Thread: D4 Good?

Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

D4 Good?

Been playing Diablo 4 lately with the new season that came out about a week ago. So far I've found it to be a great improvement over the other Seasons... people are describing it as "what Diablo 4 should've been at launch."

Major differences I've noticed...

- Capstone dungeons are a little too easy tbh
    - Helltide is pretty much the only thing you'll do the entire time until you get to WT4
    - The season quests are boring but thankfully short
    - Items have less affixes out the gate now, but the "upgrade system" to gear has been totally revamped to what's called "tempering" and "masterworking." Basically adding extra affixes from useful lists... as opposed to what it used to be, which was just dumping gold into an item that increases its current affixes numbers. The heart of why this season is good.
    - To add to the above point, this makes gear upgrades easier and you won't feel inclined to sit on a lower ilevel gear with "optimal affixes" for too long.
    - I've only done a couple nightmare dungeons but from what I've seen and heard, the dungeon layouts, quests to complete them, and affixes/debuffs for them are less annoying.
    i7-14700k
    360mm AIO Liquid Cooler (Maingear)
    4080 SUPER Founder's Edition
    2x16GB 6000mhz DDR5 CL30
    2TB Samsung 990 Pro
    Corsair GA 850W Gold
    MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI

Everything I write is NOT financial advice.

rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its the best Diablo experience you can play. Prior to this was Season 2, but other than that this Diablo Season 4 is the best.

Super mob density, helltides start from level 1.

You can level up and try out different builds and characters without feeling like you wasted time. It will take you like 1 hour to get to level 30 if you jump in helltides and don't worry about gear and just sell everything and jump back in.

That should be enough to figure out your class/build for your play style.

I'm loving the upgrade system, and the automatic codex system where once you got an item, that affix is unlocked forever to be reused. Basically you find a good legendary at like lvl 30 with a great high percentage affix you want, you can keep putting that high percentage affix on your gear forever, prior to this it was a one time use so you felt like you didn't want to upgrade your gear or didn't want to "waste" your affix while leveling up because you need to place it on an end game item.
    *** Free Thinker Crew ***

*** Herbert The Future GOAT Crew ***

*** HTC ***

TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just made a thread about this the other day. Season 4 is a blast. Such a huge improvement in the game. I have played diablo 4 more than any other game in prob the last 3 or 4 years. This is what i expected diablo 3 to be when it came out. The expansion comes out late this year with a new class. I cannot wait.
    "As I was going up the stair, I met a man that wasnt there. He wasnt there again today, I wish he would go away."

~Dallas Cowboys~ ~Oklahoma City Thunder~ ~OU Sooners~

***Big Dik Dak Crew***

✰ WE RUNNIN' ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰ WE RUNNIN' ✰

Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I tried really really hard to enjoy it.

But it's just worse than Path of Exile in like every way except graphics.

Unless you're more of a casual player (i'm not talking down on being one). Diablo is easier to get into and learn by far, but not anywhere near as much depth.
    *Dallas Cowboys Crew*
    *Eats Pizza Crust Crew*
    *Eats the Booty Crew*
    *HTC Certified*
    *Rawdog Crew* *Vasectomy Crew*
    *From Fat to Dad Bod, still trying to improve Crew*
    *Always Picks 4 Crew*

Fukin mall cop neg police of piss

SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SirFapsAIot has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    didn't that game drop off almost immediately

also it's blizzard
    AP5 / PRO-Fap

Make Misc Great Again JustiNtense's Avatar
    JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JustiNtense has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    D4 is a game for people who don’t like video games but are addicted to drugs.

Nonstop dopamine hits and colors and particles on the screen at all times. Never coming down from a high because getting that hit constantly.

*this is a good game because it makes me feel good and warm*
    "Even through the darkest days, this fire burns, always."

The pessimist complains about the wind
    The optimist expects it to change direction
    The realist adjusts the sails

whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SirFapsAIot View Post

also it's blizzard

this?

i thought it was supposed to be a d2 successor, where d3 was absolute trash, d4 was supposed to fix all the blunders and make us all forget about d3. is it just as good as d2/lod was?

can you sell items or gold for actual cash? in game or outside game
    2014 Misc Resolution: Negging no pics (screen captures of text don't count as pics)

HairyWBush Reps for life - Hamster Compassion: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181804893

ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ispy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Tried it for about half an hour on s4, and gave up. a bit closer to being similar to d3, but still boring after beating the campaign. have had very little interest to try any new games in the past year or so.
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JustiNtense View Post
    D4 is a game for people who don’t like video games but are addicted to drugs.

Nonstop dopamine hits and colors and particles on the screen at all times. Never coming down from a high because getting that hit constantly.

*this is a good game because it makes me feel good and warm*
    That's why I like Path of Exile. Non stop colors and particles on the screen at all times, but immediately getting kicked in the fuking nut sack because it's never what you fuking want to drop, so you drop into a pit of despair and cling to hope that some day... some day.
    *Dallas Cowboys Crew*
    *Eats Pizza Crust Crew*
    *Eats the Booty Crew*
    *HTC Certified*
    *Rawdog Crew* *Vasectomy Crew*
    *From Fat to Dad Bod, still trying to improve Crew*
    *Always Picks 4 Crew*

Fukin mall cop neg police of piss

Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Visel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I reached level 100 on my minion necro yesterday, currently still doing nightmare dungeons and the pit for Masterwork materials. Attempted Uber Lilith a bit ago but got wrecked... did more damage than I thought I would, will try again after some more masterworking and glyph upgrading. Considering switching my build up, so saving some well rolled items in the stash till I got a full set to transition to.

Originally Posted by Tanerian View Post
    I tried really really hard to enjoy it.

But it's just worse than Path of Exile in like every way except graphics.

Unless you're more of a casual player (i'm not talking down on being one). Diablo is easier to get into and learn by far, but not anywhere near as much depth.
    Did you try the latest season though, or solely the older content? I think by now in Season 4 there's enough complexity to keep gamers playing even after reaching level 100... the "greater affixes", the pit (materials for masterworking), tempering, killing bosses to get materials to summon greater bosses (like duriel) for uber unique farming, uber lilith and nightmare dungeon farming for glyph exp, leaderboard attempts. All that together is at least way more complex than the base D4 game. Less complex than POE by far though, and also less complex than Last Epoch. But not too far behind Last Epoch IMO.

Originally Posted by whitepaper View Post
    this?

i thought it was supposed to be a d2 successor, where d3 was absolute trash, d4 was supposed to fix all the blunders and make us all forget about d3. is it just as good as d2/lod was?

I think people are saying it's about as good or similar to D3. I've gotten a few nice items that I sold for millions of gold on the D4 discord. Haven't seen/heard anything about RWT though.

Originally Posted by ispy View Post
    Tried it for about half an hour on s4, and gave up. a bit closer to being similar to d3, but still boring after beating the campaign. have had very little interest to try any new games in the past year or so.
    Same. NGL Diablo 4 Season 4 has been fun, but it feels like it's still missing a couple things. Can't really put my finger on it, but end game could use another layer or 2 of complexity. I like where Blizzard moved the game towards though.
    i7-14700k
    360mm AIO Liquid Cooler (Maingear)
    4080 SUPER Founder's Edition
    2x16GB 6000mhz DDR5 CL30
    2TB Samsung 990 Pro
    Corsair GA 850W Gold
    MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI

Everything I write is NOT financial advice.

BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BraneyGumble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SirFapsAIot View Post

also it's blizzard
    Nah, it printed 700 milli in a week or so and people keep returning for the seasons.

RMAH thankfully didn't make a return after its short lived course in D3. I guess one can try illegal methods, but not sure if it's worth it.

this?

D2 was dogschit until the overhaul a year or so after the release of LoD and while D3 was a mess on release, it eventually got fixed.

D4 - although having a plethora of issues - was in a much better state at release than both of them, and while S1 and 3 were crap, now it's pretty damn good.

TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TalonBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BraneyGumble View Post
    Nah, it printed 700 milli in a week or so and people keep returning for the seasons.

RMAH thankfully didn't make a return after its short lived course in D3. I guess one can try illegal methods, but not sure if it's worth it.

D2 was dogschit until the overhaul a year or so after the release of LoD and while D3 was a mess on release, it eventually got fixed.

D4 - although having a plethora of issues - was in a much better state at release than both of them, and while S1 and 3 were crap, now it's pretty damn good.
    This man knows his Diablo.
    "As I was going up the stair, I met a man that wasnt there. He wasnt there again today, I wish he would go away."

~Dallas Cowboys~ ~Oklahoma City Thunder~ ~OU Sooners~

***Big Dik Dak Crew***

✰ WE RUNNIN' ✰ OFFICIAL MISC RUNNING CREW ✰ WE RUNNIN' ✰