Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1427
    urdu2english has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urdu2english has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urdu2english has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urdu2english has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urdu2english has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urdu2english has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urdu2english has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urdu2english has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urdu2english has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urdu2english has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) urdu2english has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome!
    [no advertising in signature please]

Pseudonymous has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Had a question regarding calves, as everybody knows, seated works the soleus more and standing works the gastrocs. How is seated upright on a leg press machine with ur legs fully extended for working the gastrocs in comparison to doing standing, are they exactly the same or is the bend at the waist/hip making them less beneficial?

If its been answered somewhere, if you could point me in the direction, would be helpful.

predateur1 is not very well liked. (-100) predateur1 is not very well liked. (-100) predateur1 is not very well liked. (-100) predateur1 is not very well liked. (-100) predateur1 is not very well liked. (-100) predateur1 is not very well liked. (-100) predateur1 is not very well liked. (-100) predateur1 is not very well liked. (-100) predateur1 is not very well liked. (-100) predateur1 is not very well liked. (-100) predateur1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    good post !

adamlee9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamlee9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamlee9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamlee9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamlee9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamlee9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamlee9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamlee9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamlee9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamlee9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) adamlee9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fuuuu!
    Thanks brah, much needed help.

DomTheBuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) DomTheBuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) DomTheBuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) DomTheBuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) DomTheBuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) DomTheBuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) DomTheBuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) DomTheBuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) DomTheBuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) DomTheBuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) DomTheBuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey thanks to you switched from 5x5 390lbs to 5x12
    Are you a good guy or Are you a bad guy?
    Do you carry that fire inside you?
    And if you do whatever, you get whatever.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Amphiney has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    usually after the calves workout I have pain in muscle for about 3-6 days when i strech it, not even talking about when I try to touch It - hurts badly.

elliottsohns27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elliottsohns27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elliottsohns27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elliottsohns27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elliottsohns27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elliottsohns27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elliottsohns27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elliottsohns27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elliottsohns27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elliottsohns27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elliottsohns27 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It seems so hard to build my calves.

marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great post awesome points..
    Last edited by marksteve; 03-20-2014 at 11:05 AM.
    http://www.healthereview.com/2014/02/grow-taller-4-idiots-program-review/

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
    Had a question regarding calves, as everybody knows, seated works the soleus more and standing works the gastrocs. How is seated upright on a leg press machine with ur legs fully extended for working the gastrocs in comparison to doing standing, are they exactly the same or is the bend at the waist/hip making them less beneficial?

If its been answered somewhere, if you could point me in the direction, would be helpful.
    leg press calve riases work similar to donkey calve I believe. I still like donkey calve the best for back thickness

something ive been doing is going seated really heavy and putting the plates on the side, after getting a few sets of full range , then move into limited range, where I can go heavier so i dont tear a muscle, my calves seem to be responding well to this

putting the 45's on the sides so limted range of motion

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

ErikBlackthorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikBlackthorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikBlackthorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikBlackthorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikBlackthorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikBlackthorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikBlackthorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikBlackthorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikBlackthorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikBlackthorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ErikBlackthorn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Calves are a common problem. I have 18" calves at 6'2", and I never work them directly, unless you mean my footwork drills (there are stepping techniques that make a step forwards into a step backwards and sudden directional changes. I'll post them up later.)

For people who are seriously lacking in calf size, the best way to work them is the same way you do your forearms: With a twisty rope over your head! Hah! That's partially true. Start walking on the balls of your feet as much as possible. But, there is a, "the best calf exercise, ever," exercise: an ankle-only sissy squat.

Get something you can use to support yourself. Squat down so your hams are against your calves. Put your feet flat on the floor with your weight completely on your lower leg and your supporting arm. Roll your weight onto your heels and try to touch your toes to your shins. Then roll your weight forward over the ball of your foot, and try to stand on your toes. Clamp down your calves as hard as you can as your weight goes from your toes to the balls of your feet and your big toe; try to rip the floor apart with the balls of your feet, like you're trying to turn duck-footed; but, don't let your feet actually turn. Then go back to flat footed, carefully rolling your weight down the external "blade" edge of your foot before you lay your heel down.

Do that until your legs cramp. Once they cramp, immediately ice them down, then apply heat. Do that every other day.

In addition to that, start walking more on the balls of your feet, adding a slight bounce to your step, without letting your heel strike the ground.

Icing them down and applying heat after is CRUCIAL. Ice makes the capillaries shrink into the tissue. Chill your calves after they cramp from that exercise. Heat makes the capillaries expand. Warm them back up after they're chilled. It flushes the tissues and makes them grow much, much faster.
    Iron Sand Palm (Hand of Black Tiger) and Rubbing Palms (Hand of Golden Dragon) raises your male hormone levels? Yes. Steroid-free, my testosterone count ranges monthly from 750-1300 at nearly 35 years old. From hitting a bag of steel. Rawr.

CookieKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) CookieKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) CookieKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) CookieKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) CookieKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) CookieKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) CookieKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) CookieKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) CookieKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) CookieKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50) CookieKidd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great post!
    Loved the Tibialis Anterior exercises. Would have never thought of using a dumbbell like that.

akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000) akirillychev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i don't focus to much on my calves but i do them once or twice a week i do seated and standing calve raises. On a random note tho when i do standing calve raises it makes me wanna go pee i noticed it has been happening it's one of the weirdest things in my opinion haha

tannerspear8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post!

marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it looks difficult.

Registered User PureGenetics101's Avatar
    PureGenetics101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Calves are one of the hardest to grow, along with forearms. Those two are mainly determined by your genetics, either got big calves or forearms naturally,ir you don't.

You can still make them grow though, just that it's gonna be hard as ****.

mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by betsie2k View Post
    Decent post! Hopefully this will answer a lot of questions people have got about lower legs!

lol, Calves are my specialty. I was blessed with calves send me a private message. tell you some tricks.

mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mctrader07 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

work the base

working the legs are very important.

you need to start with your base to create a full body.

http://www.checkoutmythings.com

don't look like a rooster lol

also legs is the most testosterone output f.y.i.

martinkrall359 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I will never hit my calves again, NEVER, I have never experienced this much pain in my live, it feels like Im getting constant stabed, **** this I will just train leg, calves by running etc.

Greasy7718 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Gonna give this a try. I have been going crazy heavy on calves for the last 4 months. Toes in. Toes out. Nuetral. jumping rope. Box jumps. 20-30 reps calf pulses on the leg press with 350-600lbs and I seriously still look like I barely beat polio. Nice gains everywhere else. Maybe the growth in my quads is making my calves look like hot dogs?

futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    awesome exercises

futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) futurebody90 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    calves are often neglected. but nothing wont change if no work is getting put in

Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kenacillin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post

I guess it all depends on the angle in which you have hip flexion. The bend at the hip "may" cause a greater elongation(stretch) at the gastrocs due to active insufficiency, which you have less of standing straight up. I would say that they can be more beneficial, but you will be doing less actual weight (compared to machine/pulley weight). I like them. My calves are growing.
    Everybody wanna get big, but nobody wanna do legs!!

alexman2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexman2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexman2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexman2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexman2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexman2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexman2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexman2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexman2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexman2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexman2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are there any more workouts for calves.

PhilyPhresh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This was a good read, and thanks for the vids. I have had calve envy toward some of the guys I work out with, and this gives me a good idea of what I need to do. I don't work out in a traditional gym, so I don't have the machines, but I think I can alter a lot of them into free-weight movements. But again, thanks for the informative post!

TrueBlue02 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, a handful of exercises right under my nose. Incredible guide.

Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50) Eckobird will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is there any point to start training calves/ legs for the first time while cutting or should i wait till I bulk in a few months to get some good noob gains.?

mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've always been fortunate to have well-developed calves, even when my lifestyle was 100% sedentary with no exercise what-so-ever. I would have people ask me if I was a runner (I wasn't).

It's either thanks to pure genetics, or perhaps it's because of the way I walk and/or take stairs. I've always been a fast-walker - as if I'm in a big rush everywhere. And ever since I was a kid, I've been in the habit of taking stairs 2-3 at a time - and I've either lived in a split-level house or 3rd floor apartment since I was 9. So 20 years of leaping up stairs multiple times per day.
    Started in April, 2013 at 212 lbs. Completely inactive at the time. Fat with zero muscle mass.
    Before/After Thread at the end of my first cut (April '13 - October '13 - 6 mos): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157820563

andrepony is not very well liked. (-100) andrepony is not very well liked. (-100) andrepony is not very well liked. (-100) andrepony is not very well liked. (-100) andrepony is not very well liked. (-100) andrepony is not very well liked. (-100) andrepony is not very well liked. (-100) andrepony is not very well liked. (-100) andrepony is not very well liked. (-100) andrepony is not very well liked. (-100) andrepony is not very well liked. (-100)
    good post ! very useful information

MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MikeyLeMunch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Deviant Dingo View Post
    Nice post!

Forgive my ignorance, but the bottom 3 movements seem to be the same action? Is that correct or am I missing something
    You're cool, bro. After reading Ironlife's muscle activity post, the benefits of standing/seated:
    Standing = superficial part of the calf that you see flexed, those diamond shaped bad boys.
    Seated/bent= hidden beneath the superficial part, adds mass to the lower leg.

Both are equally important and just as tricky to grow.

marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what about females? same rule apply for females?