Page 11 of 330 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    green(bean)machine brandibopeep's Avatar
    brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    What a world! I mean, I could see them shrinking as I diet, but shrinking as I gain weight!? Pfft! Guess I'll have to buy some new ones one of these days
    Hmmm...yeah that does suck. I'm not shrinking(not much more to shrink) but def not filling back out. I wonder about what FBM said...if you are leaning out with a pump? How else could you explain it....hmmm.

Originally Posted by leigh92 View Post
    Well I suddenly gained 2 lbs just before I raised my calories lol...it may be from the creatine since I gained it all at once but who knows

Also my waist has gotten smaller and my hips have gotten bigger (everything else stayed the same)...weird. Waist is 22 inches now and hips are 33.5 inches
    22 inches? WOW. Just to give me a visual of how small that is I just measured my 2 year old daughter's waist...20.5"....now go eat! All this coming from me, a thick-waisted woman that has always wanted more of a difference between her hip/waist measurement....one of the reasons I really wanna build up my ass/shoulders...to make more of that X shape.

Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    lol! No, it's in perfect condition, with wires and padding so the cups don't go out of shape and the straps are like new, and as small as they can go. It was in the closet and I was going to wear it but it wouldn't fit me anymore! I hadn't worn it in about a month but even at 116-118lbs it fit perfect! I couldn't believe it myself.

I only have 4 or 5 bras, and the others I have are getting looser...and I admit I am looking smaller in the chest....When I flex my chest now you can see a definite seperation line between the two- my pecs are becoming more defined....but I thought that that would make them look better, not make them smaller.....Grrr..Anyways, I'll just have to buy more
    Yeah...just go shopping
    In my pursuit of achieving a leaner body I've realized I was better off before calorie counting...my life was more balanced and my lifting was more enjoyable so back to living,loving & lifting I am! No more weighing...myself or my food ;)

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by leigh92 View Post
    Well I suddenly gained 2 lbs just before I raised my calories lol...it may be from the creatine since I gained it all at once but who knows

Also my waist has gotten smaller and my hips have gotten bigger (everything else stayed the same)...weird. Waist is 22 inches now and hips are 33.5 inches
    Before I had my kid and weighed 109 my waist was about 23". Getting better abs and building my lower back means 24" would now be a low number for me. Even after gaining 6 pounds on this bulk my waist is between 24 1/4 and 24 1/2. Hips are around 34.5".

If your waist is getting smaller then up the cals. Hips and legs will see a pump and hide fat loss for awhile.

julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well yesterday i went shopping and bought new jeans i wasnt going to hated spending money on something that come summer i wont wear but they rock...today had to get a new winter coat got a med. put a small on it fit great in the waist my arms however had the circulation cut off i couldnt get it off fast enough...lately everyone keeps telling me i look better now (as of today up 20)...i dont know about looking better lol im my worst critic but i do feel better and stronger hope everyone has a great weekend

chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelly88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I really have very little variety left in my wardrobe... one pair of black dress pants, maybe 2 hoodies, old worn out cami's, tights and sweats haha I DESPERATELY need to do some shopping but am really hesitant... I don't want to waste money if I'm going to outgrow them and I think I'm totally avoiding it because I have no idea what size I am now and don't want to be bothered with trying on jeans. I like them to be pretty fitted... my tights just aren't warm enough and it's getting cooooooold here now
    "The more you tell me I can't do something the more successful I will be at making you look like a fool" - C. Cutting

"There will always be reasons not to do something... will there ever be enough to do it?" C. Cutting

"Waiting for motivation to come to you may work sometimes but the most successful people always go looking for it when it is lacking" C. Cutting

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I bought new jeans too. Old ones are a year old and had gotten too tight. Yay! I seriously doubt I'll outgrow the new ones until this time next year. At least that's been the way things have gone in the past.

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Speaking of clothes, even though I bought new stretchy pants weeks ago, I still haven't outgrown my old jeans yet. Ah, wishful shopping doesn't seem to work either way, does it?

And interesting observation I made is that I think I am gaining muscle and fat at a relatively even rate so far. I don't look much different (other than bloat once in a while, but that is ignorable), and I have been playing with my BF scale. Yeah, I know it's not accurate, but I have found that over time it's pretty consistent with me as long as I'm at the same water% (it's a Tanita that measures "BF%" with water%, they have a sort of inverse relationship). So, before my bulk, in the morning when I weighed the least and my water% was around 52%, my BF would be right around 24%, while in the afternoon when I weighed more and was more hydrated around 56%, I would have a BF% of 18-19%. My morning BF% that I check for fun has pretty much stayed the same in the 24% area, and I checked my evening one yesterday at 56% water and was at 19% BF (again, I take the actual readings with a grain of salt, but it seems consistent with myself).

So, despite gaining about 6 pounds so far, my BF% doesn't really seem to have changed much, so that leads me to believe (perhaps wrongly, but it makes me happy to think so!) that I really am gaining some muscle along the way.

Ksorra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ksorra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ksorra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ksorra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ksorra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ksorra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ksorra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ksorra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ksorra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ksorra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ksorra has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey all, it sounds like everyone's doing great! I'm doing SO much better the last couple of days. I got my RMR tested at my university, and it turns out I burn 1560kcals a day doing nothing, which I had already calculated but actually seeing it on a screen made it more real somehow. I've been eating so much less than that for MONTHS, I feel soooo stupid for not realizing the mistakes I was making. But I'm learning from my mistakes. Anyway, my maintenence goals are 2300 for workout days and 1800 for rest days, so I'm shooting for a little above those. I ate a full 2100 kcals today

AND I'm psyched! I just got my gowearfit! er, bodymedia. whatever it's called now. I just plugged it in, I'm so excited to use it tomorrow!

squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squeaks77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Not sure what I think tonight. I've been eating pretty much what I want, trying to make sure there's lots of protein, but not tracking. I've been eating this way since early September. I really haven't been gaining any weight until this week. All of a sudden, I'm up 4 lbs. I fluctuate a lot normally, but I was up a bit a week ago and each day has been a little higher than the last. I don't think I'm eating that much more than I have been. I'm guessing it's water. It's not the right time of the month for bloat, so I'm going to try going lower carb over the weekend and see what things look like on Monday. My pants are certainly tighter lately, but really, measurements only have my waist up about an 1/2-3/4". Not really looking for answers, just complaining. LOL. It was much easier when I was tracking, but I have my mind made up not to do it anymore.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

My bodybuilding journal:
    Squeaks' Journey to a hotter bod and other life stuff - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135424291

ProMera Sports SUMMER LOG PROMO: Con-Cret - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146257573 (complete)

ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by shmalex4 View Post
    Thanks for your support! I hope I can offer it right back, and thank you for starting this thread, it has helped me a lot. I'm hoping my stomach "fills out" so my ribs aren't visible anymore. And rest assured, I LOVE sarcasm and a dry sense of humor any time of the day
    Hey, I know I'm late to the thread, but I am a recovered anorexic (b/p subtype) so I just wanted to send some support your way. I'm also trying to bulk up and just eating food before the afternoon is a huge struggle for me- it doesn't help that it's summer where I live either :\
    Anyway, hope your headspace is good, keep strong
    Em

ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozgirl is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

Hello,
    I've just been reading through this post and having a bit of a chuckle at everyone's experiences. I am aiming to compete next October and my coach is basically just trying to get me eating consistently at the moment- she said not to worry about *what* I'm eating, just that I *am* eating.
    It's been a struggle for several reasons- like many women in training I am recovering from an ED and it's also summertime here which makes bulking up a bit of a mindfck, especially as I live 10 minutes from the beach :\
    I'm currently 59kg and want to get back down to my usual 55kg weight but with less body fat and more lean muscle mass.
    To be honest I don't get how eating heaps will aid me in gaining anything but fat, but I'm still slogging away with the WPI shakes, lean protein and complex carbs etc etc. I don't really do full on "cheat days" as I just don't really enjoy junk food, however I do like rice cakes, dark chocolate and frozen yogurts and I'm pretty sure they count
    Anyway, hello from Australia, I hope to learn lots from you all and offer what support I can,
    Em

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ksorra View Post

AND I'm psyched! I just got my gowearfit! er, bodymedia. whatever it's called now. I just plugged it in, I'm so excited to use it tomorrow!
    AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm sooo excited for you! I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail! It's killing me! I'm actually going to go get ready now and go check see if it's there It's like waiting for Christmas!
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hi ladies! My finger is finally healing (although I don't have a full ROM on it yet) but I did my first real free weight workout today for the first time in a month! Very exciting. I have a business trip next week so I'll have to make do with their gym, but after that I think I'll be back on the bulking program. Can't wait.

I soooo want a gowearfit! Jealous! Maybe I'll add it to my Christmas list.

brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dawned on me earlier that today is 12 wks I've been bulking.....probably my half-way point. Up 4 lbs(not counting the 3ish I "gained" when I upped cals to maintenance.) Gosh I hope some of that 4lbs is muscle. I mean I know *some* is...I just hope when I shed this fluff I see a difference. And dammit I am scared to think of when I have to eat at a deficit....not looking foward to that at.all.
    In my pursuit of achieving a leaner body I've realized I was better off before calorie counting...my life was more balanced and my lifting was more enjoyable so back to living,loving & lifting I am! No more weighing...myself or my food ;)

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by brandibopeep View Post
    Dawned on me earlier that today is 12 wks I've been bulking.....probably my half-way point. Up 4 lbs(not counting the 3ish I "gained" when I upped cals to maintenance.) Gosh I hope some of that 4lbs is muscle. I mean I know *some* is...I just hope when I shed this fluff I see a difference. And dammit I am scared to think of when I have to eat at a deficit....not looking foward to that at.all.
    Thats' really funny- This is week 14 for me, and I gained ~3lbs going to maintenance, and since then have gained ~4.4lbs Pretty similar We must be doing something right!
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    im hungover...lol had a great time only wish my house was not so loud today is suppose to be yoga but thats not going to happen oh i did get a new bra whoo-hoooo thats something exciting right

shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shmalex4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ozgirl View Post
    Hey, I know I'm late to the thread, but I am a recovered anorexic (b/p subtype) so I just wanted to send some support your way. I'm also trying to bulk up and just eating food before the afternoon is a huge struggle for me- it doesn't help that it's summer where I live either :\
    Anyway, hope your headspace is good, keep strong
    Em
    thanks for the support I really appreciate it At the moment I'm doing really good. Loving chipotle (but I always have) and lifting. Can't really tell if I'm gaining muscle or what percent it but I dont really care right now because I have some to gain anyways. Whenever I have ED thoughts I just think of everything I have missed out on because of it (friends, pole vault, senior year, etc.). Stay strong, you got it~!!

CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How did I miss this thread?!

Can I qualify with bulk #2?
    The Journal: Epiphanies, DOMS & Cottage Cheese
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110296001

Things that a fashion-trained PT does:
    http://charli-cohen.com

Originally Posted by CharliC View Post
    How did I miss this thread?!

Can I qualify with bulk #2?
    They haven't kicked me out yet

CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CharliC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Excellent

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    ...yet. tick, tock! J/K

Okay, you ladies that AREN'T first-timers(and you know who you are: FBM, CharlieC, FitLover....anymore?) I'd like to ask a few questions that might help enlighten us newbies.

Tell us 'bout your first bulk experience...how long? how many lbs gained? more/equal/less muscle than fat gained? What you'd do differently. How the post-bulk cut was...etc.etc.

Also. I have come across threads in the past where girls make mention of having tried a bulk but that it was a bad experience but it's like it was so bad they won't speak of it. What do you suspect they are talking(or better yet-not talking) about?

And any other tips or advice worth mentioning you'd like to add please

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I hate having to buy new clothes! Some of my old clothes don't fit me (bought them when I weighed 110) and now that I'm in the upper 120's, I had to buy new stuff...I'm just worried about cutting down again, it could get expensive
    ^_^

...yet. tick, tock! J/K

Okay, you ladies that AREN'T first-timers(and you know who you are: FBM, CharlieC, FitLover....anymore?) I'd like to ask a few questions that might help enlighten us newbies.

Tell us 'bout your first bulk experience...how long? how many lbs gained? more/equal/less muscle than fat gained? What you'd do differently. How the post-bulk cut was...etc.etc.

Also. I have come across threads in the past where girls make mention of having tried a bulk but that it was a bad experience but it's like it was so bad they won't speak of it. What do you suspect they are talking(or better yet-not talking) about?

And any other tips or advice worth mentioning you'd like to add please
    My first bulk was when I started. Food allergies had me under eating plus I was hypo. So my first bulk was really getting to maintenance and just above, maybe 50 cals. I gained about 5 pounds and some nice muscle. More importantly I got my metabolism going again. It lasted about 5 months.

I then leaned out a bit and then did a recomp over the summer. Last fall I started my second bulk. I held those cals to about 100 over maintenance. I probably gained the same amount, 5 pounds, but my bulk was derailed by various injuries. One persistent.

This go around I am going for broke! I'm eating about 350 over maintenance Mon-Fri and around maintenance + on the weekend. I'm up 6 pounds in 2 months. I'm using everything I've learned about my body to avoid and work around injury. So far it is the best bulk ever. Ok newbie gains weren't too shabby I can't prove it but I swear being on the other side of menopause is helping me. I felt from the beginning that my late peri-meno state was holding me back. I'm gaining less fat this time even though I'm eating much more. I plan on bulking through March. That'll be 7 months.

I think each time you go through this it is different. Leaning out becomes easier. Seeing just how little muscle you actually gained after leaning out is a real eye opener. People who have bad bulks simply ate too much and/or didn't bust their ass in the gym.

Personally I love having to buy larger size pants after bulking for a couple of months. It's not something I'd really want to do towards the end, but heck, those pants would come in handle the following year and the next bulk

My first bulk was 18 months. I gained about 20lbs, but only one dress size and 1" in my waist, so I'd say the muscle:fat ratio was pretty reasonable.

I think bad experiences often stem from eating too many calories over maintenance and gaining much more fat than intended. Whilst it's definitely important to eat enough, there's still only so much muscle you can physically gain. A lot of people (though mainly guys) tend to believe that more food always = more muscle.

The other reason that I can see it being a bad experience is because intentional weight gain really goes against the grain for most females. It's scary for them, and every little bit of water weight gained from a calorie increase is misinterperated as fat. Basically, a lot of girls don't give it a chance, because they're just not comfortable with it.

Having had an ED, weight gain was a pretty nerve-wracking concept for me. I found the best way to get through it was to focus on strength gains and set strength goals rather than physique goals. I didn't weigh myself at all- I just took tape measurements every month or so and progress pics every 4-6 months. The biggest tip I can give you is don't sell yourself short- go for six months of bulking as an absolute minimum. It's so exciting to cut down afterwards and see the gains you've made!

Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by squeaks77 View Post
    I tried to do my first bulk last fall, but failed. I have a new approach this year. I am no longer tracking calories. I think that's where my mind-fuk came from...seeing the calories. I am eating mostly healthy foods, but eating what I want. I feel fat. My jeans don't fit. I'm short with no waist, so a few lbs bumps me up in pants size. I always feel like all the weight gain is in my stomach. I understand the mechanics now and know what I have to do and the only way for me to do it is to not think about it too much. No over-analyzing this time!
    Squeaks, I am right there with you. From everything i've read, it seems I have an apple shaped body. After losing 40lbs, I whatever muscle/fat I had on my arms and legs, and my stomach was the last to go. Now that I've gained 13lb, the first thing to go was my abs. It's really a mental thing, to not let the weightgain get to you. I'm so use to wanting to see the scale go down. Even though i'm trying to gain muscle now, i feel fat when the scale goes up! lol, you just have to tell yourself, it's a bulking phase, not permanent. I just tell myself to look forward to when i get to cut and bring out all my new muscles and curves!

Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brittdesi08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CharliC View Post
    My first bulk was 18 months. I gained about 20lbs, but only one dress size and 1" in my waist, so I'd say the muscle:fat ratio was pretty reasonable.

I think bad experiences often stem from eating too many calories over maintenance and gaining much more fat than intended. Whilst it's definitely important to eat enough, there's still only so much muscle you can physically gain. A lot of people (though mainly guys) tend to believe that more food always = more muscle.

The other reason that I can see it being a bad experience is because intentional weight gain really goes against the grain for most females. It's scary for them, and every little bit of water weight gained from a calorie increase is misinterperated as fat. Basically, a lot of girls don't give it a chance, because they're just not comfortable with it.

Having had an ED, weight gain was a pretty nerve-wracking concept for me. I found the best way to get through it was to focus on strength gains and set strength goals rather than physique goals. I didn't weigh myself at all- I just took tape measurements every month or so and progress pics every 4-6 months. The biggest tip I can give you is don't sell yourself short- go for six months of bulking as an absolute minimum. It's so exciting to cut down afterwards and see the gains you've made!

Great post! I see you're weight and height are close to mine, so if you don't mind me asking, about how much of a calorie surplus did you find ideal for your lean weight gain? I'm currently doing about 2000. The weight gain does get to me often. I just tell myself to focus on the strength i'm gaining

simonabona is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonabona is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonabona is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonabona is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonabona is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonabona is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonabona is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonabona is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonabona is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonabona is on a distinguished road. (+10) simonabona is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow, this thread is the BEST place to be when you are feeling like you want to QUIT bulking. Well to be totally honest I thought I was bulking or trying to... but I think I have been kinda just meeting my maintenance cals which is good !!! Didn't realize I wasn't getting enough... so the last 4 weeks been trying to get MINIMUM 2000 in me... lol.. about 200-300 more cals than I was getting before. (can we call it a mini bulk????haha)

It is crazy how your mind plays these tricks on you. How do you girls just do it??? I know its just mind-games and we ALL go thru it but wow... some days its insane how bad you feel.... then a few days later you feel like ontop of the world! lol

Well I am still going to hang around this thread and follow even tho as I mentioned I don't think I am REALLY doing a bulk at this point.. but I KNOW I WANT TO! Keep up the great work ladies... you are all very motivating and inspiring

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Brittdesi08 View Post
    Squeaks, I am right there with you. From everything i've read, it seems I have an apple shaped body. After losing 40lbs, I whatever muscle/fat I had on my arms and legs, and my stomach was the last to go. Now that I've gained 13lb, the first thing to go was my abs. It's really a mental thing, to not let the weightgain get to you. I'm so use to wanting to see the scale go down. Even though i'm trying to gain muscle now, i feel fat when the scale goes up! lol, you just have to tell yourself, it's a bulking phase, not permanent. I just tell myself to look forward to when i get to cut and bring out all my new muscles and curves!
    Honestly, I think the tummy looking bigger on a bulk is pretty much across the board on body types while bulking. At least, as I carry more fat in my thighs/butt, but my stomach was the first to get huge bulking. If you think about it, it's really nothing to worry about - added cals=added bulk to your GI content, and increase in carbs=increase water retention, both of which affect the stomach region most. I just ignore the bloat, as I know when I end up cutting it's gonna be the first thing to quickly decrease.

Take measurements of the rest of your body too, and track over time. Also, if you have some calipers, you can track the SC fat in your tummy region and see that the actual fat thickness isn't increasing as much as all the stuff under it.

Originally Posted by Brittdesi08 View Post
    Great post! I see you're weight and height are close to mine, so if you don't mind me asking, about how much of a calorie surplus did you find ideal for your lean weight gain? I'm currently doing about 2000. The weight gain does get to me often. I just tell myself to focus on the strength i'm gaining
    I've found that 2100-2200 is good for me. Bearing in mind that I don't do any cardio

leigh92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leigh92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leigh92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leigh92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leigh92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leigh92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leigh92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leigh92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leigh92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leigh92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leigh92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by birdiefu View Post
    Honestly, I think the tummy looking bigger on a bulk is pretty much across the board on body types while bulking. At least, as I carry more fat in my thighs/butt, but my stomach was the first to get huge bulking. If you think about it, it's really nothing to worry about - added cals=added bulk to your GI content, and increase in carbs=increase water retention, both of which affect the stomach region most. I just ignore the bloat, as I know when I end up cutting it's gonna be the first thing to quickly decrease.

Take measurements of the rest of your body too, and track over time. Also, if you have some calipers, you can track the SC fat in your tummy region and see that the actual fat thickness isn't increasing as much as all the stuff under it.
    I actually don't seem to gain much weight at all in my stomach. The only time I did was when I started eating again after starving myself - all the weight went to my stomach at first, but as I gained more weight and kept eating, my waist lost a few inches and my legs/hips started getting much larger. I heard that's common when recovering from an ed though, something about the fat protecting the organs?

I'm up to 109 lbs now I've gone from a bmi of 14.8 to a bmi of 18.7 in the past two and a half months, and I'm definitely seeing a LOT more muscle! I'm just trying not to look at my legs and hips lol.

karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I believe it's time for me to start being "good" again. I've been eating far too many baked goods and chocolates lately and am now so puffy it's scarey. Jeans that fit very comfortably last week were very uncomfortable tonight...my legs are huge (this always happens when I eat too much sugar). I do not intend to cut my calories down, just the starchy, carby, sugary stuff for a bit. This has happened many times in the past. I get carried away baking and end up looking like a marshmallow...lol...oh well, still not going to give in, this bulk will go on . On the bright side I believe my arms are looking stronger these days and my calves are beginning to grow again so this makes me happy....I just hope it doesen't take more than a few days for the effects of my sugar binge to wear off, this is not a good feeling...hope everyone else had a good weekend, full of lots of good eats
    ...karoline...