slackerguy101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Question about abs and belly buttons

Hey I’m new here to the forums. There’s allot of info here! Awesome stuff!
    I lifted very heavy especially my abs (weighted crunches) and put on some mass a couple months ago (thought I'm still a bit of a slacker when it comes to the gym). I’m on a cutting phase now. I've got great results I have a 4 pack, but when the lighting and shadow is just right I have a 6 pack lol

I understand about thoroughly searching the forums before posting a question. So far I haven't seen a topic for this so I hope this hasn't been asked yet, and I really don't know where to post this so here goes. . .

I’ve noticed allot of bodybuilders, athletes, and even people who just work out that have tight hard abs, seems to have a slight protrusion of their navels and have “outies.” I’m not making fun of anybody with an outie or anything! (I dated a girl that had one, cute, good stuff) I haven't paid much attention to this before, but I realized it when I started doing my abs with heavy weights and loosing body fat. When I flex my abs I can feel what seems like a "bubble" of air (or something else) directly behind the base of my navel. When I relax my abs it goes away. Now that I'm cutting, my stomach is getting tighter, and now my belly button is getting that lean and tight appearance as well. I can even take my fingers and stretch the skin away from the center of it, and it almost pops out. :-0 It's an alien!!

My question is. . .

Is it "normal" to get an outie just by your abs developing and loosing belly fat?

Do your abdominal muscles somehow push something underneath it out? I honestly don't mind to have an innie an outie or an alien!! I'm just going for the ripped abs!

Has anybody here or somebody you knew ever started out with an innie or outie and when your body changed during lifting, your navel became the exact opposite of whatever it was?

I was just wondering about this the other day while I was working out, any input would be appreciated thanks!!

Prove you're worth a damn DJohnson's Avatar
    DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000) DJohnson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hah, weird question.

I'm still an innie.
    History: Mar, 2001: 135lbs @ ~14% | Nov, 2004: 245lbs @ ~40% | Dec, 2006: 168lbs @ 5.5%ish | Nov, 2008: 177lbs @ 5.5%ish | Dec, 2016: 179lbs

yeah really it is rather unusual! thats why I was asking, to see if it has happened to others. My other guess would be an umbilical hernia, but I don't think this is the case.

Exclamation Bump, also to Moderators:

I'm just going to give a bump on this for any additional input or thoughts.

If this becomes an issue I will go to the doctor, only if it causes pain, if it is in fact a hernia.

Moderators: If you think this thread is improperly categorized please move it to a proper category (however I think it is because I am losing fat!!). Though I did not see a subject for health concerns. Thanks again

Registered User inHYPHENcorrect's Avatar
    inHYPHENcorrect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Thank You For Sharing This. I Had The Same Question:

Originally Posted by slackerguy101 View Post
    Hey I’m new here to the forums. There’s allot of info here! Awesome stuff!
    I lifted very heavy especially my abs (weighted crunches) and put on some mass a couple months ago (thought I'm still a bit of a slacker when it comes to the gym). I’m on a cutting phase now. I've got great results I have a 4 pack, but when the lighting and shadow is just right I have a 6 pack lol

I understand about thoroughly searching the forums before posting a question. So far I haven't seen a topic for this so I hope this hasn't been asked yet, and I really don't know where to post this so here goes. . .

I’ve noticed allot of bodybuilders, athletes, and even people who just work out that have tight hard abs, seems to have a slight protrusion of their navels and have “outies.” I’m not making fun of anybody with an outie or anything! (I dated a girl that had one, cute, good stuff) I haven't paid much attention to this before, but I realized it when I started doing my abs with heavy weights and loosing body fat. When I flex my abs I can feel what seems like a "bubble" of air (or something else) directly behind the base of my navel. When I relax my abs it goes away. Now that I'm cutting, my stomach is getting tighter, and now my belly button is getting that lean and tight appearance as well. I can even take my fingers and stretch the skin away from the center of it, and it almost pops out. :-0 It's an alien!!

My question is. . .

Is it "normal" to get an outie just by your abs developing and loosing belly fat?

Do your abdominal muscles somehow push something underneath it out? I honestly don't mind to have an innie an outie or an alien!! I'm just going for the ripped abs!

Has anybody here or somebody you knew ever started out with an innie or outie and when your body changed during lifting, your navel became the exact opposite of whatever it was?

I was just wondering about this the other day while I was working out, any input would be appreciated thanks!!
    I know that this is a very old thread, but I had the same question and didn't want to ask myself. Also, outies seem to be frowned on by society, but I never liked having a black hole stuck on my abdomen.

I don't think I have ever noticed any other athletic men with innies, unless they were bulking and probably weighed 200+ pounds. I'd rather be ripped instead of bulk. But anyways to answer OP question: Yes, outies can form as the result of skin firmness and decreased body fat. Or more specifically, the navel will not be as deep as it was before. This sounds perfectly normal; I do not care about society opinions.

That bubble I have noticed also, especially back when I stretched the skin around it with my fingers to see what everything looked like once firmed or "ripped". Then the bubble (or "button") appeared again. Flexing and stretching also does this. I would rather not have an "alien". I am still going for the successful look once abs have completed.

No Umbilical Hernia. That is an exaggerated "diagnosis". They do not have hernias unless they are painful.

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    outie is not normal, it is leftover scarred umbilical cord or a hernia.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Registered User inHYPHENcorrect's Avatar
    inHYPHENcorrect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation That Is The Perfect Example Of What I Just Said:

Remember when I said umbilical hernias are over-diagnosed? and then immediately after I say so somebody else who thinks they are a doctor has spread the same lies I am trying to stop from happening.

Does anybody know what a real umbilical hernia is?! They look more like a small breast; completely different from an outie. In other words an umbilical hernia is a HUGE lump on the abdomen where navel is supposed to be. The lump is about the size of a tennis ball, NOT MARBLE.

If anybody is "cutting" then they will most likely have an outie. It is completely natural and has little to do with healing of the umbilical cord and has nothing to do with hernias. (that is a completely different condition). The reason why you don't see them very often is be cause everybody is "bulking". The only reason why somebody says it is not normal is be cause they are bullies.

Topmop1146 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dude i just did my first cut ever after a 5 year perma bulk and i started freaking out cuz my belly button was half in half out. im glad i read this i thught the mk677 was making my intenstines grow too muxh lmao