Thread: PSMF Log.! :)

sheenamarie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheenamarie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheenamarie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheenamarie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheenamarie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheenamarie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheenamarie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheenamarie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

PSMF Log.! :)

PSMF Log for kicks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone
    I started this log in the KETO section because I have been posting in there regularly but I decided to move it on over here..
    This is yesterdays log.. I will come back with todays log a little later as it is only 8.30am!!

Sept 20 LOG
    I started PSMF today (lyles Rapid fat loss plan) and thought I may as well make a log then you guys can critique and maybe help me along the way. Im a Category 1 so I will only be on it for 11-12 days. So Here we go!!

A little history first...
    Starting weight 137
    Saturdays Weigh in Weight (Sept 19) 118.4
    Sundays POST BINGE WEIGHT: 123 (I always jump up ALOT)
    Been doing CKD for 10 weeks with a roughly 6 hour carb up per week.
    4 weeks out of fitness model competition and NEED to lose this fat.. LOL..
    5'6.. Female.. Estimated 20 - 22% Bodyfat..
    Cardio at the moment is 45 minutes 7x a week (lowering for PSMF)
    Lift 6x a week

Today was day 1 and it was super easy. Only because last night I had my Carb up and I went a little crazy knowing that I was starting this tomorow.. LOL!! My scale jumped up a bit but mostly water.. It was only a 6 hour carb up but it was definatly DIRTY.

Meal 1: 1 cup egg whites
    Meal 2: 100g extra lean ground beef
    Meal 3: 100g extra lean ground beef
    100g cucumbers
    Meal 4: 200g chicken
    100g lettuce
    Meal 5: 50g chicken

Did a full body workout today (I hate these) but lifted at regular weights and did about 45 minutes of low intensity cardio.. It was the first day and didnt feel different at all..

I messed up a little this morning because I didnt have any chicken cooked and only had ground beef so tomorow I will defiantly cut out one of the ground beefs and replace it with chicken..

Feeling good, other then the feeling of a lump of food in my stomach from the carb up (lets just call it what it was.. CHEAT MEAL) but so far so good.

I will post pictures of me on sept 18 and go from those.. HOping to lose quite a bit of FAT!!

Good night

Sept 21: Will come back later with todays log as posted.. So far so good.. got a little bit of doubts last night reading some peoples rants about how bad this is but hey.. 11 days cant mess u up that bad can it?! I will get the before pics up tonight..

spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck! In my experience Day 1 was fairly easy, then things got difficult until about Day 6. After that, it really isn't that bad. I'm 21 days in and I honestly never feel hungry. Granted, I still get cravings; but I never feel like i need to eat.

I'm subscribed to your thread.

sheenamarie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheenamarie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheenamarie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheenamarie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheenamarie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheenamarie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheenamarie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sheenamarie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Day 2 so far..

Well this is day 2 so far.. I feel like Im doing something wrong because this isnt as hard as I thought and Im definatly not losing that first huge amount of weight.. Im not taking the EC stack because I dont do well with stimulants so maybe that is my issue? I still have alot of protein left today but Im going to hit the gym up in a few minutes thought i would blog about my day so far!
    Woke up and took my son to his swimming lessons!
    Meal 1 - 100G egg whites
    Meal 2 - 100G extra lean ground beef with franks hot sauce
    Meal 3 - 100G Chicken with 100g Lettuce and half a red pepper w/ wed wine vinager and dijon mustard(0 carb)
    About to eat meal 4 with the same as meal 3 minus the red pepper.. and off to the gym I go!! Im going to do a bit of light walking.. about 20 minutes and some light weights.. I have that wonderful just adjusting to keto after carb up brain where its a bit fuzzy but nothing major.. hunger is normal.. wondering if this is going to be worth it.. maybe I will be eating my words come tomorow at this time.. LOL.. Will post pictures once my son goes to bed after the gym..

SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It may take you a day or two to deplete your glycogen and then you many not feel the effect of ketosis anyway. Some people report no difference and others talk about flu like symptoms which to me is rather extreme.
    12/23/08 - 279
    12/31/09 - 243
    01/13/10 - 250

Yeah, that's a real gun in that gun rack...No, I don't have a permit for it
    Do you have a permit to ask stupid questions like that...Trace Atkins

carrick. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck with your log.

Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Doobie2270 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey, my little sister has similar stats, and I got her to consent to a month of PSMF. I'm probably going to refer her to your log here on bb.com, and if you have any tips for her, it would be greatly appreciated by both of us!
    You cannot make a man by standing a sheep on its hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position you can make a crowd of men.
    -Max Beerbohm

spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) spurlin9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not doing the EC stack, and I'm having good results. Weight loss isn't always linear on this diet. Just stick with it and you're sure to see results.

So Day 2 came and went.. Ended up just eating one more meal with chicken and salad.. and half a red pepper.. My cals came in just under 800.. I did the calculator and because I lift weights I am to have 2g of protein per pound of LBM.. Im wondering if I should lower it as Im definatly not seeing those huge results..???

Morning Weight : 122 (-1 pound) but still up 4 from carb up.. But I used a different scale that always weighs me in about a pound and a half heavier heavier but Im going to go from this one from now on.. Soo not great progress so far and dont know what Im doing wrong.. HOpefully it will catch up..

So far today I have just woken up so no meals yet.. I will post later after I have eaten.. I have my sons gymnastics class today so lots of running around..

My old meal plan used to have actually alot less protein (less food) and tons of oils.. so technically Im eating MORE substance then before but abour 700 calories different but more substance.. wondering if that is my issue?

SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SV1000 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Give it some time, don't be impatient...

Do you plan on doing carb-ups or cheat meals? In my opinion, they will set you back on a PSMF.
    12/23/08 - 279
    12/31/09 - 243
    01/13/10 - 250

Yeah, that's a real gun in that gun rack...No, I don't have a permit for it
    Do you have a permit to ask stupid questions like that...Trace Atkins

Nope! Im a category 1 so I only do it for 11 days then a 2 day refeed which Im going to keep very clean and maybe shorten to 1 day and then back on CKD until the competition and then CKD for gaining because I love it.. LOL..
    So far today has been good.. had a VERY BAD morning but not in terms of the diet.. In terms of..
    My door is broken on my car and i have to unlock it from the inside not manually so I put my son in the car and then shut the door (the keys were in the car, but I always do that and its never a problem) then all of a sudden *CLICK* all my doors locked, it must of been on a timer my husband said or because of the broken lock on the door it malfunctioned.. there was no way I could have locked it because the remote on my keys is broken and I know I didnt touch that button! It was horrible.. I started panicking because my son was sitting in his car seat and i reefed on his door over and over and over and over and it byt ehg race of god OPENED!! I cant explain it other then I definatly had angels watching over me today. I was so stressed out I just broke down in tears but everything was ok and he was only in there for about 3 minutes.. SO.. panic central..
    anyways..

Meal 1: 100g ( I think about 75g) egg whites
    Meal 2:100g extra lean ground beef
    Meal 3:100g extra lean ground beef
    Meal 3: Cucmber and 100g chicken..

Off to the gym I go!!.. So far Im feeling normal.. no real hunger so doing good..

**EDIT!**
    WEnt to the gym.. did about 45 minutes of a full body.. strength about the same sometimes felt a little lightheaded/weak but think that it was just in my head.. lol! I can psych myself out like that.. did about 10 minutes of brisk walking.. then came home and had another Salad with chicken

Soo for the day that puts me at
    Cals Fat Carbs Protein
    Totals: 756 22g 9g 117g

Thinking I might have another cucmber or maybe some chicken as I am low on that for the day but I feel like maybe I should lower my calories seeing as Im not losing? What do you guys think?? With the excersice it was about 575 calories (minues calories burned .. dailyplate) I dunno Im lost and hoping this is going to work!!..
    Last edited by sheenamarie; 09-22-2009 at 07:55 PM.

TheBoyk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheBoyk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheBoyk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=spurlin9;387604811]Good luck! In my experience Day 1 was fairly easy, then things got difficult until about Day 6. After that, it really isn't that bad. I'm 21 days in and I honestly never feel hungry. Granted, I still get cravings; but I never feel like i need to eat. QUOTE]

Same here, I'm onto Day 9 and feel pretty alright now. But that first week was killer around days 3-6.

TB,
    =/\=

My GST...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124248151

My Starting Strength...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121790021

My PSMF...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119379141

07/06/09 - 255lbs
    01/01/10 - 190lbs
    03/01/10 - 202lbs
    05/01/10 - 216lbs

masonpatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonpatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonpatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonpatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonpatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonpatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonpatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonpatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn girl how much lighter do you wanna GET!! You are 5'6 with a weight of 119lbs...thats fine isnt it?

Im one of them skinny fat girls!!! I just want to get a lower bf percentage and then after the competition work up my muscle!

Im SUPER frustrated..!!!!!!!!!! WEighed in at 122 this morning thats still 4 pounds up since saturday and its wednesday!!!!!!! By wednesday Im usually at around 120.. like how is that possible?? Im thinking of just going back to KETO as I have been losing around a pound a week with that.. I thought this would be a good idea.. and that I would lose like crazy but so far Im just staying the same damn weight.. like is it even worth it??!? I would rather be able to eat more and workout more then to eat like this and not even lose weight?? wtf.. Im pretty frustrated.

Day 4!

Still doing ok.. had a bit of brain farts/foggy head today but not too bad.. read some stuff about that last chance diet and it scared me and I started to get a little panicky but then talked myself out of how stupid that is and that the diets are competely different..!

Anyways....

Meal 1: 100g egg whites
    Meal 2: 100g chicken 50g lettuce
    Meal 3: 125 extra lean ground beef
    Meal 4: 125 extra lean ground beef
    Meal 5: 100g chicken and a cucumber.

Gotta get some veggies in tonight.. hoping for a big drop tomorow.. LOL.. Of course I am.. why else would I be doing this?!?!? LOL!!.. Hunger is alright just regular.. Still havent tested positive for ketosis on ketostix but that could also be because I drink alot of water.. we will see how things go.. still pretty frustrated.. but time will tell..

masonpatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonpatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonpatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonpatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonpatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonpatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonpatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) masonpatriot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sheenamarie View Post
    Im one of them skinny fat girls!!! I just want to get a lower bf percentage and then after the competition work up my muscle!

Im SUPER frustrated..!!!!!!!!!! WEighed in at 122 this morning thats still 4 pounds up since saturday and its wednesday!!!!!!! By wednesday Im usually at around 120.. like how is that possible?? Im thinking of just going back to KETO as I have been losing around a pound a week with that.. I thought this would be a good idea.. and that I would lose like crazy but so far Im just staying the same damn weight.. like is it even worth it??!? I would rather be able to eat more and workout more then to eat like this and not even lose weight?? wtf.. Im pretty frustrated.
    Ahh I feel you. Its hard to loose that fat sometimes you know. Takes time, but there are people out there, albeit very small in number who loose weight AND gain muscle rather quickly. Don't know what the science behind that is but everyone is different. Good luck to you.

Moreso than any other diet I have tried, progress on this PSMF is not at all linear. I lost like 10 pounds in my first 7 days, and then I actually gained a pound over the following 7 days, then I woke up 5 pounds lighter a couple days later. It just has to do with water retention, etc. If you think about it, you're on a big calorie deficit so you ARE losing weight, it just hasn't become apparent yet.

Well thanks for the comments guys maybe my body is just holding onto it and Im going to let it all go soon.. *crosses fingers** because Im starting to feel like I might stop on saturday but we will see.. I convinced my trainer to let me do this so if Im not down a bit by saturdays weigh in hes gonna be like wtf did we do this.. so lets hope for a QUICK woosh. hahahaha..

Todays weight= 121.4
    So far had
    Meal 1: 75g egg whites with half a green pepper

and I am about to go shower and get to the grocery store..

This is totally TMI but question..
    I have kind of loose bowels.. gross I know.. but what would be causing this? Is it the veggies? I had veggies on KETO but not manby just lettuce.. Is this common on PSMF?

ok wow.. I have decided that saturday will be my last day and have a small carb up then back onto KETO..

I just had a panic attack out of no where because I got so irritated at my son and it spilt into a full blown panic attack.. I havent had one of those for years and no diet or fitness competition is worth me freaking out on my son then panicking.. tomorow my husband is home all day so I will be ok and saturday night I will have a small carb up.. any ideas how much I should consume seeing as it will only be around a 5 hour carb up?

OK Im calm now.. I am going to take it day by day

Wow.. just had another panic attack.. this time it was brutall... I had a bowl of oatmeal and Im going back to keto.. this just isnt for me.. I havent had a panic attack in years and with no other changes in my life I know this is to blame.. Thanks everyone for your help with everything

PMS much...j/k. It probably is fluctuation in the food levels. You should be alright once you mediate your diet.

Im hoping soo.. that was a pretty scary day yesterday.. I started back on keto today still not feeling myself.. I think I will carb up tomorow and then start on CKD again..

coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How's the diet coming? I was lurkin around and saw that you started on the same day I did (I'm doing lyle mcdonald's RFL) ? [See thread: Brb Transformin]

You're actually lucky about the loose bowels. I'm having the problem I see most other psmf'ers which is the opposite of yours LOL.
    I've lost a lot of water weight so far but now I'm starting to settle into the swing of things. I'm down from 203.5 on 9/21 to 193.5 this morning we'll see how it is tomarrow morning. Did you notice any similar effects? What about bloating after your carb ups? (My free meal was chick fil a 2x 12 piece nuggets so not that many carbs lol).

You gettin any dairy?

Originally Posted by coals View Post
    How's the diet coming? I was lurkin around and saw that you started on the same day I did (I'm doing lyle mcdonald's RFL) ? [See thread: Brb Transformin]

You're actually lucky about the loose bowels. I'm having the problem I see most other psmf'ers which is the opposite of yours LOL.
    I've lost a lot of water weight so far but now I'm starting to settle into the swing of things. I'm down from 203.5 on 9/21 to 193.5 this morning we'll see how it is tomarrow morning. Did you notice any similar effects? What about bloating after your carb ups? (My free meal was chick fil a 2x 12 piece nuggets so not that many carbs lol).

You gettin any dairy?

Im not a fan of dairy.. well I mean I love it but not what it does to my body!!.. I have since discontinued the diet and my body is trying to recover from the wacky week it had.. I started getting really really foggy headed and had 2 panic attacks and so I decided that was my body telling me that it cant handle the calorie restriction. so I had a bowl of oatmeal.. and then started back on CKD.. yesterday night I started to get really bad leg cramps and tingling in my toes so I had a bowl of blueberries just to have some sugar.. this morning Im up to 122 which is pretty freaking upsetting.. Im hoping its just water weight from the carbs.. I plan to do a pretty heavy carb up tonight.. around 5-6 grams per pound as lyle says but Im just keeping it to one night.. I need to RESET my body so that is the plan to do so.. then just get right back on the keto train. Im very upset about the whole weeks events but Im sure it works GREAT for a lot of people but just not for me.. I think I am a little TOO in tune with my body that when I felt the slightest bit OFF it would make me nervous so when the foggyness got so bad mied with the hormones fluxuations it just sent me over the edge..
    I was at 118.4 before starting this journey and this morning which is my usual weigh in date I was 121 (well 122 but compared to my usual weigh in scale at the gym the scale I used today is always 1-1.5 pounds higher so i say 121).. I think it is probably from the carbs I ate.. But still .. freaking piss off.. I think my metabolism is still ok though Im just ravished.. like so hungry nothing will satisfy me.. tonights carb up should be interesting.. should I go light? Or should I go as lyle says and go heavy on the carbs to reset before Igo back to keto? Im so upset but I will keep you guys posted..