Registered User MadridistaTerro's Avatar
    MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Combining Whey protein and Coffee

Has anyone tried mixing Whey protein with their coffee instead of milk to get rid of the excess sugars, only to find that it becomes clumpy and impossible to drink? :S

Well, I believe I've broken the barrier between seasoned coffee drinkers and people who just want the caffiene!

Step 1) Make your coffee as you normally do, filing it up somewhere just under 3/4 of the cup.
    Step 2) Pour it in 1 tablespoons of milk and stir it for 15 seconds to cool it a bit down. (The clumpiness is caused by the heat.)
    Step 3) Place 1 scoop of your Whey protein ( I use 100% ON Whey protein, mixes well.)
    Step 4) Stir it for 30 seconds. Switching up the direction every 5 seconds and pressing on the few clumps.
    Step 5) Enjoy!

It's nothing really and I don't believe I'm the first one to do this, but this is for people who haven't managed to kill two birds with one stone.

Just had it as a pre-workout, brb workout!
    Last edited by MadridistaTerro; 09-14-2013 at 03:54 AM.

avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Let me get this straight... you want coffee without the milk to avoid the carbs, so you add protein powder but it goes clumpy due to the heat. So the solution is to add milk? wat

You know you could just add a bit of cold water.

MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MadridistaTerro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by avodo View Post
    Let me get this straight... you want coffee without the milk to avoid the carbs, so you add protein powder but it goes clumpy due to the heat. So the solution is to add milk? wat

You know you could just add a bit of cold water.
    D'oh, my words didn't work in my favour. Sincere apologies about that. Well, let's just say instead of pouring a lot of milk, you put a splash. I thought this was brilliant since I always put a lot of milk in my black coffee.

That's another solution, I tried making my coffee to about 1/2 of my cup and then filing the other half with room-temp stirred protein powder. Didn't taste as good.

iLikeFoxes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iLikeFoxes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iLikeFoxes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iLikeFoxes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iLikeFoxes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iLikeFoxes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iLikeFoxes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iLikeFoxes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iLikeFoxes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iLikeFoxes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iLikeFoxes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    How does that even taste and what flavor of protein powder would you suggest?
    ▲▼▲5'8" Master Race Crew▲▼▲
    Late night workout crew

Immolate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Immolate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Immolate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Immolate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Immolate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Immolate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Immolate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Immolate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Immolate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Immolate will become famous soon enough. (+50) Immolate will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have been doing this for a while.

I don't have time to drink my coffee,
    Pwo, and protein. All down together.. PWO is fruit punch. Lol

Originally Posted by kenanbrah View Post
    I put milk in my black coffee. I haven't grown my manly taste buds to enjoy black coffee on it's own.

Originally Posted by iLikeFoxes View Post
    How does that even taste and what flavor of protein powder would you suggest?
    It tastes awesome! I've only used Rocky Road which I must say blends really well with the coffee. Try it with your next breakfast!

Originally Posted by Immolate View Post
    I have been doing this for a while.

I don't have time to drink my coffee,
    Pwo, and protein. All down together.. PWO is fruit punch. Lol
    Lurking around here, I thought the acronym PWO stands for "Post-workout". :O
    Last edited by MadridistaTerro; 09-14-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hunttarded has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why not just take a caffeine pill with a shake?

Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ali136 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whey-80 Ice Coffe contains 80mg of caffeine per serving, I have always bought Whey-80 with the Ice Coffe flavor for the extra added caffeine.

Originally Posted by Hunttarded View Post
    Why not just take a caffeine pill with a shake?
    If it's the same thing as adding it to your coffee, I find it more convenient to do so since I'd rather put my money into Whey and creating my own gym.

Originally Posted by Ali136 View Post
    Whey-80 Ice Coffe contains 80mg of caffeine per serving, I have always bought Whey-80 with the Ice Coffe flavor for the extra added caffeine.
    Hm, sounds awesome. I'll try it when I my tub runs out!

DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DamonX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try vanilla unsweetened almond milk
    It's 1 carb and 2.5g fat per 8floz

Don't the original unsweetened , tastes horrible.
    And Instant coffee works great , just throw everything in the blender with ice. Makes a good frappe

koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000) koloxid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i just eat whey by the spoonful and pour some water in my mouth and swallow
    <Made by Koloxoid>

Landybrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Landybrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Landybrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Landybrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Landybrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Landybrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Landybrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Landybrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Landybrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Landybrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Landybrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    idk why i'd be putting whey into my coffee bro, i only drink it pre-workout with my creatine

Originally Posted by DamonX View Post
    Try vanilla unsweetened almond milk
    It's 1 carb and 2.5g fat per 8floz

Don't the original unsweetened , tastes horrible.
    And Instant coffee works great , just throw everything in the blender with ice. Makes a good frappe
    Hm, I'll try to find it in my next supermarket run.

Originally Posted by kenanbrah View Post
    As soon as you put milk into it, it's no longer "Black" coffee. Black coffee is coffee without any milk or sweeteners, just water.
    Aha, I guess it's just coffee then. Apologies!

Originally Posted by Landybrah View Post
    idk why i'd be putting whey into my coffee bro, i only drink it pre-workout with my creatine
    If you're a person who Int. fasts, you'd know since it's only allowed to have some coffee and some amino acid capsules or whey in the morning to get you through your fasting time, and this seems to be a brilliant way to chug it all in. Other than that, there is nothing wrong with having some protein right in the morning to my extent of knowledge.