TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout Logs: What do you use and what do you document?

About ten years ago i was using the "APEX Exercise Log" which was part of the Apex Fitness and Nutritional Analysis System.

Unfortunately, their program did a complete makeover and now you document your training via their website, which is useless to me because i dont have a computer at the gym to document my workout as it occurs and dont want to be repititious by writing stuff on paper and then transfering into computer.

So i am trying to find a good log book. Something that is about 5x7 in size, that i can fill in the blanks but that doesnt ask too much info.

The Apex Exercise Log i had documents the following:
    1. Week
    2. Date
    3. Exercise
    4. Columns for each set (1-6)
    5. Each column field documents Reps and Weight.
    6. Cardio Exercise (check mark which exercise listed)
    7. Duration of Cardio Session
    8. Target Heart Rate of Cardio Session
    9. Training Supplementation List with Before/After box (lists BCAA, Creatine, Glutamine, Lipotropics and Transports, Thermogenics)
    10. Notes

It was a very simple log, the best part is that you can continue on the next line if you did more sets.

So i am looking for something that looks quality good but still very basic.

The homemade ones i see on the web are amatuerish. And some of the purchasable logs that i tried are very specific to a diet. Like the Body For Life Journal which is written specifically for people who follow BFL program and thus i cant use it for anything else.

It was

bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10) bxbombers is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i like to just take some notes at the gym,, then i have a log on my computer.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just bring a college bound notebook, write the week in the header, the date next to each workout. Looks something like this:

week 3

4/18 Wed: Weighted pullups- 35x8,8,8 -
    DB rows- 85x8,8,8 +
    etc.

The +/- are for if I feel like I should move up, stay the same, or use less weight the next week.

Temporizer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Temporizer has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I put it in my phone. :P

TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheCaptain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bxbombers View Post
    i like to just take some notes at the gym,, then i have a log on my computer.

One thing i find valuable about having a printed log book is that i can review previous workout sessions to make adjustments.

For example, I am looking at my journal from 1997. I flip to the beginning of the logbook and see that on January 10th, 1997 (week 1) i was doing Bench Presses for 10 reps at 110 lbs. Jump ahead to April 4th, 1997 (Week 13) i was doing 10 reps at 380 lbs. Jump ahead to January 8th, 1998 and i was doing 10 reps for 425 lbs.

So by flipping through this log book, i can see my entire progress over a years period of time.

I miss having that information readily available at my fingertips.

Dont get me wrong, i tried the internet based log books (i use calorieking.com) and i simply dont like them for the reasons you mention. That you document the stuff on a pad and then type it in the system later on.

So i am looking for a good quality printed log with a firm cover that helps add suport when writing in the journal etc.

The problem is that a few of the popular logs have way too much info in it. More data then i want to log. And others have too little data.

bbcoliver has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

APEX Workout Log pages

I kept my Apex workout logs. I can scan and email copies of blank pages to you if you want.

Terry

Unfortunately, their program did a complete makeover and now you document your training via their website, which is useless to me because i dont have a computer at the gym to document my workout as it occurs and dont want to be repititious by writing stuff on paper and then transfering into computer.

So i am trying to find a good log book. Something that is about 5x7 in size, that i can fill in the blanks but that doesnt ask too much info.

The Apex Exercise Log i had documents the following:
    1. Week
    2. Date
    3. Exercise
    4. Columns for each set (1-6)
    5. Each column field documents Reps and Weight.
    6. Cardio Exercise (check mark which exercise listed)
    7. Duration of Cardio Session
    8. Target Heart Rate of Cardio Session
    9. Training Supplementation List with Before/After box (lists BCAA, Creatine, Glutamine, Lipotropics and Transports, Thermogenics)
    10. Notes

It was a very simple log, the best part is that you can continue on the next line if you did more sets.

So i am looking for something that looks quality good but still very basic.

The homemade ones i see on the web are amatuerish. And some of the purchasable logs that i tried are very specific to a diet. Like the Body For Life Journal which is written specifically for people who follow BFL program and thus i cant use it for anything else.

It was[/QUOTE]

bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Retardo-pex View Post
    I just bring a college bound notebook, write the week in the header, the date next to each workout. Looks something like this:

week 3

4/18 Wed: Weighted pullups- 35x8,8,8 -
    DB rows- 85x8,8,8 +
    etc.

The +/- are for if I feel like I should move up, stay the same, or use less weight the next week.
    Pretty much this except i got a planner book thing from Wal Mart that has a couple days on each page with room for exercises and notes. Last a whole year for $7, small, and holds my pen.