Elvn12thrtn14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is this a 5-Day or an 8-Day Workout Split ?

I recently learnt about the Push Pull Leg workout routine. I enjoy taking the weekends off from my job and a mental break from training. While following this effective training approach, I would also rather not get caught-up in excessive training and allow my body more time to repair. Hence weekends off works around my preferred schedule. Below is the training schedule I've planned and would like to know if this would be called a 5-Day or an 8-Day workout spilt.

Additional Information: I've planned the push, pull, leg workout to continue after the rest day, following from the last force type performed on Fridays.

WEEK 1:
    Saturday – Off
    Sunday – Off
    Monday – Push
    Tuesday – Pull
    Wednesday – Legs
    Thursday – Push
    Friday – Pull

WEEK 2:
    Saturday – Off
    Sunday – Off
    Monday - Legs
    Tuesday – Push
    Wednesday – Pull
    Thursday – Legs
    Friday – Push

WEEK 3:
    Saturday – Off
    Sunday – Off
    Monday – Pull
    Tuesday – Legs
    Wednesday – Push
    Thursday – Pull
    Friday – Legs

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What's your training experience? If you're well past the novice stage and want to give it a try, PPL is fine to mess around with and might be effective for you. I prefer upper/lower.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

Elvn12thrtn14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    What's your training experience? If you're well past the novice stage and want to give it a try, PPL is fine to mess around with and might be effective for you. I prefer upper/lower.
    I've been in the Gym for 3 months now. I usually train 3 days with a group HIIT program and sometimes an extra day on my own. I should be following my own program rather than stick with the group where I can't build muscle well.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I recommend doing a full body novice program like Fierce 5 or All Pro and leaving PPL for when you have a lot more experience and can decide whether it's going to be a good approach. You'll actually make gains slower on PPL and you aren'tat the point where you should be doing your own programming. Agreed that your current training is probably doing very little to help you build muscle.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #79 ▪█─────█▪

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sometimes I feel like people focus their attention on the wrong things when they make their own progams.