EmilyDavis223 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cycling Exercise benefit

Hi there, as part of my fitness regimen, I primarily ride outside, but I'm considering giving indoor cycling a shot as well. But just out of curiosity, what are the advantages of exercising both inside and outside?

aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by EmilyDavis223 View Post
    Hi there, as part of my fitness regimen, I primarily ride outside, but I'm considering giving indoor cycling a shot as well. But just out of curiosity, what are the advantages of exercising both inside and outside?
    As an avid cyclists, here is my take:

Outdoor Cycling: The way cycling is meant to be enjoyed. It's just great to get outside and ride. Plus, it lends it self to group rides. I ride with "the boys" 3 to 4 days a week, which has a huge social component, and is just more fun than riding by yourself. Plus, with road, gravel, mountain, and fat bikes, you can ride outside all year around if you so desire, and we do.

Indoor Cycling: Has it's place as follows: Helps you maintain fitness when you can't ride outside. It is easier to do "Structured" training indoors on a trainer, ie specific interval and Zone 2 training, and sometimes, it is simply more convenient, less gear to get prepped and ready, and when you're done, you're done. No need to load the bike on your car a drive home from wherever the outdoor ride started.

Both have there place for the year around cyclist.