Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bango skank View Post
    Shouldn't she jerk and then clean?

...sorry, had to.
    Originally Posted by madaozeki View Post
    dude...

LOL it was actually funny!

My coach willl love this section
    This lifestyle is not easy. It takes consistent, disciplined, dedicated effort and sacrifice. It takes planning and focus. Most of all it takes a never-say-die attitude and the balls to keep on keeping on even during those periods when you make no progress!

madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Seosaid View Post
    LOL it was actually funny!
    You'll fit right in in that case...

Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Seosaid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by r_graz View Post
    I won't hold my breath

But I do demand that Josie post a vid of herself doing a clean & jerk wearing them
    I forgot to say they even customized them with my name **** DOING THE HAPPY DANCE****

LOL I'll have them in 2-3 weeks!!!
    This lifestyle is not easy. It takes consistent, disciplined, dedicated effort and sacrifice. It takes planning and focus. Most of all it takes a never-say-die attitude and the balls to keep on keeping on even during those periods when you make no progress!

r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I forgot to say they even customized them with my name **** DOING THE HAPPY DANCE****

LOL I'll have them in 2-3 weeks!!!
    That's great. It looks like they're doing custom singlets as well.

I would have definitely considered getting a pair of those (not pink ) if I hadn't just gotten my Rogues a few months ago. The Risto's really look like well built, nicely detailed shoes.

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by brucedickenson View Post
    For those interested, we have replaced our Do-Win shoes with Risto Leather Weightlifting Shoes at XL Athlete.

From their website:

The Risto Weightlifting Shoe, hand made in the Americas, is one of the lightest and most durable leather weightlifting shoes on the market today. The shoe was designed with input from National Coaches in the America's, contains 100% high quality leather upper (with suede accents), solid wood heel (laquered or natural finish), double-stitched seams, a rubber sole, and more green manufacturing footprint (less transport, manufacturing uses even more local materials, less synthetic material in the shoe).

I like the fact that they are available in several different colors:

Black

Blue

Pink

Red

White

So, if you're looking for shoes, I would definitely take a look at these. They're going for $118.

Bruce
    Originally Posted by ZenMonkey View Post
    Just to echo:

I just wanted to share this video with everyone. I have recently begun using these shoes, and they are fantastic. I got to choose all of my colors and am very pleased with the outcome. These are fantastic shoes if anyone needs a pair w/ a heel. For those lift technicians: it should be noted that the sole of these shoes slightly changes angles to accomodate the rocking motion of weight distributement during pulls.

They also will make custom singlets, wraps, and sleeves. Check em out

http://www.gwenweightlifting.blogspot.com/

You can get whatever colors you want. I specified the:

color of the heel (natural or black)
    color of the suede
    color of the stripes
    color of the strap
    color of the uppers
    Thats awesome. They are a fantastic company. I just got mine about 4 weeks ago and love em. They are a small company which also makes their customer service AMAZING. Gwen really took alot of time to help me figure out what size I should get (comparing it to my dowins), even helped me figure out color combos and she kept me updated every step of the way. (I ordered them before they went to South America to pick them up just recently). Very high quality prodcut and great customer service. What more can you ask for?
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Think I'm going to order a pair of the Power Firm shoes.

I have absurdly wide feet and I don't think any of the other shoes will fit me.

Viper504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viper504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viper504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viper504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viper504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viper504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viper504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viper504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viper504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viper504 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viper504 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i just bought the Risto's very good shoes ,the only thing the strap is a little long other then that no complaints

PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerTricks will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The rogue fitness link doesn't work.

Here's the correct link: http://www.roguefitness.com/store/rogue_dowins.php

micromatikal will become famous soon enough. (+50) micromatikal will become famous soon enough. (+50) micromatikal will become famous soon enough. (+50) micromatikal will become famous soon enough. (+50) micromatikal will become famous soon enough. (+50) micromatikal will become famous soon enough. (+50) micromatikal will become famous soon enough. (+50) micromatikal will become famous soon enough. (+50) micromatikal will become famous soon enough. (+50) micromatikal will become famous soon enough. (+50) micromatikal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Viper504 View Post
    i just bought the Risto's very good shoes ,the only thing the strap is a little long other then that no complaints
    Anyone know if the Risto's run a half size small as well? I've tried calling to confirm and never get an answer. If I wear a size 13 regular shoe do I want a size 13 Risto?

Thanks for any help!

Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just got the VS Dynamo shoes.

I normally wear a size 12, so I ordered a 11.5, just because my feet are wide. They fit almost perfect.

It made squats super easy to do, I went so low I had to put the saftey bar a notch lower than what I usually put it at.

SSBBT_Believer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rogues or Adidas Ironworks II? Same price

Can anyone help me determine which shoe would be best for me? The Rogues & Ironworks II are the same price. I am 5' 10" with normal feet (I guess, I've never had shoes that were too tight in the toes). My feet do tend to sweat a lot, so if one has better ventilation than the other that would be nice to know.

My concern is that Rogue is a brand I'd never heard of until reading these forums (& Lon Kilgore's general shoe writeup) whereas Adidas are a solid brand with a long reputation (yes, insert Shamwow guy 'You know the Germans always make good stuff').

I am doing SS BBT training. I don't do the Oly lifts but might like to try them out someday. I really just want to make sure I have a firm footing for squats & PCs.

Thanks in advance,

Registered User SquatTillYouPuke's Avatar
    SquatTillYouPuke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatTillYouPuke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatTillYouPuke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatTillYouPuke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatTillYouPuke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatTillYouPuke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think either shoe comes highly recommended, I can vouch that adidas makes quality shoes but if you live in the US you have to order them from Dynamic Eleiko and its kinda pain, gotta call in the order and wait for it to ship from Washington state.

If you pick up a pair of the rogues you might be able to get them a little quicker.

Ultimately its just a matter of opinion.

And they are lifting shoes, doesn't matter how much your feet sweat as long as they get the job done, hell, if you're feet aint sweatin, then you aint workin hard enough in my opinion

I live in the US. I was thinking I would order either directly from Rogue or for the Ironworks II from Amazon (the only shoe that comes up when you search for weightlifting shoe).

The speed of delivery isn't particularly important to me. I can continue training in lightweight running shoes (think track flats, or wrestling shoes with a tiny bit of cushioning).

My feet tend to sweat all the time, its not related to effort or intensity. But shoes with ventilation often feel so much better due to the ventilation.

In the gym, I often go with the unabomber look with a grey hoodie/sweatshirt. This is because the vast majority of the gym likes to be 'comfortable' in the gym and so the AC is turned down and fans are everywhere. But hey, the gym has 2 platforms with bumpers, 2 squat racks, & 2 bench's so I can't complain about the 40 elipticals, walls of mirrors, smith machine, or anything else.

Does anyone know the heel high differences in the two shoes? I've read that Rip thinks the Rogues have a tiny bit too much heel. Not sure on the Addidas. I suppose I'd rather have a shorter heel than a taller one.

Durability of the two? As far as seams and the soles, I've seen a couple of reviews that claim the Rogues came appart on them much sooner than they would have liked. Not sure if this is misuse (walking to the gym) or an isolated case. Anyone have experience with the two?

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm on a fairly limited budget and would like to just get 1 quality pair of shoes that will last me a few years.

r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) r_graz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Both are great shoes. My understanding is the heel on the Adidas are a tiny bit lower, but I can't confirm that. The Rogues do not have an especially high heel, compared to some earlier Chinese shoes. Another consideration is shoe width - the Adidas are fairly narrow shoes. I've got wide feet and the Rogues fit very well. I can attest to them being well-made.

If delivery time is not an issue, you also might want to look into the Risto shoes for maybe $10 more. Handmade (very nicely), huge range of colors, and a bunch of things that can be customized.

dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000) dcamnc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Durability wise, I've had my Rogues for 6-8 months, and workout in them for 1.5 hrs every other day, and they're good as new (minus plethora of chalk dust). If you've got a wideish forefoot, I'd go with the rogues. If your feet sweat really bad, I'd look at the new ironworks. They look like they are really well ventilated.

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SSBBT_Believer View Post
    Does anyone know the heel high differences in the two shoes? I've read that Rip thinks the Rogues have a tiny bit too much heel. Not sure on the Addidas. I suppose I'd rather have a shorter heel than a taller one.
    I believe that Rip has said that the heel height of the Adidas are ideal. Reps if anyone can find the quote.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

/JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000) /JV/ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bango skank View Post
    I believe that Rip has said that the heel height of the Adidas are ideal. Reps if anyone can find the quote.
    Only because I read this today...

http://strengthmill.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3520

He doesn't say "ideal" but he does say "good." Is that what you're looking for?
    PL Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=109470421&goto=newpost

Spot on, you win the Kewpie doll.
    -Don Vito Corleone

Thanks everyone for contributing. I ordered the Rogues this morning.

After the replies I decided on the Ironwork IIs, however my size was no longer in stock and since its the old model, its never going to be in stock again so I had to get over it. (That's what I get for waiting.)

Its good to hear that the Rogues are a good shoe that seems to be holding up well for other users. It seems like Rip feels they're .05" too tall (from another user's math) and that isn't too much. If they end up being a bit ackward I'll have to find a cobbler.

The Ironwork IIIs do look like they'd have better ventilation, however those are $40 more. Perhaps in a few years when the Rogues wear out.

I didn't want to order the Risto's even though several other users had good things to say about them. Same goes for the custom Canadian shoes that you trace your foot and send to them.

Thanks again to everyone for helping me and I feel comfortable with the Rogue's I've ordered.

H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000)
    So im looking to get some adidas, perhaps ironwork III's, found them for a reasonable price, but keep seeing conflicting info over the web about sizing, a size smaller, 1 size bigger than normal sneaker size etc, really fustrating when trying to buy your first pair of shoes. How do the adidas shoes compare to normal adidas sneakers in terms of size.
    Before you insult somebody, first walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes.
    Myprotein 5% discount code - MP116644 - Not much off, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

PS3 - Madden 11, F1 2010, COD: BO
    360 - COD4: MW, COD: MW2

Registered User SquatTillYouPuke's Avatar
    SquatTillYouPuke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatTillYouPuke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatTillYouPuke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatTillYouPuke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatTillYouPuke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SquatTillYouPuke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For me i wear a 10.5 US Men sneaker and I ordered a 9.5 sized adidas shoe and they fit perfectly. You want to order slightly smaller for a snug fit.

IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IronAbrams is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just got my new AdiStars a couple of weeks ago and they're great.
    IG: @toadkillerdog

H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000) H-Town-Matt is just really nice. (+1000)
    converse, nikes, k swiss, - 9.5
    shoes about 9ish(perhaps just lower, dependant on make)
    Shall I go for 8.5 or 9 guise?
    all uk sizes here.
    Last edited by H-Town-Matt; 03-12-2009 at 06:32 AM.
    Before you insult somebody, first walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them, you are a mile away and you have their shoes.
    Myprotein 5% discount code - MP116644 - Not much off, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

PS3 - Madden 11, F1 2010, COD: BO
    360 - COD4: MW, COD: MW2

whoisrhp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rogue Do-Wins Need Help.

Hello,

Okays guys I just got my Rogue Do-Wins in the mail today I was unsure of what size to get so I emailed my foot picture to Rogue fitness they recommended me to get a 7 1/2 my foot is about a 7. When I recieved them I guess they half size it down so it was a US 7 40 UK. My question is are weight lifting shoes suppose to be like super tight fitting like no room in the front? because when I buy nike shox / tennis shoes I usually get a size 8 and I would have about a thumb width / space gap inbetween my longest toe and the front. I have about the same width space with my rogue Do-Wins, is that about right?

Thank you guys,
    Ronald

eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is Bozo the Clown the exclusive designer that all these companies use?

LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LFOD has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs up

Got my Power Firm shoes in the mail and tried them out for my squat workout this morning...

Can't believe how much of a difference they make. Squats are so much easier, more stable, more comfortable.

If you are on the fence about whether to buy good olympic shoes DO IT!

hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hey everyone, considering buying a pair of Risto shoes today.

Anyone else have them/recommend them?

If so, how do they fit? 1 size smaller (like your dress shoe size)?
    And are they a quality shoe?

Thanks.
    NJ CREW - 908/973

Originally Posted by hazard52003 View Post
    hey everyone, considering buying a pair of Risto shoes today.

Anyone else have them/recommend them?

If so, how do they fit? 1 size smaller (like your dress shoe size)?
    And are they a quality shoe?

Thanks.
    I have them and love them!

I do however recommend getting a size smaller, as they run a bit big.

Also, Gwen is amazing!!

hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hazard52003 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have them and love them!

I do however recommend getting a size smaller, as they run a bit big.

Also, Gwen is amazing!!
    Thanks for the advice and quick response.

Anyone else?
    NJ CREW - 908/973