Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

What does being a good wife mean to you?

This was a topic in the rant and it should be interesting.

What should you do/not do that makes you a good wife?

Men post here what you want in a wife and what would be expected of them.
    Last edited by *dwest*; 09-17-2008 at 09:47 AM.

XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sex at least once a day is a must.

Likes to watch action movies.

Hangs out at the gym with me sometimes.

Must like video games.

We can hire a maid to do the dishes and clean house.

(I guess I want a guy that looks like a girl.) What the?????????

Taken and not looking LatinaLoca's Avatar
    LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by *dwest* View Post

Hey D how about a thread for the men too? What they feel makes a good wife and what makes one wife material vs. just girlfriend???
    Sheepdog # 16
    ...she's an angel with no halo and one wing in the fire...
    ~If you can't bother to thank somebody for the help they gave don't bother asking for it again.~
    TwiloMike, never forgotten. RIP
    "Strength and power are only gained through perseverance." Tryn2getstrong

*dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) *dwest* is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by XCONKILLER View Post

Must like video games.

I think we're made for each other.

Chuck and Larry?

Originally Posted by LatinaLoca View Post
    Hey D how about a thread for the men too? What they feel makes a good wife and what makes one wife material vs. just girlfriend???
    I just edited.

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Must like video games.

You had me with the maid.....

Hm, what do I do that I think makes me a good wife? I listen. I show an interest in things that he likes. I am always the person he met the first time (though that can be a bad thing, too - haha). I don't take any crap from him (believe it or not, this is a good thing - he'll even tell you that). I make sure he knows where he stands with me. Those are the deep ones.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XCONKILLER has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think we're made for each other.

Chuck and Larry?
    That movie is pretty good. Especially when the big black dude comes out of the closet.

fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

She's doing it right
    It starts out easy, something simple, something sleazy, something inching past the edge of the reserve.
    Now through lines of the cheap venetian blinds your car is pulling off of the curb. Just when you think you're in control, just when you think you've got a hold, just when you get on a roll, here it goes, here it goes, here it goes again. Oh, here it goes again. I should have known, should have known, should have known again, but here it goes again. Oh, here it goes again.

Taken and not looking LatinaLoca's Avatar
    LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LatinaLoca is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by fusionchick View Post

She's doing it right
    OOOO I LOVE her shoes!!!!
    Sheepdog # 16
    ...she's an angel with no halo and one wing in the fire...
    ~If you can't bother to thank somebody for the help they gave don't bother asking for it again.~
    TwiloMike, never forgotten. RIP
    "Strength and power are only gained through perseverance." Tryn2getstrong

kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Men post here what you want in a wife and what would be expected of them.
    things a good wife should do:
    able to wrestle and play and laugh
    able to trust
    have dinner on table when hubby gets home (i enjoy doing this)
    compromise on things he likes ( action movies ) and vise versa
    Let hubby feel in control and feel like the protector
    keep in good shape for hubby
    pray for her husband
    being a good mommy
    communication

not do:
    not be jealous or naggy
    let self go
    have the last word (although i do this.. he hates this!)hehe
    runnerkelly
    check out my DAILY progress on my blog:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=189934211#post189934211

fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500) fusionchick is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LatinaLoca View Post
    OOOO I LOVE her shoes!!!!
    yeah they are hot. Speaking of shoes I've decided to sell my franken boots that I posted in the sexy shoe thread..someone better buy these bad boys! posted on craigslist so hopefully that will help
    It starts out easy, something simple, something sleazy, something inching past the edge of the reserve.
    Now through lines of the cheap venetian blinds your car is pulling off of the curb. Just when you think you're in control, just when you think you've got a hold, just when you get on a roll, here it goes, here it goes, here it goes again. Oh, here it goes again. I should have known, should have known, should have known again, but here it goes again. Oh, here it goes again.

Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Oh wow, I expected a serious thread Oh well, I'll dampen the mood, sorry.

This is what I will aim for, and what I think of when I imagine a good wife:

- being a fair and nurturing mother to his children

- being reasonable and willing to compromise

- not being rash

- upholding the family's name and status in the community

- being willing and able to serve and aid him when needed

- helping him to make good and righteous decisions

- always being able to lend a hand when he is working, or lend an ear when he seeks advice

- being reliable

Originally Posted by fusionchick View Post

She's doing it right
    So if we got married you would do that everyday? Or just once.

That movie is pretty good. Especially when the big black dude comes out of the closet.
    I'm every woman.
    Originally Posted by kgitaitis View Post
    able to trust
    pray for her husband
    being a good mommy
    communication

not do:
    not be jealous or naggy
    let self go
    Very good post, you are a winnar.
    Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    Oh wow, I expected a serious thread Oh well, I'll dampen the mood, sorry.

This is what I will aim for, and what I think of when I imagine a good wife:

- being a fair and nurturing mother to his children

- being reasonable and willing to compromise

- not being rash

- upholding the family's name and status in the community

- being willing and able to serve and aid him when needed

- helping him to make good and righteous decisions

- always being able to lend a hand when he is working, or lend an ear when he seeks advice

- being reliable
    I always like your posts, you would make a great wife I think.

So if we got married you would do that everyday? Or just once.
    Stretching should be done daily

ummmmm delicious user18799886210's Avatar
    user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    able to trust
    pray for her husband
    being a good mommy
    communication

not do:
    not be jealous or naggy
    let self go

Looking for a husband?

tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Trustworthy
    Sexually adventurous
    Good/loving mom
    Minimize nagging(you can never get rid of this with a woman)
    Lady in the street and freak in the bed
    Does her fair share(either work, housework, or combo of both)
    Intelligent
    Sense of humor- ie I am very sarcastic, can't be too sensitive

Those are the basics, obviously we have to be compatible.
    "Don't say nothing, just do it."

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I find it funny that the women are posting some stereotypical responses and the men aren't. If being a good wife depends on my domestic skills and being somewhat subservient, I may as well give up.

Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post
    I find it funny that the women are posting some stereotypical responses and the men aren't. If being a good wife depends on my domestic skills and being somewhat subservient, I may as well give up.
    They are very good responses though, I think I'll rep these women.

HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HeatherAC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Easy. Women want love and affection, but men tend to seek respect and admiration more. So, just respect the man and his position as the dominant partner and admire him for his strengths. Done.

Oh, and keeping up with the domestic duties never hurts. Sex doesn't count, because it should never be thought of as a chore.

They are very good responses though, I think I'll rep these women.
    I'm not poking fun, I just found it interesting. Especially since I am someone who sooooo does not fit that mold.

KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KennyK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dressing and acting like a whore

until we go to church.

sandy131 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sandy131 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sandy131 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sandy131 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sandy131 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sandy131 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sandy131 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sandy131 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sandy131 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sandy131 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sandy131 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My mum = perfect wife

never complains and does everything my dad or any of us kids ask! always there to listen, love and give best advice! unconditional Love u cant beat it!
    I've always made a total effort, even when the odds seemed entirely against me. I never quit trying; I never felt that I didn't have a chance to win. - Arnold Palmer

Everyone dies but not everybody lives.

kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10) kgitaitis is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post
    i am a wife and these are things i personally enjoy doing,not because my hubby said so, or i was told to do these thing, but because i know these things make him happy and they make me happy doing them.
    runnerkelly

i am a wife and these are things i personally enjoy doing,not because my hubby said so, or i was told to do these thing, but because i know these things make him happy and they make me happy doing them.
    I'm not judging. Like I said, I just found it interesting that the men haven't posted those things given some of the conversations you see around here. Everyone is different.

ummmmm delicious user18799886210's Avatar
    user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000) user18799886210 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sandy131 View Post
    My mum = perfect wife

never complains and does everything my dad or any of us kids ask! always there to listen, love and give best advice! unconditional Love u cant beat it!
    changing your pic again I see...

so did you go to spain yet?

Originally Posted by sandy131 View Post
    My mum = perfect wife

Lucky man.
    Are you from the south?

I am and it seems more women in my area are like this, I'm just trying to make this determination.

tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tryn2getstrong is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Lucky man.

Are you from the south?

I am and it seems more women in my area are like this, I'm just trying to make this determination.
    My wife's from Eastern KY(rural south), I don't cook, clean or do laundry.
    "Don't say nothing, just do it."

bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000) bambifox is just really nice. (+1000)
    A good wife:

1. never withholds sex from her man or object to oral sex
    2. handles domestic household chores (or supervises it, ie maid)
    3. cooks for her man
    4. gives him his space (tv show, football game, etc.)
    5. doesn't bitch too much
    6. is not clingy or overly jealous/insecure
    7. keeps herself in the best physical condition possible (let's face it...it's fraud when you yoke em in trim and fit and let yourself go into hog heaven)
    8. good mother to his kids...
    9. becomes his BEST friend (putting no other before him)
    10. puts her hubby's feelings before her own

Yup..this covers most of the serious ****! NOW...before I start hearing all the "this is subserviant" ****...lemmee just adlib here and say...if you do ALL THESE THINGS for a man...and he LOVES YOU (important factor here)...you will GET all the things your heart desires from this MAN.
    Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions of the above poster and solely hers and do not necessarily reflect the view of all woman in the universe. In other words...if you don't agree..STFU and think what you like!

MACA makes you lift heavier than ever and hornier than a beast...I LOVE MACA!

DESCRIMINATION S*CKS...BUT FABULOUSNESS TRUMPS ALL!

JAWS22 is my BF...yeah...ya heard it right!
    Thanks BB.COM!

Lucky man.

Are you from the south?

Georgia, born and raised. All women aren't like this??
    runnerkelly