Scostin is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Questions about PPL

Hey!

When doing PPL PPL, should for example both push days have the same exercises or switch up some of them?

Also when doing legs the day after pull day are u overtraining ur legs?

When i do conventiantional deadlifts I can't stop myself from starting in a squat position and I also have a tendency to push my hips up really high first and lift most of the weight with my lower back. Any tips to prevent this?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Scostin View Post
    When doing PPL PPL, should for example both push days have the same exercises or switch up some of them?
    Either, there's no set rule. If you do the same exercises, you might want to vary some rep ranges between the two days.

Also when doing legs the day after pull day are u overtraining ur legs?
    Depends on what you're doing on Pull day and Leg day, and how much. You can do Legs after Push day if you want.

When i do conventiantional deadlifts I can't stop myself from starting in a squat position and I also have a tendency to push my hips up really high first and lift most of the weight with my lower back. Any tips to prevent this?
    Don't start in squat position, position the bar and your body/hips properly (most likely back and up a little) and pull the slack out of the bar before you start. Post a video if you want more accurate feedback for whatever you're doing.

If I for example deadlift 3x10 on pull day and squat 5x8 + leg press 2x12 the day after. Would my legs need more recovery after the pull day before i train my legs or is it okay since it's only 3 sets?

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My question is why do you want to be lifting 6 days per week?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If I for example deadlift 3x10 on pull day and squat 5x8 + leg press 2x12 the day after. Would my legs need more recovery after the pull day before i train my legs or is it okay since it's only 3 sets?
    You know your body better than me, or just give it a try. And don't squat your DL.

Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    OP, he wants you to do an U/L, which actually will solve your dilemma by default.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You know your body better than me, or just give it a try. And don't squat your DL.

OP, he wants you to do an U/L, which actually will solve your dilemma by default.
    Anything that's 3-4 days not a bro split.

Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Because I've gotten addicted I'm trying to bulk up and lifting keeps me focused on my goal. I always lose interest in eating healthy and a lot when I dont lift every day basically. It's weird I guess, but it keeps me going.

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Either. I normally keep it essentially the same, but switch the isolation exercises a bit and mess with the rep ranges
    BP: 280
    SQ: 455
    DL: 585
    Bodyweight 185

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What is your available time like? I'm basically on call M-F from sunrise to well after dark. I don't know what free time I'll have, so I do a PPL 3 day workout in the 5 days between Monday and Friday. Sometimes I work out 3x a day...rush chest:go to work. rush shoulders:go to work. rush Tris: go to work. Same thing with pull day and leg day.

Weekends I'm not so busy. So I do Upper and Lower on Sat and Sun without any interuptions.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you’re pulling anything substantial, I REALLY hope you aren’t doing 3x10 deadlifts. That just sounds like death to your lower back and well, death in general.

As far as recovery goes, that really depends on YOU. What is YOUR recovery like? That is what will determine how hard/often/when you can train.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Because I've gotten addicted I'm trying to bulk up and lifting keeps me focused on my goal. I always lose interest in eating healthy and a lot when I dont lift every day basically. It's weird I guess, but it keeps me going.
    You do not have to spend an exorbitant amount of time in the gym to “bulk up” which I assume you mean build muscle.
    You don’t get bigger from working out, but by recovering from working out and letting your body adapt. I’m

Also, you say you always lose interest in eating healthy. I get it, it is hard but al that hard work in the gym will be for not if you don’t keep your eating relatively clean. You will not “bulk up”, you will just get fat. Trust me, been there and I’m still trying to cut.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're addicted but you lose interest?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    If you’re pulling anything substantial, I REALLY hope you aren’t doing 3x10 deadlifts. That just sounds like death to your lower back and well, death in general.

As far as recovery goes, that really depends on YOU. What is YOUR recovery like? That is what will determine how hard/often/when you can train.
    Really? I do 3x8 reps on deadlifts. I'm not lifting big weights yet but I am adding 2.5 kg to the bar if I get all 8 reps on all three sets. My workout routine is this: https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-...rkout-routine/