uml has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

#Now: uml's Journey

Happy Labor Day.

I'm getting the ball rolling on the preliminary health phase of a "comprehensive plan" I threw together. The ultimate goal of that plan is to, in less-than poetic terms, un**** my life. This thread will log what I may deem to be significant information pertaining to that process. Feel free to chime in, relay your experiences, show support, or even call me out on being naive. "Hate" to your heart's content, through PM, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't **** up my thread.

About me:
    5'11", 22, 290
    Fatty since I was a young'in. Milestones I recall include 123 at 8 years old, easily above 250 around 13.
    Highest I've read on the scale was 307.
    Lowest I've gone in recent memory was the low 260s.

I've made progress on a couple of occasions in the past 5 years, but have returned to my old ways.

Now, I feel as though I've reached the point where it's now or never. If I fail in this effort, it will be a great setback, and I will be very ashamed.

My plan for the time being is to follow Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss diet and add in barbell training.

I tried RFL once before, but I didn't last. I believe that I've sorted out the reasons why I was unsuccessful, and this time, going into it with a different understanding and mindset. I feel that both, together, will allow me to see results by different metrics, allowing me to stay focused and motivated.

I will say that in the last time I did RFL, I lost a lot, very quickly, and continued losing even after I broke the diet. It took months to undo 10+ days of progress. I know it works.

I have goals set. For now, beyond RFL, nothing, Re:The How, is concrete. I have a few ideas, and am compiling them for a more sustainable regimen.

It's been a long weekend with little sleep for me, so this is where it ends, for now.

Feel free to ask questions.

*Wrote this last night, guess I forgot to submit it

Update:

As of right now, I'm not doing RFL. I don't have all the supps I need, and can't get them right now. Also, I'm about as close to flat broke as you can get. I was notified Sunday about some fraudulent charges on my Debit card. I had the bank put a freeze on it. Problem is, my bank is back home (Where I'm originally from), 225 miles East, and I have no car. So they have to send it. And then, yesterday, they get hit with flooding on an unbelievable scale. From pics, I'm betting the main branch is under at least treading water-if you can say that about a building. Similar event happened in '06, they called that the flood of the century. Now, water is going higher in some places. Le sigh.

Basically, right now I'm subsisting on a couple pounds of ground beef (73/27), some bacon and eggs that were in my fridge. After that, I have some chicken in the freezer.

I'm more or less fasting throughout the day. At most, I have a small snack or two.

When I transition to RFL, I plan on eating just one meal a day. Last time, that was usually at night, between 7 and 9. Last time, I ate solely Chicken. It got monotonous. This time, I plan on adding beef into the mix, and eggs maybe once a week. I'm going with the 80/20 approach on this one. I believe that little bit of fat won't kill me, it's the carbs that will knock me out of keto.

Last go-round, I stuck to Chicken because I thought that since it was the leanest possible(feasible) meat source, it was better. Again, it was bland and monotonous.

Hopefully my financial situation works itself out in the coming days...

I had a conversation yesterday with a coworker who tried very hard to dissuade me from following the RFL protocol. I fully realize that this tactic is not ideal, however, I don't believe I'm risking all that much by following the plan for a month or so. (I plan on doing it for 30 days at first, then re-evaluating, moving forward)

His most basic criticisms were regarding the fact that I plan on doing it with IF. Also, the idea of an E/C stack bothers him.Other than that, he told me it was foolish to go Cold Turkey from my previous lifestyle...

Thoughts?

Update

The last time I weighed myself prior to today was 2-3 weeks ago. I weighed in at 288 I believe. (I was under the influence) I can honestly say that I didn't watch what I was eating up until last Monday, when I got home from Philly and realized I'd be cut off from my money.

Over the past week, I've taken the opportunity to experiment with extended fasting and a VLC diet. I'm not on RFL yet, as I still have food that doesn't fit its macros, and I'm not about to waste what I have. My diet has pretty much consisted of eggs, bacon, ground beef, peanut butter and whatever freebies I could scrounge up in my travels (Some Starbursts, a cookie, and beer). Oh, and a sub that I bought the other night.

I weighed in today at 274, a loss of 14 pounds.

I may have shot myself in the foot a bit, because I scrounged up some change and got a couple of bad meals today.

Approximate breakdown of what I've eaten today:
    2,470 Cal
    122g Fat
    235g CHO
    97g P
    Roughly 45/40/15, with rounding.

Kinda disappoint in myself, but it was more of an experiment to satisfy my own curiosity. To be honest, neither meal tasted great. I experienced something similar last year, about 5 days into RFL. I think your mouth loses the taste affinity for crappy food, and rather quickly at that. The downside is that you can also pick it back up quickly. I ate around 4pm, I plan on fasting through to tomorrow night, as a tax of sorts.

Objective met, time to continue the mission.

I tried to transfer money out of my one bank account into my local. I think that goes through tomorrow, so I can do some shopping.

As an extra note: [This just happened]

TIL that the date on an Egg carton is a sell by, not expiration.

My roommate notified me that the date on the eggs I had been using was August 17th. I honestly hadn't been paying attention, but I know the eggs I had been using didn't seem bad to me. Nonetheless, I was a bit concerned, so I tried the float test on the last remaining good egg in the carton (other was cracked). It bobbed a bit, but stayed submerged. 2 mins later, Google confirms my suspicions.