Registered User NewYorkGiants24's Avatar
    NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Need help in creating a workout plan suited for me. Seeking advice. Please read.

Hey everyone,
    This is my first post in these forums. I'll start by introducing myself. My name is Brandon, I am 15, approx 130 pounds, 5'5, and skinny. I am skinny, but I have a decent build right now and I can definitely see myself being huge in a few years. I have been working out for about a year, inconsistently though. I used to do a lot of circuit training as a beginner. I familiarized myself with free weights starting around late 2009.

Now that you have a bit of background info on me, I'd like to continue by telling you that I am a VERY picky eater. I have a low tolerance for tastes, I guess I just have bad taste buds. I am a poor eater, and for most days I get by with eating a muffin for breakfast and then maybe a chicken wrap or something in the afternoon, and that's IT. As a part of creating a workout plan, I would like to create a meal plan as well. Today, I've considered trying Scott Herman's meal plan services (I can't post links, but you should be able to Google 'scott herman meal plan service' or something like that. It's found on his personal website [scotthermanfitness]).

Now as far as the gym and workouts, I have tried to follow a schedule, but that becomes hard sometimes with other things in my life such as work. I do not have any programs or planned workouts, I just go to the gym thinking, "Hey, I haven't done legs in two weeks, so I'll do them today" and then I'll throw in whatever workouts I can think of that I know are good. Last week I followed a lot of Scott Herman's full workouts. And for reps and sets, it always varies for me. Sometimes I'll do warmup sets, sometimes I'll do drop sets, sometimes I'll go until muscle failure. I don't really have anything planned out, I kinda just go with the flow.

Also, I have considered getting a personal trainer. I know they are expensive, but I don't know how expensive, where to look, and how to know if I'm getting what I am paying for. (I live in NY, if anyone knows of any great personal trainers. Dutchess County to be exact. PM me for more details.)

So here I am, seeking help and knowledge from all of you experienced weightlifters. And if you have read all that, then you must really want to help, so I appreciate it. Thanks guys.

EDIT: The supplements/vitamins I am taking are Optimum BCAA's, Animal Pak (once a day), and Revolution Macalibrium (honestly I'm not sure why I'm taking this, I think my mom got it for free or something, I have a feeling it's something that is unnecessary for me). I am NOT taking protein shakes for a few reasons. I have already tried a few kinds of protein shakes. It seems that either I get an allergic reaction to some (my throat feels like it itches and tightens), or I cannot tolerate the taste of them. Since I am not getting enough protein from foods (since I hardly eat) should I most definitely try to take a protein shake?
    Last edited by NewYorkGiants24; 07-09-2010 at 07:35 AM.

canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50) canyonracerx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Read the faq's and eat! You don't need a diet plan you just need to eat!!! Build the foundation than worry about the finish work. At 130lbs you have a long way to go before you need a serious laid out diet.
    Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125391261

NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) NewYorkGiants24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by canyonracerx View Post
    Read the faq's and eat! You don't need a diet plan you just need to eat!!! Build the foundation than worry about the finish work. At 130lbs you have a long way to go before you need a serious laid out diet.
    Thanks man. But about working out... is it alright what I'm doing now or should I be more organized and have a set program / plan?

tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50) tms.1978 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hey man, you need a plan for eating AND training otherwise you are gonna come back here in 3 years and say
    "hey I'm back and a never grew" look into the rippetoes plan for training, and learn to eat. good luck.
    Dream in light-years,
    Challenge miles,
    Walk, step by step

"I did basic 3x5 workout and got good strength and size gains, so now I'm doing high volume"-Anon

Beginners:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112574351

Bango's Arnold/Park thread:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112649251

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Get on a structured routine, and get over your 'picky eating,' or else find another hobby. If you still think bodybuilding is for you, do some reading:

*Routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

*Mass Gain Nutrition: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbin...=MassGainDiets
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Well I think I am past that Rippetoes and beginner programs. And I do not want to be working out every other day, I want to just workout any and everyday that I can. And usually I get my rest days on the weekend since I have work.

ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50) ltbs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NewYorkGiants24 View Post
    Well I think I am past that Rippetoes and beginner programs. And I do not want to be working out every other day, I want to just workout any and everyday that I can. And usually I get my rest days on the weekend since I have work.
    You have failed before you have even begun............failed to read the other answers and failed to research, so you will fail in your goal to "be huge in a few years..............."

Swallow your ego and get on the "beginner's" routine for 1 year with solid diet and technique, then re-assess your goals/plan.

Wants To LiftNoodBrah Nullery76's Avatar
    Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nullery76 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ltbs View Post
    You have failed before you have even begun............failed to read the other answers and failed to research, so you will fail in your goal to "be huge in a few years..............."

Swallow your ego and get on the "beginner's" routine for 1 year with solid diet and technique, then re-assess your goals/plan.
    This.

you won't improve thinking you're above anything. Basic and begginner workouts work. do 'em
    BANG BANG ALPHA GANG

Nullery76 and Ryandrummer's B.B.A.G. Bulking Log!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135204521

Originally Posted by ltbs View Post

It has nothing to do with ego...? I just feel like the beginner programs don't do anything for me (I've tried Rippetoes). And most of the beginner programs involve going every other day... I just rather go everyday... it gives me something to do when I'm not working or with friends. I also prefer to do mainly one body part a day.

I've done my research as well. I'm not done researching either. You can never get enough research, and everyone has something different to say.

Also, since I am bulking, how much cardio should I be doing? I'm trying to get a six pack, and I can already see my abs but I want to make them show more. I do not know my body fat, but I know that even though I am skinny I still need to lose fat on my stomach so that my abs bulge.

And thanks for the help and advice so far guys.
    Last edited by NewYorkGiants24; 07-13-2010 at 08:43 AM.