Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

SuicideGripMe's Best routines!

Glenn Pendlay's WFW Program

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This program is basically a 4 day a week program, where the lifter works on the Snatch and Clean & Jerk on Monday and Thursday, and works on strength on Tuesday and Friday. We have found that 8 to 12 singles done on the Clean & Jerk and Snatch work well, with the lifter using between 65 and 85% of his/her maximum. Usually only one specified weight is used for each training session. A limited rest period is used, usually performing one rep per minute. This allows the lifter to work with a light enough weight to practice technique, yet still get a good workout. It appears from early results that this protocol works very well for building consistency in a lifters technique. The focus is to complete each workout with zero misses at the target weight before allowing the athlete to increase the weight in the next workout or next week (The athlete is not allowed to increase the weight after a workout with misses). Progression, variety and individualization are the keys on Tuesday and Friday. The athletes should perform exercises that work on their identified individual weaknesses (i.e, weak legs - concentrate on Squats, weak back - concentrate on Romanian Deadlifts, problems catching the snatch - include Snatch Balances, Overhead Squats, or Snatch-grip Push Presses). The variants are endless. Vary the reps, and vary the exercises, and always try to make new personal records on whatever strength exercise you are working on

Our Training programs for beginners are simple. A sample weekly workout for a first year, 12-13 year old lifter could look like this:

Monday

* 20 snatches
    * 10 clean and jerks
    * 3 sets of 3 front squats
    * 2 sets of 10 dumbell clean & press

Wednesday

* Snatch to roughly 95%
    * Clean and jerk to roughly 95%
    * 5 sets of 5 squats
    * Walking lunges, 2 sets of 40 yards each

Friday

* 20 hang snatches
    * 20 hang clean and jerk (could alternate jerk and power jerk)
    * 3 sets of 5 overhead squat
    * 3 sets of 10 bent press with kettlebell or DB

Thats right...I made a thread about this one already but its a classic!
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The KISS relative strength training method

Keep it simple stupid!

Until you've developed a foundation there is no need to use advanced training techniques. A greater frequency of training works particularly well for beginners and novice athletes. They need to develop the "skill" of the particular movements they're using and bridge the gap between their "actual" strength and "potential strength". For this type of trainee it can be beneficial to have 3 workouts per week using low reps. Unless you have at least 2 years of prior training experience I would use a split like the following:

Train 2-3 days per week and train the whole body at each session. Keep the total volume low.

Session A:

Deadlift

Bench press

Clean or Snatch

Ab movement

Session B:

Squat

Incline Press

Weighted Chin

Ab movement

*Alternate between session A & B.

Perform 2-3 sets of 2-3 reps, never to failure, using a step-type loading approach. Increase the weight for 3 consecutive workouts then decrease it for one and build back up.

Example:

session 1 100 x 2 x 3 (3 sets of 2 reps)
    session 2 105 x 2 x 3
    session 3 110 x 2 x 2

session 1 105 x 2 x 3
    session 2 110 x 2 x 3
    session 3 115 x 2 x 2

session 1 110 x 2 x 3
    session 2 115 x 2 x 3
    session 3 120 x 2 x 2

- Kelly Baggett (Higher-Faster-sports.com)
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

Bill Starr's 5x5

Exercise Sets x Reps Details

Monday
    Squat 5x5 Ramping weight to top set of 5 (which should equal the previous Friday's heavy triple)
    Bench 5x5 Ramping weight to top set of 5 (which should equal the previous Friday's heavy triple)
    Barbell Row 5x5 Ramping weight to top set of 5 (which should equal the previous Friday's heavy triple)
    Assistance: 2 sets of weighted hypers and 4 sets of weighted sit-ups

Wednesday
    Squat 4x5 First 3 sets are the same as Monday, the 4th set is repeating the 3rd set again
    Incline or Military 4x5 Ramping weight to top set of 5
    Deadlift 4x5 Ramping weight to top set of 5
    Assistance: 3 sets of sit-ups

Friday
    Squat 4x5, 1x3, 1x8 First 4 sets are the same as Monday's, the triple is 2.5% above your Monday top set of 5, use the weight from the 3rd set for a final set of 8
    Bench 4x5, 1x3, 1x8 First 4 sets are the same as Monday's, the triple is 2.5% above your Monday top set of 5, use the weight from the 3rd set for a final set of 8
    Barbell Row 4x5, 1x3, 1x8 First 4 sets are the same as Monday's, the triple is 2.5% above your Monday top set of 5, use the weight from the 3rd set for a final set of 8
    Assistance: 3 sets of weighted dips (5-8 reps), 3 sets of barbell curls and 3 sets of triceps extensions (8 reps)
    New Shanghai Log!

Powerlifting 3x3 (Stephan Korte)
    Phase I- Weeks 1-4 - High Volume Phase: By doing a lot of sets and reps you will reach a high volume during phase I. This set and rep scheme builds muscle mass, strength and helps to improve your coordination and technique on each of the competition lifts.

Summary: Phase I
    Day l
    squat: 5-8x5
    bench: 6-8x6
    deadlift: 5-8x5

Day 2

Day 3

The total number of workouts in phase I is 12. This is three workouts per week. Make sure to rest one day between the workouts and rest two days after the completion of one training week. I used to work out on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. With this approach I had two days off on the weekend which really helped me to recuperate.

You will squat, bench and deadlift in every workout. Yes - you squat, bench and deadlift three times a week. That’s too much? How do you know? Have you ever tried it? You will not be doing any assistance work, which means that you have all your energy available for the three competition lifts. By the way, I’ve worked with Olympic lifters and they train the squat six times a week. They break it down to four front squat sessions and two back squat sessions. In these workouts they used some heavy poundages. If these lifters were overtrained it is of no consequence because they won a bronze and a silver medal in the superheavyweight category at the 1988 Olympic Games in Seoul.
    The sets and reps are the same in every workout. Five to eight sets of five reps for the squat and deadlift and six to eight sets of six reps for the bench press.

You work with four different percentages during phase I, but you stay with one percentage for each training week. This means you will use a particular weight for each exercise and work with it for three workouts or one training week. The next week of training will have you using a higher percentage and therefore a higher weight. That way you increase the weights every week. Make sure to use no equipment, except a power-lifting belt.
    Phase II - Week 5-8 - Competition Phase: During phase II you will reduce the volume dramatically and increase the intensity week by week. This helps you to adapt to the heavier weights. You will use powerlifting equipment (suit, belt, wraps, and bench shirt) for every heavy lift (1-2 reps). The intention of phase II is to build power, maximum strength and improve your technique with heavy weight.
    As in phase I, the total number of workouts in phase Ills 12. There are also three workouts per week. Make sure to get plenty of rest between the workouts. You will still squat, bench and deadlift in every workout. The sets and reps in the daily workouts will vary. Each exercise is divided in two parts:

1. Technique and power training. You will be performing three sets of three reps for the squat and deadlift and five sets of four reps for the bench press. The training weight is 60 percent of your projected maximum and it and it will be con-stant for the next four weeks.

Maximum strength training. You will use 80-95 percent of your calculated maximum for one to two sets of one rep for each exercise. Train maximum strength on only one exercise per day. I used to max out as follows: deadlift on Monday (day 1), bench press on Wednesday (day 2) and squat on Friday (day 3).

Summary: Phase II
    Day l
    squat: 3x3
    bench: 5x4
    deadlift: 1-2x1

Day 2
    squat: 3x3
    bench: 1-2x1
    deadlift: 3x3

Day 3
    squat: 1-2x1
    bench: 5x4
    deadlift: 3x3
    #

While the percentages for the technique training will be constant, the percentages for the maximum strength training will be increased weekly by five percent.
    Next up: Part 2-The squat: High volume and competition phase. Until then: Good lifting! If you have further questions, feel free to call or write me. Also available for seminars.
    New Shanghai Log!

The Bill Starr Power Routine

MONDAY
    Squat – 5 sets of 5
    Bench – 5 sets of 5
    Powercleans – 5 sets of 5
    2 sets of weighted hypers
    4 sets of weighted Sit-ups

WEDNESDAY
    Squat – 4 sets of 5
    Incline Bench – 4 sets of 5
    High Pulls – 4 sets of 5
    Sit-ups – 3 sets

FRIDAY
    Squat – 4 sets of 5, 1 triple, back-off
    Bench – 4 sets of 5, 1 triple, back-off
    Powercleans – 4 sets of 5, 1 triple
    Weighted Dips – 3 sets of 5-8
    Triceps and Biceps – 3 sets of 8 each

Deadlifts, or Speed Deadlifts can be substituted with Powercleans if you so desire. Powercleans are pretty popular among football players for working on explosiveness. They are not as specific for the powerlifter, but they can add strength to your traps and shoulders as well as thicken up your back. They can also improve speed-strength.

The dips, bi’s and tri’s are what Bill called “Beach Work,” in that they tend to have a bigger cosmetic effect than squats or deads. The scheme for these varied by need and based on what I thought my weaknesses were. I went very heavy on the dips, for sets of 5, to help build up my triceps. Other guys did closegrips, or even added in some rowing movements for the lats. No matter what you pick, try and move quickly though this stuff, like one minute rests max.
    New Shanghai Log!

Big 3 Split Routine Training (Ed Coan)

MONDAY
    Squat, 3 warm-up sets, then 2 work sets
    Good Mornings 2 x 8-10
    Leg Press 2 x 8-10
    Leg Curls 4 x 8-10
    Sit-ups 3 sets

WEDNESDAY
    Bench, 3 warm-up sets, then 2 work sets
    Close Grip Bench 2 x 8-10
    DB Inclines 2 x 8-10
    Triceps Extensions 4 x 10
    DB Lateral Raises 2 x 12

FRIDAY
    Deadlift – Warm-up, then 1 work set
    Supported Rows 4 x 8
    Shrugs 2 x 8-12
    Hammer Curls 4 x 10
    Sit-ups
    New Shanghai Log!

These routines are simple and very power and strength driven. I love em. Hope this gives you guys some ideas.
    New Shanghai Log!

bump one more time
    New Shanghai Log!

ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShogunAssassin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for posting those.
    Life's too short to do bodypart splits.

NEW PR: 440 FRONT SQUAT!!!

Thanks bro, just wanted to give out some information.
    New Shanghai Log!

IRON ADDICTS STUFF (THIS GUY IS THE BEST OF THE BEST, REP HIM TO DEATH)

My Top 5 Lifting Routines
    I am often asked that even though I train people so many different ways I must have a favorite way to train. And I tell them that I do have a favorite way to train myself, but not a favorite way to train everyone because everyone is quite different and there truly is no “one size fits all” when it comes to training protocols, since what may be absolute magic for one guy, will be the worst possible option for another. That said I do have 5 different formats (and sub routines within them all) that fit an extremely large percentage of the lifters out there. Here they are if anyone is interested.

HARDGAINER/LOW VOLUME, LOW FREQUENCY ROUTINE
    This format is one that after everyone reads the routines, not one in 20 will pick this one, and the truth is, about 5-8 out of the 20 will do better on this one than any of the others. Why will no one pick it? It’s not “flashy” it doesn’t have a fancy name, nor will most guys ever believe it could be “enough” work after reading “Flex” and the like seeing the “routines of the pro’s”. Well the truth is those damn routines of the “pro’s” work for a select few and most guys reading this are not likely to one of those guys.

Day One:
    Dips or Bench Press 2 x 6-8
    Incline Press, or incline Fly 2 x 10-12
    Military Press, Or Hammer Shoulder Press 2 x 6-8
    Tricep (skull crushers) Extensions or Tricep Pushdowns 2 x 10-12
    Heavy Abs 3 x 10

Day Two:
    Pull-Up 3 sets to failure
    Barbell Row 2 x 8
    EZ-Bar Or Dumbell Curl 1 x 10
    Squats 2 x 10
    Deadlifts, or Stiff-Legged Deadlift 1 x 10
    Sub-Routine:

Here is another Hardgainer Style Routine done three days a week. TRUE hardgainers will do MUCH better on the two-day, as will many lifters with fairly good recovery.

Day One:
    Dips or Bench Press 2 x 6-8
    Incline Press, or incline Fly 2 x 10-12
    Military Press, Or Hammer Shoulder Press 2 x 6-8
    Tricep (skull crushers) Extensions or Tricep Pushdowns 2 x 10-12

Day Two:
    Pull-Up 3 sets to failure
    Barbell Row 2 x 8
    EZ-Bar Or Dumbell Curl 1 x 10
    Heavy Abs 3 x 10

Day Three
    Squats 2 x 10
    Deadlifts, or Stiff-Legged Deadlift 1 x 10
    Pull-Troughs, Glute/Ham Raises, or Reverse Hypers

ROTATING LOW/MID VOLUME ROUTINE
    Here is a routine that most anyone can pull off except for real hardgainers, that rotates every week. This allows more lifts to hit, allowing less monotony, and longer progress before a wall is hit from recruitment pattern burnout. You can also add a 3rd rotation of lifts if you like. This is an extremely solid way to train and is effective for a large variety of lifters. Again, many variations of this basic format are possible, and used dependent on the individual trainee.

Day one, week one
    Dips 3 x 10
    Incline Bench Press 3 x 6
    Lateral Raise 4 x 10
    Laying Tricep Extensions 3 x 8-10

Day two, week one
    Wide Grip Pull-Down/Up 3 x 8
    Chest Supported Row, or Barbell Row 3 x 8-10
    Barbell Curl 3 x 10
    Resistance Abs 3 x 10

Day three, week one
    Squat 3 x 6-10
    Leg Press 2 x 15
    Good-Morning or Stiff-Legged Deadlift 2 x 8
    Calf Raise RP 2 x 15/30

Day one, week two
    Bench Press 3 x 6-10
    Incline DB Press 2 x 10-12
    Military Press 3 x 10
    Tricep Pus-Downs 3 x 8-10

Day two, week two
    Supinated Grip Pull-Down/Up 4 x 8
    Dumbbell Row 3 x 10
    Dumbbell Curl 3 x 8
    Reverse Curl 2 x 10
    Hanging Leg Raises

Day three, week two
    Deadlift 1 x 8
    Safety Squat, or hack squat, 2 x 6-10
    Glute/Ham Raise 3 x 8
    Leg Press Calf Raise
    New Shanghai Log!

Gary F. Zeolla

3 Day Per Week Routine
    (Each Body Part 3x/Week)

This routine is done three days per week (such as Monday, Wednesday, Friday), alternating two different routines. Each powerlift itself is done every other workout, meaning it is done every 4-5 days. Each body part is worked to some degree each workout day, but in a different fashion. So the same muscle groups are worked every 2-3. With such a frequency, this a routine is probably best for a beginner to intermediate lifter. A more advanced lifter will probably find this routine works each body part too often.

The outline will be:
    Day One: Squat, Bench, Upper Back, Abs.
    Day Two: Deadlift, Bench assistance, Biceps, Forearms, Abs.

The lifts are:
    Day One:
    Squats
    Calf Raises
    Bench
    Dips
    Dumbbell Rows
    Lat. Pulldowns
    Crunches

Day Two:
    Dead Lift
    Stiff Leg Dead Lifts
    Incline Bench
    Dumbbell Bench Press
    Rotating Dumbbell Curls
    Reverse Curls
    Bike Ab Exercise (a combination of twisting crunches and reverse crunches, touching left elbow to right knee, and vice-a-versa. The legs move as if peddling a bike.)
    New Shanghai Log!

Gary F. Zeola CONT.D

4 Day Per Week Routine
    (Each Body Part 2x/Week)

This routine is done 4 days per week, such as Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday. Each muscle group will be worked every 3-4 days and each powerlift once per week. But the exact exercises to be used will vary between the two same muscle group days. So all exercises will only be done once a week, with a different exercise that works the same body part done on the opposite day. Such a routine helps prevent the body from adapting too quickly to a given routine.

The outline will be:
    Day One: Squat, Upper Back.
    Day Two: Bench, Arms, Abs.
    Day Three: Deadlift.
    Day Four: Bench Assistance, Arms, Abs.

The lifts are:
    Day One:
    Squat
    Pause Squats
    Barbell Rows
    Cable Pulls

Day Two:
    Bench
    Incline Bench
    Curls
    Crunches
    Bike Ab Exercise

Day Three:
    Deadlift
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts
    Leg Curls
    Calf Raises

Day Four:
    Band Bench
    Close Grip Bench
    Reverse Curls
    Decline Crunches
    Reverse Crunches

The main idea here is to follow up each powerlift with one major assistance exercise, then on bench assistance day to do two major bench assistance exercises. The upper back work on squat day offsets the upper back work on DL day. Arms and/ or abs could be done on squat and DLs days instead. But I have found the above split to work best as it keeps each workout about even in length.
    New Shanghai Log!

BIGGER FASTER STRONGER PROGRAM BABY (taken from scott_donalds thread and homer1's thread)

Week 1: 3x3
    Week 2: 5x5
    Week 3: 5-4-3-2-1
    Week 4: 10-8-6
    Week 5: repeat over at Week 1

Auxillary lifts: 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps

Stretch everyday for 10 minutes and twice on workout days

Monday: Front Squat or Box and Towel bench or incline
    Auxillaries choose 5: Str. Leg DL, Glute-Ham machine, DB jump squats, Neck, Power Snatch, Leg curls, DB Flyes, DB flat press

Tuesday: Box jumping plyos, sprint work, anything else you feel wil help you to succeed

Wednesday: Hex Bar DL and Power or Hang Clean
    Auxillaries: Barbell Lunges, Jerk Press, Leg Ext., wide grip pullups, Skullbashers, Tri. Pushdown, overhead tri. ext.

Thursday: same as tuesday

Friday: Parralel Squat and Bench Press
    Auxillaries: Str. Leg DL, Glute-Ham machine, Neck, balance snatches, calf excercses, barbell curl, DB incline curl
    New Shanghai Log!

Josh Etters "Grip Routine"

Sunday or Monday - grip specialization day.

* Pinch Gripping - 3 set of holds for 30 seconds
    * Gripper - 3 sets of 20,10,5 reps
    * Plate Curls - 3 sets of 10,6,4 reps

Tuesday or Wednesday - heavier grip day.

* 1 deadlift lockout in rack then hold till failure - 3 sets of 30,20,10 seconds
    * Plier Holding - 3 set of holds for 30 seconds
    * Farmers Walk - 3 times as far as possible

Friday or Saturday - normal hard gainer workout.

* Trap Bar Deadlifts
    * Overhead Presses or Bench Presses
    * Chins
    * Shrugs
    * Normal or Reverse Barbell Curls
    New Shanghai Log!

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Everyone should check this out....biz-ump.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

Oh bump bump for good luck!
    New Shanghai Log!

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    good compliation you got going here man, all these routines are top notch!(repped)
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

shreddedx10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shreddedx10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shreddedx10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shreddedx10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shreddedx10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shreddedx10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shreddedx10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shreddedx10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shreddedx10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shreddedx10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) shreddedx10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump...good **** right here

Thanks guys
    New Shanghai Log!

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Where are the BP splits?

Who was this love of yours?

Registered User dethmetalanimal's Avatar
    dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    this should be a sticky

romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) romeyjdogg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    Where are the BP splits?

What are those?

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Angry

Originally Posted by romeyjdogg View Post
    What are those?
    Who was this love of yours?

Haha, I put in the routines that worked for me.... I never liked bodypart splits, the science behind them, anything about them. So they were not included. My body is a single unit, strengthening one muscle a day at a time is pointless to me, I need to build overall body strength and lean muscle. Fullbodies, upper/lowers, push/pulls, thats it for me. Im not bashing volume or body part splits, Im just saying they dont work for me.
    New Shanghai Log!

My Intermediate Workout
    By Jesse Jobes a recreational powerlifter
    Remember to work ABS everyday with either weight or without. Keep form perfect on every rep and make sure to use 100% intensity with everything.

Day 1 Bench day
    Bench Press 5x5 (Warm-up then do 3 work sets increasingweight each set)
    DB presses 3x10
    Skullcrushers 3x10
    Pushdowns 3x10
    Lateral raises (front side bentover) 3x10
    Bent over rows or DB rows 4x10

Day 2 Squat day
    Squats 5x5 (Warm-up then do 3 work sets at sameweight increase weight each week) Remember to work on picture perfectform every rep
    Leg curls 3x10
    Hyperextions 4x10 (Add weight if you want to)
    Calve raises 5x10

Day 3 Aux bench day
    Incline or Decline presses 3x8 (alternate each
    week)
    DB extensions 3x10
    Pressdowns 3x10
    Lat pulldowns 4x10
    Upright Rows 3x10

Day 4 DL day
    Deadlifts 5x5 increase weight each set use Sumo
    or Conv.
    Powercleans 3x5
    Straight leg DL's 3x8
    Hyperextions 3x10 (add weight if wanted
    New Shanghai Log!

2 Day split Push/Pull Workout Routine

Push/Pull Workout Routine

This is a general workout plan. It can be used for building strength or muscle.

Pull (legs, back, biceps, & calves)
    1. Squats (and/or Deadlifts)
    2. Pull ups (or Lat pull downs) [optional]
    3. Bent over rows (or cable rows)
    4. Barbell curls
    5. Calf raises [optional]
    6. Side bends

Push (chest, shoulders, triceps)
    1. Bench press
    2. Shoulder press
    3. Incline dumbbell bench press [optional]
    4. Skull crushers (or maybe dips)
    5. Crunches or sit ups

Here is a schedule for doing 3 workouts per week doing each workout an average of
    1.5 times per week.

Week 1, Week 2,
    Mon:, Pull, Push,
    Wed:, Push, Pull,
    Fri:, Pull, Push,

Here is a schedule for 4 workouts per week doing each workout twice a week.

Mon: Pull
    Tue: Push
    Thur: Pull
    Fri: Push

Do both squats and deadlifts or alternate them in pull workouts for more recovery
    time. Going lighter on one lift and regular on the other lift is another option.

Here is an reduced schedule with 4 workouts per week.

Mon: (pull) Squats, Bent over rows, Barbell curls, & Calf raises.
    Tue: (push) Bench press, Incline DB bench press, Skull crushers, & Crunches
    Wed: agility and/or cardio day (or an off day)
    Thur: (pull) Deadlifts, Pull ups, Barbell curls, & Calf raises.
    Fri: (push) Bench press, Shoulder press, Dips, & Leg raises

Doing each workout more than 2 times a week for a long period of time is not
    recommended.

Contact Jeff Finlayson with suggestions for this workout routine.
    New Shanghai Log!

Heres the basic cardio program I used for grappling too.
    HIIT ROUTINE

Sprint Walk
    60 SEC 2 MIN
    60 SEC 2 MIN
    30 SEC 90 SEC
    30 SEC 90 SEC
    30 SEC 90 SEC
    15 SEC 45 SEC
    15 SEC 45 SEC
    15 SEC 45 SEC
    15 SEC 45 SEC
    10 SEC 30 SEC
    10 SEC 30 SEC
    10 SEC 30 SEC
    10 SEC 30 SEC
    10 SEC 30 SEC

Remember to warm up and cool down, and sprinting is considered ~70% of
    your VO2 max, basically put, you should feel like puking when you're
    done. While moderate endurance cardio will burn muscle as well as fat,
    intervals have been proven in studies to burn more fat and spare more
    muscle.
    New Shanghai Log!

Eric Stone's Peaking Routines

5 x 5 Peaking Program

Core Lifts: Squat, Bench, Deadlift

Core Lifts (14 weeks)
    5 x 5 @ 75%
    5 x 5 @ 77%
    5 x 5 @ 80%
    5 x 5 @ 82%
    5 x 5 @ 85%
    4 x 4 @ 90%
    4 x 4 @ 91%
    4 x 4 @ 92%
    4 x 4 @ 93%
    3 x 3 @ 95%
    3 x 3 @ 96%
    3 x 3 @ 97%
    2 x 2 @ 100%
    2 x 2 @ 102%
    Assists
    4 x 10
    4 x 10
    4 x 8
    4 x 8
    4 x 8
    4 x 6
    4 x 6
    4 x 6
    4 x 6
    4 x 5
    4 x 5
    n/a
    n/a
    n/a

Day 1: Bench, bench assists and shoulders
    Day 2: Squats, squat assists, upper back and core
    Day 3: Light bench—5 x 2 @ 80%, bench assists and shoulders
    Day 4: Deadlift, deadlift assists, upper back and core

Bench Assists: J.M. press, close-grip bench, weighted dips, scull crushers, DB press, incline press, rack lockouts, board press
    Shoulders: DB overhead press, push press, military press, front raises, hanging C&J

Squat Assists: Pause squats, front squats, split squats, 4-way hip
    Deadlift Assists: Platform DLs, rack pulls, keystone DLs, barbell holds, high pulls
    Upper Back: Lat pulldowns, DB rows, lat rows, pullups
    Core Work: Ab curls, back extentions, Russian twists, side bends
    New Shanghai Log!

FRANKIE NYS MASS PROGRAM
    THIS ROUTINE IS INTENDED FOR THE NATURAL TRAINER ONLY

Several of you have asked me for a good mass building program, so here it is. I've used this routine with many natural bodybuilders as well as professional football players looking to add some bulk in the offseason.

How many days a week? I've seen the best results with natural bodybuilders in a bulking phase on 3 days a week, training each exercise once a week. I know almost every program in the magazines you guys read will say 4 days a week, training each muscle twice a week, but my experience with hundreds of guys is that guys that train 4 days a week never make the same gains as the ones that train 3 days a week. If you train a muscle hard enough, you just can't recover in less than 6-7 days. Just because the soreness is gone doesn't mean that the muscle is recovered. 4 and 5 day splits are fine for cutting phases but not for bulking.

How to split things up? Push, pull, and legs seems to be the best split for most guys. Working shoulders with legs doesn't yield good growth in the shoulders because they end up overtrained. On push shoulders get hammered, on pull shoulders get hammered, and even working legs shoulders get hit.

Sets and reps? Like I said before, if you want to gain mass you need to stay around 5-6 reps. 4x6 or 5x5 are both good combinations. In my experience the guys that make better gains on 8-12 reps are advanced bodybuilders or are on drugs. I don't care if you feel a pump or a burn or whatever. That has nothing to do with size or strength, only momentarily pumping blood into a muscle.

Increasing your weights? You need to add weights to the bar every workout if you can. Going up in 2 � or 5 pound increments is great. You won't be able to add more weight each week, but that needs to be your mentality. Don't think about anything else but adding weight.

How long to stay on a routine? My experience is that around 8-12 weeks is best. Some guys say that after 6-8 weeks they've hit a plateau and need to change their routine. That's hogwash. Most of the time they've hit a plateau because they're not training hard enough or because they've added in more exercises than what's in my program and hinder their recovery.

DAY 1 � PULL

Deadlifts or Power Cleans
    Barbell Rows, Dumbbell Rows, or Wide Grip Chins
    Barbell Curls, Close Grip Underhand Chins, or Hammer Curls

DAY 2 � PUSH

Incline or Flat Barbell or Dumbbell Bench Press
    Barbell or Dumbbell Shoulder Presses
    Tricep Dips or Close Grip Bench Press

DAY 3 � LEGS

Front or Back Squats
    Barbell or Dumbbell Stiff Leg Deadlifts
    Calf Raises (3x12) - only if a seriously lagging bodypart
    Weighted Crunches or Weighted Hanging Leg Raises (3x12)
    New Shanghai Log!