Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Cutting till April '09 RubberGuard's Avatar
    RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Cutting on Keto 9th Jan - 3rd Apr

I started my cut on the 9th Jan and will run it for a duration of 12 weeks.

Starting weight:- 204lbs
    Current weight :- 193lbs

I'll mainly be tracking my training on this log. My routine from today is as follows:-

Monday:- AM Empty Cardio, PM Chest/Triceps

Tuesday:- AM Empty Cardio

Wednesday:- AM Empty Cardio, PM Back/Biceps

Thursday:- AM Empty Cardio

Friday:- AM Empty Cardio, PM Delts/Traps/Abs

Saturday:- AM Empty Cardio, PM Legs

Sunday:- AM Empty Cardio or REST

I've ordered a Myotape measure and will add in measurements as soon as it arrives. Off to the gym now, update later.
    Train hard and heavy, nail your diet, get plenty of rest.

RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10) RubberGuard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Did my morning cardio which consisted of 45 mins (normally an hour but I was short on time) walking at 3.5mph on a 6 incline (machine goes up to 10).

Breakfast was lame, 130g Tuna + 1 tablespoon mayo.

I was feeling a little bit sadistic today so I decided to switch back/biceps for legs. Everything was going fine till I felt a twinge in my lower back during 100kg squats after 1 rep. Felt the same pain on the 3rd set of lying leg curls. Hopefully be ok next week.

Leg Extensions:- 40kg/15 63kg/15 102kg/10 116kg/10

BB Squats:- 20kg/15 60kg/10 100kg/1

Lying Leg Curls:- 40kg/10 50kg/10/5

Seated Leg Curls:- 42kg/10 49kg/10 56kg/10 73kg/10

Standing Calve Raise:- 106kg/15 113kg/10 126kg/10 133kg/8

Seated Calve Raise:- 156kg/10 163kg/10 177kg/15

Cable Crunches:- 50kg/50/50/50

Machine Crunch:- 12/10/8

Hanging Leg Side Raises:- 12/12/10

PWO Shake followed by (1hr after) 120g Chicken breast, 98g Broccoli, 15g grated extra mature cheddar cheese.

Ok, weight loss has become somewhat stagnant this week. I haven't budged from 193 so i'm planning on switching something up, possibly transitioning to the Palumbo diet?

As in my first post i've upped my cardio to 6/7 days starting from yesterday so might see if that gets things moving again. I've also been doing once a fortnight carb loads so maybe this is where i'm going wrong? Will definately switch this to once a week after my refeed on sunday.

From reading through a lot of cutting logs/journals most people seem to be using a "fat burner" of some sort so i've started a light ECA stack (30mg Ephidrine, 150mg Caffeine, 300mg Asprin).

My girlfriend and I have a wedding to attend in Aiya Napa on the 30th of June, hence wanting to identify problems asap to get things moving again.

thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hello mate, do you only eat 2 meals a day then? As in your second post?

We seem to be at very similar places with stats and stuff. All the best!

When did you start?
    "It's all about getting back up"

LOL no I eat 5-6 meals a day.

Meal 3:- As meal 2 without the broccoli

Meal 4:- 4 eggs scrambled, 1 tablespoon flax oil.

Meal 5:- TBA

I'm a bit of a night owl admittedly so not ideal when trying fit in my daily nutrition. Making a conscious effort to get to bed and wake up earlier as of tonight.

Started 9th January @ 204lbs (14.5 stone )

Been trying fortnightly carb loads but weight loss seems to have ground to a halt this week. Did Keto before with weekly carb loads which yielded consistent weight loss so will switch back to that protocol and see what happens.

Do you have a Keto Log?

thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) thesilent1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yes I do; feel free to drop by and read the crazy world of the silent1! lol

What part of UK you at; I am in Northampton (M1)

Originally Posted by thesilent1 View Post
    yes I do; feel free to drop by and read the crazy world of the silent1! lol

What part of UK you at; I am in Northampton (M1)
    Already visited bud.

I'm in Scotland, we got hit by 8 inches of snow last night

Well the scales finally budged today, down to 191lbs. I am now 4 weeks into my cut and have dropped a total of 13lbs. Looked a lot leaner in the mirror this morning so i'm extremely happy with my progress so far. I can safely say that this cut is becoming fun!

Cardio

45 mins, 3.5mph @ 6 incline, 450kcals.

Decided to lower my cardio duration to 45 mins and bump it up to an hour later on in the cut. Energy levels were high today and really resisted the urge to do some HIIT.

Nutrition

1. 130g Tuna, 2 tablespoons mayo, 90g lettuce.

2. 120g Sirloin steak, 120g portabello mushrooms topped with 30g extra mature cheddar.

3. 120g Sirloin steak, 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil, 500mg fish oil, 1000mg vit-c, 500mg glucosamine chondroitin, multi vit

4. 120g Sirloin steak, 90g lettuce, 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil.

5. 4 Medium eggs, 100g broccoli, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.

6. 150g chicken breast (1 hour before bed)

The appetite suppressive effect of this diet along with an ECA stack has TKO'd my hunger in a big way. Might be wise to run the stack 2 weeks on 1 week off and then run it all the way through the final 4 weeks.

Looking forward to hitting delts and traps tomorrow.

*EDIT* Looks like it'll be 6 hours of cardio tomorrow, sunshine and 5mph winds, snowboarding session beckons!
    Last edited by RubberGuard; 02-05-2009 at 10:35 AM.

looking god dude!

Yeah got the snow bad today; same 8inches of it!!! So stayed at home with my son and made snow men!!! lol

I am so jealous of your success!!! How many cals are you eating in total?

I think I have not been eating enough cals; have changed that though.

I'm eating around 1800-2000 on non lifting days and 2000-2300 on lifting days.

My weight loss did stall this week and I thought it was down to too big a deficit or not doing a carb load often enough. Since I dropped weight i'll keep going with the current format and see what happens next week. Waiting for my myotape measure so I can use measurements, weight and the mirror to track progress.

I have a start photo and i'll take a 1 month progress photo tonight. Not sure when/if i'll post them, they're pretty nasty! LOL!

Pics can't be as bad as mine mate; did you see them?!?! Infact don't!!! lol

So have you NOT had a carb up then?!?!?!? I have been carbing up every 2 weeks (not very clean though)

Are your pics on bodyspace?

Yeah i've been doing fortnightly carb loads, second load is on sunday. First one was clean, sunday will be a dirty-ish.

Nice one mate; all the best. shattered now

Roads were closed due to too much overnight snow so had to sack snowboarding and stick with the program.

Cardio

30 mins, 3.5 mph @ 6.5 incline. 15 mins HIIT (4 mins 6.25 mph/ 1 min 9.56 mph x 3)

Weights

Seated DB Press 12kg/17 16kg/15 30kg/10 32kg/6 26kg/6

Standing DB Front Raises 12kg/20 14kg/20 16kg/20

Seated DB Rear Delt Ext 12kg/10 14kg/10 16kg/8

Machine Rear Delt Ext 35kg/10 42kg/10 49kg/8

BB Front Shrugs 60kg/20 100kg/10 160kg/10 200kg/6 220kg/4

BB Rear Shrugs 60kg/15 100kg/10 130kg/10 160kg/8

All DB weights quoted are for each hand and I always train without belts straps etc. I do use chalk, much to the cleaners displeasure lol.

Felt awesome in the gym today, HIIT went down a treat and strength is going back up. Hopefully gain a rep or two on all my heavy sets next week.

Myotape has arrived will take measurements and update later.

Tell me about it mate; went to the gym and it was shut!!!! Damn them! lol

Dropped my son off at nursery and 30mins late they ring me to come and pick him up as they are closing; then took me 45mins to do my normal 10min journey.

Was fun watching cars playing "dodge ems" with each other! lol even old bill cars were joining in the fun! lol

some serious numbers there mate; 32kg db press & 220kg shrugs!!! Dude!! nice one.

I miss the gym today; feel like I have been robbed! lol

That sucks, i'd be seriously pissed if my gym did that to me. Kick up a fuss and demand a months free membership!

We''re getting hit with more snow just now bro, it's coming down thick and fast! Planned a snowboarding session tomorrow but at this rate the roads will be closed again.

PMSL, we're prepared for the snow up here dude, not much bumper car action! Would be class to see cop cars bouncing about the place!

Been up to 40kgs for seated DB press, will definitely get back there after this cut. Calorie deficit kills my strength and stamina. Shrugs are at an all time high just now not sure whats going on there....

Thats what I mean; Sky news had it that Scottish people were laughing that england was at a standstill cos of the snow when you guys get that kind of snow every single time; its so rubbish here!!! LOL

The gym had better be open tomorrow cos I have a lot of catching up to do.

jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    id drop the A from your EC. can cause some problems, and EC is just as effective.

other than that, good job and good luck!
    keto is for lovers.

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113568721

Originally Posted by jecristragedy View Post
    id drop the A from your EC. can cause some problems, and EC is just as effective.

other than that, good job and good luck!
    I've used the stack before with good results and no problems.

Um, lol, i've probably just jinxed myself! Ok i'll drop the A from the stack and add it back in for the final four weeks.

Thanks for dropping in and thanks for the encouragement.

Cardio

6 hours snowboarding @ a very intense level!

I finally got my first session of the year, although weighing in at 191lbs is far from ideal for the sport! Lots of energy sapping off piste riding and some seriously fast on piste action has left me totally knack'd! As good as any depletion workout IMO, if not better.

I wonder how many kcals I burnt today....

Another session planned for tomorrow on a different mountain, looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by RubberGuard View Post
    Cardio

6 hours snowboarding @ a very intense level!

I finally got my first session of the year, although weighing in at 191lbs is far from ideal for the sport! Lots of energy sapping off piste riding and some seriously fast on piste action has left me totally knack'd! As good as any depletion workout IMO, if not better.

I wonder how many kcals I burnt today....

Another session planned for tomorrow on a different mountain, looking forward to it.
    This sounds more like fun than a work out mate!!! LOL I am just jealous ofcourse

I've used the stack before with good results and no problems.

Um, lol, i've probably just jinxed myself! Ok i'll drop the A from the stack and add it back in for the final four weeks.

Thanks for dropping in and thanks for the encouragement.
    I have heard so much about this stack but never tried it. I think I will give it a go but will have to drop the A as I am on warfin (blood thinners) for life so need nothing else turning my blood into water.

How much of E and C do you take and where do you get the E from anyway!?!?!? lol

I have heard so much about this stack but never tried it. I think I will give it a go but will have to drop the A as I am on warfin (blood thinners) for life so need nothing else turning my blood into water.

How much of E and C do you take and where do you get the E from anyway!?!?!? lol
    Warfarin? Do you have an artificial heart valve or something?

I start with 30mg E + 150mg C + 300mg A twice a day. Once my body starts getting used to it I bump it up to 3 times a day. Again once that becomes ineffective i'll bump up the E to 60mg twice a day and so on.....

Lol, E (HCL) is available on the "black market". But there are alternatives:-

http://www.musclefinesse.com/eph-25-eph-25-offer.aspx

I never used it but it clearly states Ephidrine content.

Warfarin? Do you have an artificial heart valve or something?

I start with 30mg E + 150mg C + 300mg A twice a day. Once my body starts getting used to it I bump it up to 3 times a day. Again once that becomes ineffective i'll bump up the E to 60mg twice a day and so on.....

Lol, E (HCL) is available on the "black market". But there are alternatives:-

http://www.musclefinesse.com/eph-25-eph-25-offer.aspx

I never used it but it clearly states Ephidrine content.
    "artificial heart valve" LOL!!!!!!!! Nothing that exciting. I suffer from DVT (deep vein thrombosis) so have to take medication to thin my blood.

I will have to see where I can get some from the "black market" lol

Cheers mate; off to bed now.

Cardio

5 hours snowboarding @ a very light level

Had my girlfriend with me today so took it very easy while she practiced.

Today is carb load day, last carb meal is gonna be between 8-9pm.

Hey dude; have a great evening.

Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Phil147 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Cardio

5 hours snowboarding @ a very light level

Had my girlfriend with me today so took it very easy while she practiced.

Today is carb load day, last carb meal is gonna be between 8-9pm.
    Ah snowboarding . Going away for spring break next week snowboarding, and I'm very excited. Best of luck with the diet!

How did the meal go last night by the way; do we need to call the Keto police or not!! lol

How did the meal go last night by the way; do we need to call the Keto police or not!! lol
    LOL, Michelin quality eating is pretty damn clean. Everything down to the wholemeal bread is made in house so absolutely no added preservatives.

Here's how it went:-

Wild crab and sea bass tortellini (was meant to be ravioli but they'd run out)

Whole roast poussin served on mushroom risotto

Ice cream and sorbet selection

Also had 3 small rolls, 4 glasses of water, 3 pieces of in house made chocolates, 1 Amaretto Sour, 1 Tom Collins...

We both thoroughly enjoyed our meal and we're both straight back to Keto living.