you need to put in to keep this thing operating.

I'd much rather put together a basic facility with functional equipment that you could outfit for under $10,000... Squat racks, benches, barbells, bumpers, DBs/KBs, sleds, tires, platforms, sandbags, rings.

Looks beautiful though, hope it is profitable for you!
    NSCA-CPT

"Sweat in training, so you don't bleed in battle."

chadmackey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    WOW!! Im in school now to become a trainer and its just amazing to see someone doing exactly what i would like to do! Good luck man! I think someone mentioned it, but what are you gonna do for open space? It looks like the machines take up all your space. Or is there more room then it looks like?

Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50) Been2HellnBack will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by raleighwood View Post
    I would love to see your business plan, projected costs and needed revenue to keep this thing afloat.

With commercial gyms, that have similar outfitting of expensive machines and top of the line gear, it is absolutely mandatory that you have members who don't attend the gym. These people are pretty much doing a monthly bank withdraw and not using the facilities. That is the only way to keep things up and running and profitable.

How many trainers are training clients out of there? How many clients a day do you need to train to pay your monthly rent and lease payments? How much operating capital do you have to cover the slow months?

Your set up is sick nasty (in a good way), but I can't fathom how many hours a week and sweat equity you need to put in to keep this thing operating.

I'd much rather put together a basic facility with functional equipment that you could outfit for under $10,000... Squat racks, benches, barbells, bumpers, DBs/KBs, sleds, tires, platforms, sandbags, rings.

Iam sure hesgoing after the higher end clients who don't mind shelling out big money for good training in a good facility. Most likely $150 a hour+.

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by chadmackey View Post
    WOW!! Im in school now to become a trainer and its just amazing to see someone doing exactly what i would like to do! Good luck man! I think someone mentioned it, but what are you gonna do for open space? It looks like the machines take up all your space. Or is there more room then it looks like?
    What would he need open space for? I don't think he'll be using it for group sessions or anything like that. It's a private PT studio.
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000) Own3r is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by raleighwood View Post

Roughly It costs me 10k a month run the whole place, that includes everything, pay, appliances, maintenance, loans, gas for car.

Originally Posted by chadmackey View Post
    No need for much open space as its 1 0n 1

gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Own3r View Post
    No need for much open space as its 1 0n 1
    You should hop on that semi-private bandwagon
    Owner of Rapid Transformation Training LLC
    Transform your Mind, Body and Life

www.rapidtransformationtraining.com

jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Simmo0508 View Post
    What would he need open space for? I don't think he'll be using it for group sessions or anything like that. It's a private PT studio.
    Private PT studios do group sessions too. Group sessions are a good way to make money and OP woud be smart to include group training in his business. I notice a lot of guys in this thread are quick to defend any objection to OP's gym/studio design. It's good criticism that can help OP make his gym more profitable. I still think the studio is great looking and a good achievement but I don't believe his equipment choice is the best he could have come up with.

DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This doesnt look profitable to me.. You will need aprox 33 clients at 75 an hour each week to get that 10 grand a month to run your buisness.. good luck!
    Also I wasnt including service tax etc( i dont know canadian tax )
    www.danielcottle.com

md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000) md3sign is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jphalflion View Post
    Private PT studios do group sessions too. Group sessions are a good way to make money and OP woud be smart to include group training in his business. I notice a lot of guys in this thread are quick to defend any objection to OP's gym/studio design. It's good criticism that can help OP make his gym more profitable. I still think the studio is great looking and a good achievement but I don't believe his equipment choice is the best he could have come up with.
    I agree, group fitness is just too good to pass up. It doesn't have to be one or the other, unless you really have a thing against working with more than 1 person at a time.

Originally Posted by DanCottle View Post
    This doesnt look profitable to me.. You will need aprox 33 clients at 75 an hour each week to get that 10 grand a month to run your buisness.. good luck!
    Also I wasnt including service tax etc( i dont know canadian tax )
    This is what I'm thinking as well, which is why I posted this earlier (with no response):

So I take it after opening business is profitable? The question I posed earlier was if you "bet it all on red". In other words, from what I understand you wrote out a solid business plan and got the backing while banking on the risk assessment of the loan company that you would succeed, without having the starting client base as "proof" of this. Am I correct or is there more to it? Was this more or less of a "f*ck it, let's try it" scenario?
    The studio and all that looks sweet, but how are you making this work exactly? If you need to make 10k/month just to break even, doing just 1-on-1s, AND have multiple trainers, and would actually like to make some money off this ... that seems like a very tall order to me. I'm not calling shenanigans, but I am skeptical. What am I missing?

Unless you're charging $200/hr or none of you sleep.

Total 3 trainers, including myself and my partner. 10k include everything and to have a break even for 2 years, after that there are no more loans so profit will come in better.

I need to make 3-4 new sign ups or renewals per weak which hasn't been so hard yet.

PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PerFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Total 3 trainers, including myself and my partner. 10k include everything and to have a break even for 2 years, after that there are no more loans so profit will come in better.

I need to make 3-4 new sign ups or renewals per weak which hasn't been so hard yet.
    How many different streams of income does the business have?

I think its pretty simple guys. He has HIGH END clients who pay most likely 100+ a hour.

DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Been2HellnBack View Post
    I think its pretty simple guys. He has HIGH END clients who pay most likely 100+ a hour.
    Its pretty simple if you read his post about charging 75 an hour for training and upwards for other services.
    www.danielcottle.com

Are you suggesting that you + 2 trainers only care about breaking even for the next 2 years? I assume you have another job in that case to actually make money to live off. I, like many others, are wondering how this is actually working out.

Even if you had nothing but $100 sessions (sure you may have high end clients, but I really doubt they're ALL paying $100 per), without any freebies, or anything of the sort, you're looking at 100 hours every month just to break even.

That's certainly doable IF you just want to break even and IF you ONLY have $100 clients. Notice the big IFs though. Keep this going!

what IF his company has more sources of income then just training?

We all really don't know how hes making the money unless he shows us his finanical statement sheets from his business plan that he presented to the bank.

RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congrats dude, I justed open my own temp studio with my partner last week! We our in the process of writing the business plan and planning to relocate or open up more studios in a couple months! Yes it possible and I'm 23. Very inspiring post it got me so stoked! I'm going to promote more on ********. New years is coming, so we gotta use the gift the fitness industry gave us: Start your New Years Resolution with us mode lol. I love it.

Here is a picture of our private Pt fitness studio pretty small but decent. We do one on one and group training(4 max).

"Difficult..but not impossible"
    "Eat to live, Don't Live to Eat"

NASM's Personal Trainer

www.elizabethbootcamp.com

RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10) RealXtrav is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can't believe thats 2,000 sqft looks like way bigger than that.

NASM's Personal Trainer

Originally Posted by RealXtrav View Post
    Congrats dude, I justed open my own temp studio with my partner last week! We our in the process of writing the business plan and planning to relocate or open up more studios in a couple months! Yes it possible and I'm 23. Very inspiring post it got me so stoked! I'm going to promote more on ********. New years is coming, so we gotta use the gift the fitness industry gave us: Start your New Years Resolution with us mode lol. I love it.

Here is a picture of our private Pt fitness studio pretty small but decent. We do one on one and group training(4 max).

Looks like a great set up to bro!

Man this is so inspiring to me. It keeps me motivated for me to open mine. I have the business plan 80% done. Its about 46 pages right now. So much work into it. Did you find it hard when you first opened up to get clients in?

Man this is so inspiring to me. It keeps me motivated for me to open mine. I have the business plan 80% done. Its about 46 pages right now. So much work into it. Did you find it hard when you first opened up to get clients in?
    You don't need a business plan to open a small setup studio like mines just good connects lol. Me and my partner had clients prior to opening up. He used his mom's open space studio in her house and even had Zumba class in there! I use to work at a franchise gym, CLub Metro. Making only 35% commis I sold 3 big packages of $1,800 and couple of $480-$800 packages in lower middle class area in the city of Elizabeth. I always did my own math so when I saw the numbers crunching in, I was literally getting raped. Even my clients were pissed off at that when I told them! If they already pay $30 a month to use the facility, why pay the owners 65%?? So when I told them I was not doing PT at the franchise, majority of them followed me. My loyal clients bring me referrals but I don't soley use that.
    Marketing and location is plus and knowing the demographics of the area. All in all
    Retention is key. What's better to make $400 from a client or $2,400 in 6 months from a client?
    We opened on Thanksgiving, by wednesday already made a $1,000 off 5 clients alone. When you own your **** you get your payments in advance! So no more "I only get paid when I train bull****" -__________-

NASM's Personal Trainer

If you have good credit, some assets, and you put down 10%-20% of your proposed budget...then you should be in good hands. The fitness industry is excellent so said the Gov, so they will easily consider it low risk especially if you don't have competition. My best bet if your starting with no clients.

Place it in high traffic area(walking) and have a Super Marketing Campaign. Build connections with restaurants biz(healthy menus), clothing stores, clubs, etc.!

NASM's Personal Trainer

Thanks for the tips and advice bro!

I have all of that stuff in my marketing part of the plan!!

My partner and I are the only 2 full time trainers. Our cheapest sessions are at 85$ an hour + tax. We also have supplement sales. Also do not count the cash transactions. So far I am getting paid enough to live comfortably, not balling but comfortable as we pay of our debts it will be better, especially since we are already working on opening 2 more "copy" studios in 12 months.

jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jphalflion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My partner and I are the only 2 full time trainers. Our cheapest sessions are at 85$ an hour + tax. We also have supplement sales. Also do not count the cash transactions. So far I am getting paid enough to live comfortably, not balling but comfortable as we pay of our debts it will be better, especially since we are already working on opening 2 more "copy" studios in 12 months.
    You plan on opening 2 more studios like this one in 12 months? How? Didn't this one cost you 250k to open up?