Scotty_18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New program to gain size?

I'm looking to start gaining some real size before i head off for uni. At the moment, i'm only going 3 times a week, hitting chest and tri's, back and bi's, and legs. i do 3 sets of 10 reps.

i spoke to someone at my gym today, and he told me if you want to see a difference in size and increase the weight im lifting, i should be hitting every body part twice a week. he splits chest and arms, and legs back and shoulders and does one heavy day, and one light day a week on each muscle group. is this ideal?
    a few questions if i am to follow this routine...
    What reps and sets should i be doing on the light day? and on heavy day?
    how many exercises should i be doing on each muscle group?
    should i be doing a strength session and then a hypertrophy session?

Registered User BillabongVolcom's Avatar
    BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Gaining size has more to do with your food intake then it does with how many times a week you hit each muscle group. Look at thenaturalone on Bodyspace, he only hits each body-part once every 3-4 weeks and he's getting stronger each workout.

Here's a better program then the one he gave you.

Day 1
    Squats
    Bench or Dips (Alternate each workout)
    Underhand Rows

Day 2
    Deadlift
    Military Press
    Chin-ups (Underhand Grip)

You can add in a little assistance(BB/DB Curls, Skull-crushers, Calf Raises, etc) work later on down the road once you get hella strong on these core lifts.
    I had all the normal teenage fantasies..cars, girls, money, blow. Then my parents left for a week, and all my fantasies came true!

tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    [QUOTE=BillabongVolcom;489048371]Gaining size has more to do with your food intake then it does with how many times a week you hit each muscle group. QUOTE]

Totally agree. If u want to try a good workout try the mark ripptoes or bill starr routine. they are posted in this forum. Ur aimin for a excess in calories if u want size. they have calorie intake calculators all over the net if u want to know what ur intake should be. good luck.

theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) theronin391 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    All the best size gaining workouts have the deadlift....I have a bad knee and back so I struggle alot with this workout Any tips or recommendations to get around these type of issues?

tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tonytunes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by theronin391 View Post
    All the best size gaining workouts have the deadlift....I have a bad knee and back so I struggle alot with this workout Any tips or recommendations to get around these type of issues?
    if they cause u pain hold off on doin them and let ur back heal. also u should look into knee supports and belts for back support. they may help.