orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10)

opinions needed on heart rate, (HIIT) and fat loss, possible changes required

Does anybody have an opinion on the following changes i am planning for my cardio?
    Objective loose fat at a quicker rate +/- 22lbs still to go. 100lbs lost to date

Age 52
    +/-220 lbs
    Male
    Resting heart rate 60bpm actual

I know that according to the h/rate figures i have posted i am at max/hr but don?t be concerned i have been doing this for 26 week and i am still alive, i am using the dig reading on the bicycle as an indicator not as a true reading, i think it is reading high by about 10bpm

Routine 1 (three time a week present)
    20 min cardio stationary bicycle, start setting tension level 6 for 2 min increase 1 level every 1 min up to level 10 tension, then reduce tension to 7 and repeat cycle level 7 to 10 four more time with a 1min at level 6 tension at the end, heart rate going from 70 bpm (true reading 60bpm) at start to 152 (true reading 142bpm) then to 165 (true reading 155bpm) on each cycle, min 18 to 19 flat out heart rate goes to 173 on the indicator (true reading 173bpm). Distance travelled on the 20 min 7.4 miles at ave 22.2mph.
    Fall off the bicycle gasping for air, drop to the floor in a sweaty mass and say out loud I love cardio and I can not wait for my next session, cardio is my friend.

Thinking of changing to the following

Routine 2 (three time per week planned)
    20 min cardio stationary bicycle tension 5, 30 sec lower rate than all out and then 30 sec all out repeat for the full 20 min.

Also would anybody like to comment on what sort of heart rate I should be aiming at for on my planned Routine 2 and indeed should I change to the new plan?

orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10) orsum is on a distinguished road. (+10)

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Somebody must have more knowledge than me on this subject?

Please, advice is most welcome

This is how i see it after trying both.

ROUTINE 1
    20 min cardio constant speed 20 min increasing tension setting from 6 to 10 x 4 cycles
    Hr 152 to 165bpm
    Cal burnt 405
    Distance travelled on the 20 min 7.4 miles at ave 22.2mph.
    Fall off the bicycle gasping for air, drop to the floor in a sweaty mass and say out loud I love cardio and I can not wait for my next session, cardio is my friend.

ROUTINE 2
    20 min cardio stationary bicycle tension 6 fixed, 30 sec lower rate than all out and then 30 sec all out repeat for the full 20 min.
    Hr 162 to 173bpm
    Cal burnt 320
    Distance travelled on the 20 min 8 miles at ave 24mph.

Conclusion

in general i seemed to recover quicker on routine 2 possibly because i burnt less cals (energy) but both routines felt the same, very like hard work, i did not feel any different 1 hour later.

what next keep on routine 2 for about 4 weeks and see how it goes.

I will increase the tension setting on routine 2 by 1 until i bring the distance travelled to the same as routine 1.