Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up Bigpops keto log

Today: Cal 2078; pro 242g; carb 9g; fat 116g

felt really good today even with the lower carb count. The extra protein and good fat helped. I was 83.5g short on my protein though.

I didn't workout at the gym today. I had to move 2 big giant deep freezers. So i got my full body workout in. Lol.

Keto stick had good color and i'm down 4 pounds in 3 days.

Looking forward to stay the course.
    Bigpops - "Lift Hard or Die Trying"
    BBTI...Bonded By The Iron [[[---]]]

Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bigpopsonswoll has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Mon: Cal 1901; protein 434g; carbs 18g; fat 59g
    2 lbs lost
    workout: Chest/shoulders/ triceps
    routine: Posted in workout tracker

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So are you doing a modified keto? I see your protein appear well over 1 gram per LBM and less in fat intake.

Originally Posted by Bigpopsonswoll View Post
    Mon: Cal 1901; protein 434g; carbs 18g; fat 59g
    2 lbs lost
    workout: Chest/shoulders/ triceps
    routine: Posted in workout tracker
    Originally Posted by queloque View Post
    So are you doing a modified keto? I see your protein appear well over 1 gram per LBM and less in fat intake.
    Actually I need some education on this. This is more on the line from a book I read. But others have told me the same that my protein is too high. I was told that I needed the protein up to 2g per poud. But recently I've been told to lower it and get my fat intake higher. Need more information on this big time.

AWESOME ROSE COLOR ON MY KETO STICK THIS MORNING. I'M SO EXCITED I WANTED TO FRAME THE DAM THING.
    Dropped .2% BF today!!
    I will post my macro nutrients later today.

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Actually I need some education on this. This is more on the line from a book I read. But others have told me the same that my protein is too high. I was told that I needed the protein up to 2g per poud. But recently I've been told to lower it and get my fat intake higher. Need more information on this big time.
    yeah, 1 gram per LBM is concidered more than enough if you are lifting at an intense level.

"Protein intake is a critical aspect of a ketogenic diet to prevent muscle loss.
    Approximately 150 grams per day of protein must be ingested to provide enough glucose to supply the brain and prevent the body from breaking down muscle protein."

Your ratio is suppose to be 65% fat 30% protein and 5% carbs of your total intake.

AWESOME ROSE COLOR ON MY KETO STICK THIS MORNING. I'M SO EXCITED I WANTED TO FRAME THE DAM THING.
    Dropped .2% BF today!!
    I will post my macro nutrients later today.
    The darkness of color doesn't mean any different than a faint pink color. The darker color generally means you are not drinking a lot of water. Any color dark or faint tells you you are producing ketones. Darker doesn't mean you are producing more. Once you see any color you don't need to test everyday. You will just be wasting your money. Just test after your weekly carb-ups and once you see color put it away.

The darkness of color doesn't mean any different than a faint pink color. The darker color generally means you are not drinking a lot of water. Any color dark or faint tells you you are producing ketones. Darker doesn't mean you are producing more. Once you see any color you don't need to test everyday. You will just be wasting your money. Just test after your weekly carb-ups and once you see color put it away.

Yeah the protein was way too nuch. The color wasn't dark just a pink rose color. I drink close to a gallon of water, I have scales. LOL. I'll will test as you prescribe on your post. And thanks for the percentage break down as well. You have been kind sharing this valued information.

Yeah the protein was way too nuch. The color wasn't dark just a pink rose color. I drink close to a gallon of water, I have scales. LOL. I'll will test as you prescribe on your post. And thanks for the percentage break down as well. You have been kind sharing this valued information.
    If you read my log you might find some valuable info. I try to post excerpts from the Ketogenic diet book and other books that Lyles McDonald has written.

If you read my log you might find some valuable info. I try to post excerpts from the Ketogenic diet book and other books that Lyles McDonald has written.
    Put his book on order last night as a matter of fact my friend. In the meantime I will check those post on your log as well. It seems you have a lot of experience in this arena. Thanks for being here to share it means a lot.

I haven't eaten my next meal and I am still feeling full. Currently I have a plan to eat around 1700-1800 calories today but I don't think I can get one more bite in me. I'm around 200-300 short of that number right now. Maybe after my workout my need for food will come back.

Tuesday 7/28/09
    Cals 2,098 Fat 142.7(g) Carbs 21.3(g) Prot 179.9(g)

Very full and was surprised I was able to get the last meal in.
    Workout: Legs

Thumbs up Bigpops keto log for Wed 7/29/09

Cals Total 1,790 Fat 122.8(g) Carbs 34.1(g) Prot 134.4(g)
    Last edited by Bigpopsonswoll; 07-29-2009 at 10:10 PM.

Thumbs up Bigpops Keto Log

Thurs: Cals 1,397; Fat 48.8(g); Carbs 15.4(g); Prot 212.9(g)
    Workout: Biceps and Back

Your large deficit could really show your metabolic rate drastically. Be careful.

Your large deficit could really show your metabolic rate drastically. Be careful.
    That being the insufficent calories for that day? If so, I'm really having a hard time getting meals in. I might have to drink them. I'm so freaking full.

That being the insufficent calories for that day? If so, I'm really having a hard time getting meals in. I might have to drink them. I'm so freaking full.
    "Undereating -Avoid the tempatation to eat less, thinking that this will boost your efforts and speed up the process. In fact, undereating is one of the surest ways to stall your efforts and bring your weight loss to a grinding HALT. When you go for more than 4 or 5 hours without eating, your body interprets this as a fast, and will adapt very quickly by slowing down your metabolism and conserving your stored energy, ie. your fat. This is exactly what you DON'T want!"

"Undereating -Avoid the tempatation to eat less, thinking that this will boost your efforts and speed up the process. In fact, undereating is one of the surest ways to stall your efforts and bring your weight loss to a grinding HALT. When you go for more than 4 or 5 hours without eating, your body interprets this as a fast, and will adapt very quickly by slowing down your metabolism and conserving your stored energy, ie. your fat. This is exactly what you DON'T want!"
    Makes good sense. I just have to shovel it in and get food down. Thanks for the quick reply.

Makes good sense. I just have to shovel it in and get food down. Thanks for the quick reply.
    It may be different for you. Some people metabolize better than others that is why they can stay lean. But if you feel your metabolic rate is slowing and you are not seeing the weight loss or leanness you are expecting, it could be your large caloric deficit. For your size its well above the recommended 10 to 20% caloric deficit.

FRI: Wed: Cals Total 1,968 Fat 96.2(g) Carbs 31.9(g) Prot 226.3(g)
    WORKOUT: CHEST/ SHOULDER/ TRICEP

It may be different for you. Some people metabolize better than others that is why they can stay lean. But if you feel your metabolic rate is slowing and you are not seeing the weight loss or leanness you are expecting, it could be your large caloric deficit. For your size its well above the recommended 10 to 20% caloric deficit.
    It's a science I'm seeing that. I wasn't feeling hunger with all the protein I'm gathering. I need to get up to 2200- 2400 I am sure.

It's a science I'm seeing that. I wasn't feeling hunger with all the protein I'm gathering. I need to get up to 2200- 2400 I am sure.
    yeah, and professional bodybuilders have it down to a science. That can bulk up but cut in a short about of time.

Friday 8/1/09
    Cals 1,654; Fat 77.6(g) Carbs 10.7(g) Prot 217.1(g)
    Short fall on calorie total
    Non Workout Day
    5 meals eaten today

The Fitness Socialist AntonioWright's Avatar
    AntonioWright is just really nice. (+1000) AntonioWright is just really nice. (+1000) AntonioWright is just really nice. (+1000) AntonioWright is just really nice. (+1000) AntonioWright is just really nice. (+1000) AntonioWright is just really nice. (+1000) AntonioWright is just really nice. (+1000) AntonioWright is just really nice. (+1000) AntonioWright is just really nice. (+1000) AntonioWright is just really nice. (+1000) AntonioWright is just really nice. (+1000)
    Higher than that. You should be at a min of 3000 calories.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AntWrig

Twitter:Fitnesssocialist

Originally Posted by AntonioWright View Post
    Higher than that. You should be at a min of 3000 calories.
    For cutting?

Thumbs up

Cals 2,326 Fat 111.6(g) Carbs 70.6(g) Prot 244.9g)
    Circuit Training Full body workout
    Last edited by Bigpopsonswoll; 08-02-2009 at 10:43 PM.

Mon: Cals 2818; Fat 188.2(g) Carbs 24(g) Prot 248.4(g) <-- High
    Workout: Legs & Abs

Bigpops Keto Log

Mon: Cal 2383; Fat 153.7(g)l Carbs 18.4(g); Prot 217(g)
    Workout: Back & Biceps

You have to get your protein intake to match your LBM not your total body weight.

joewiggs32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mon: Cal 2383; Fat 153.7(g)l Carbs 18.4(g); Prot 217(g)
    Workout: Back & Biceps
    Wow, what excaclty are trying to do Are you cutting? My calories are about 2200-2300. My protein is around 170-180g and fats are 175g. I am 6'2 224lbs