Thread: couple noob ?s

steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10)

couple noob ?s

A guy gave me some bars and weights and I was wondering which you would recommend I keep as I will probably give a few things to another friend. I got four 7' olympic bars, should i just keep a couple that weigh closest to 44lb? I don't see any brand on them but not sure where to look?

Also got a bunch of heavier plates, Cap and Weider, I know those are not top of the line by any means but they weigh accurate. Is one brand better then the other or are they both about the same?

appreciate the help!

dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000) dolson27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by steeldragons View Post
    A guy gave me some bars and weights and I was wondering which you would recommend I keep as I will probably give a few things to another friend. I got four 7' olympic bars, should i just keep a couple that weigh closest to 44lb? I don't see any brand on them but not sure where to look?

Also got a bunch of heavier plates, Cap and Weider, I know those are not top of the line by any means but they weigh accurate. Is one brand better then the other or are they both about the same?

appreciate the help!

I would keep at least two of the bars. It's nice to have extra so you don't have to keep changing plates around. As far as brand name plates, I would be more concerned of the weight accuracy and material (no plastic or concrete). You're lifting the weight, not the name.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.17

Make everyday count because no one promised you tomorrow.

Live easy, train hard.

Owe lifetime reps to all E-Crew members

Owe a case of beer to deseee

steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10) steeldragons is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thx dolson, ya I agree on the name thing. figured if i had to sell some I would keep the better ones. The cap weights are real accurate, I got 6 45lbers and they all weighd exactly 45. The weider weights are odd sizes like 22lb, 33lb, 44lb, etc. so I may get rid of those. There all Iron weights atleast so no conrete and plastic. I also got some iron ones with rubber coating and color coated for what ever lb they are. I hauled home over 1200 lbs of plates so I think i can part with a few

chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chitown70 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

some bars are better than others

maybe the bars you have are all identical. if not try to figure out which ones are of higher quality. I don't remember exactly but I think the bars that have bolts in the ends are cheaper.
    Team Kelei

da bears, cubs, bulls

MAGA

Thx for the help, actually all of the bars are a bit different. One of them measures 7' 4", is that common on cheaper bars? A couple of them have allen head bolts in the end. The knurling on them looks real smooth and not like some where you can really tell where it stops and starts without a smooth cutoff line. I think the ends may be different also as one of them has a couple chrome chips and it's brass underneath. I guess as long as they work it doesn't matter so much but would prefer to keep the best of the worse if you know what I mean. Thx again!

HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000) HudsonHicks is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would just keep the two bars that are closest to 44lbs (20kg). Although, try them out for a while, as the bearings may be better in some of them.

I use a really cheap olympic bar (has allen key bolts at either end) and dont have any problems, although it weights only 16kg when it should weight 20kg.