Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Serious Questions for Serious Builders

Alright so I have a compilation of questions I've been meaning to ask this site for a while now that Ive written down in my phone and now finally I'm going to ask them. I figured because the questions are so wide spread I'd just make one post in Teen because its far easier then making 10 different topics in their respective forums.

Let me just give some background information about myself if that will help:
    Im 5'11 165 pounds, 15%BF, just started working out again after coming home from university about a week or two ago (havnt worked out since senior year of highschool but I was 185 pounds then with 10% BF so I have the muscle memory (or is that a myth?) So while im technically new to working out (in the short run, I know all the workout routines and **** from when I used to work out when I was 15-17 (nothing spectacular, just pretty linear progression)

Anyways to the questions:

1. Will donating blood decrease my workout gains? Should I decrease supplements and Creatine levels due to the difference in blood volume? Whats everyones thoughts on this if you do donate blood or should I just stop doing that altogether?

2. I've heard that taking protein powder (93 whey iso from the company ultimate nutrition right now) with milk is worse because its harder to digest, also I heard that you should sip your protein because then you will digest more of it as opposed to chugging it. Any input on this? What do you do?

3. I'm looking into getting more advanced protein and supplements, and I want to start taking creatine. Any input on which is best? Also What is BCA that I keep hearing about? Do different brands of protein really make that much of a difference? (Like I said earlier Im taking 93 iso whey sensation or something like that right now, which is leftover form when I used to workout)

4. Most of my friends eat big healthy breakfast's, for me however that isn't possible because of residence in university. Whats the best cereal / breakfast combo that doesn't involve cooking? What do you eat for breakfast?

5. Also I know peanut butter is really good, but recently I came across natural peanut butter which is only smashed up peanuts, it doesnt taste as good but is this better? or are the sugars and whatever else is in normal peanut butter part of the package?

6. How can I incorporate squats deadlifts and dips into a 3 split (back/bi , chest/tri, legs/core) I tried making my own routine but I found it really hard to categorize these three.

7. Also I've seen some of my friends while doing preacher curls or just normal bicep curls with a ex bar or whatnot. Some of the bigger guys do one set wide grip then will do a set narrow grip. Is this more beneficial or should I just do narrow one week wide the next, or not even bother? What do you think?

Thats it, sorry that its soo long, and dont feel that you have to answer all the questions because I know that might take a while. The only reason Im asking so many is because I've either read different things on the internet or heard things from friends and other people working out different opinions that contradict eachother, so I just came here to get a definite answer. Thanks~!

dekd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dekd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dekd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dekd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dekd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dekd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dekd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dekd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dekd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dekd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dekd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not sure about them but I'll help with what I can.

4. Usually I have about 5 minutes to eat breakfast, so I can never really sit down and make that big of a breakfast. Usually I have whey protein in water, and a slice of double fiber whole wheat bread. Not the biggest meal, but it usually tides me over for a while.
    5. The natural peanut butter will be much better than regular. Regular peanut butter has unneeded sugar, and some unhealthy oils. Natural is much better.

Sorry I couldn't help with all of them

Univ of Minnesota!!! lift*then*PWN's Avatar
    lift*then*PWN is just really nice. (+1000) lift*then*PWN is just really nice. (+1000) lift*then*PWN is just really nice. (+1000) lift*then*PWN is just really nice. (+1000) lift*then*PWN is just really nice. (+1000) lift*then*PWN is just really nice. (+1000) lift*then*PWN is just really nice. (+1000) lift*then*PWN is just really nice. (+1000) lift*then*PWN is just really nice. (+1000) lift*then*PWN is just really nice. (+1000) lift*then*PWN is just really nice. (+1000)
    6. do squats with legs, deadlifts with back/bis and dips with chest/tris
    7. the varying grips hit different bicep heads. (you have 2 of them) do both wide and narrow in the same day.
    Bodyweight- 165 lbs.
    Bench- 225
    Squat- 335x10
    Deadlift- 275x5
    Power Clean- 210

I rep Minnesotans and wrestlers on sight.

If you rep me, please post in this thread so I can rep you back later.

swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) swelsh123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Hillcoat View Post

1. Will donating blood decrease my workout gains? Should I decrease supplements and Creatine levels due to the difference in blood volume? Whats everyones thoughts on this if you do donate blood or should I just stop doing that altogether?
    Donating blood will not decrease gains, but lifting the same day you give blood isn't a great idea.

2. I've heard that taking protein powder (93 whey iso from the company ultimate nutrition right now) with milk is worse because its harder to digest, also I heard that you should sip your protein because then you will digest more of it as opposed to chugging it. Any input on this? What do you do?
    Chugging vs Sipping your protein is not going to make any noticeable difference. Milk will slow the digestion of the protein because of the fat, which is not a bad thing.
    3. I'm looking into getting more advanced protein and supplements, and I want to start taking creatine. Any input on which is best? Also What is BCA that I keep hearing about? Do different brands of protein really make that much of a difference? (Like I said earlier Im taking 93 iso whey sensation or something like that right now, which is leftover form when I used to workout)

4. Most of my friends eat big healthy breakfast's, for me however that isn't possible because of residence in university. Whats the best cereal / breakfast combo that doesn't involve cooking? What do you eat for breakfast?
    I get breakfast every morning and I live on campus at my school, and have eggs and cottage cheese for breakfast. Cereal isn't enough for breakfast, you need some protein source, such as cottage cheese if you can't cook.
    When putting together your diet, do your best to have mostly whole foods. Try not to rely heavily on protein powder to meet your protein needs for the day.

Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hillcoat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So the protein is just a little extra to help out? I get that.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

2. ... I heard that you should sip your protein because then you will digest more of it as opposed to chugging it. Any input on this? What do you do?
    I'd like to hear the theory behind that one. I just don't see how it matters at all. I chug mine.

3. I want to start taking creatine. Any input on which is best?
    Creatine monohydrate is superior in several aspects to CEE. Just buy a creatine monohydrate that says "creapure" on the label.

3. What is BCA that I keep hearing about? Do different brands of protein really make that much of a difference?
    I think you mean BCAA. Most high-quality dietary protein is 18-26% BCAA. The question, which indeed does not have a definitive answer, is whether or not free form BCAA is better for bodybuilding purposes than protein-bound BCAA given isonitrogenous conditions in diets with ample protein. Adding a few grams of supplemental BCAA to a pre-existent high intake within the diet is not likely to yield any magic.

3. Do different brands of protein really make that much of a difference?
    It makes no real-world difference whether your protein powder is isolate or concentrate.

Don't you have a microwave?

5. Also I know peanut butter is really good, but recently I came across natural peanut butter which is only smashed up peanuts, it doesnt taste as good but is this better? or are the sugars and whatever else is in normal peanut butter part of the package?
    Try another brand. Look into smart balance.

cllash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cllash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cllash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cllash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cllash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cllash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cllash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cllash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cllash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cllash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cllash has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    1.) though donating blood is a very noble thing to do if one is a serious athlete it will decrese your abilitys for a short time, and I would keep all you sup servings the same. but if you like to donate don't let me stop you it's cool that you do.
    "it's not because things are difficult we don't dare, it's because we don't dare things are difficult." - seneque

clla$h

So I guess I should stop donating blood

Example has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Example has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Example has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Example has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Example has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Example has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Example has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Example has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    BCAA- branched chain amino acids, thoose are kinda essential to bodybuilders

omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) omg_otters is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good post snorkelman, I'm on spread
    [QUOTE=mrawdtsi]seriously, the best username in the misc. srs. lol every time....[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE=MyBodyIsRdy420]your username is sofa king cool.[/QUOTE]

squat/bench/deadlift - 480/286/572

SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There is no need to stop donating blood. They don't take enough from you that it would seriously affect your workouts or the effect of supplements.

Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000) Jaxxed_Fibraz_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    I answered all these questions in my thread, if you don't wanna listen to my opinion then don't ask.

Example has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Example has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Example has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Example has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Example has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Example has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Example has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Example has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    oh about blood donation Once I donated blood after my gym, well I waited in a line for about two hour, because I had to register (it was my first time donating blood in TAHT center, i have donater blood few times earlier in my school) and during all that time I did't ate anything so I almost didn't faint afterwards But if you donate blood in a free of sports day and eat alot and drink lots of water then it will be fine, really you have about two galons of blood....

Originally Posted by Jaxxed_Fibraz_ View Post
    I answered all these questions in my thread, if you don't wanna listen to my opinion then don't ask.
    nah its not like that. Check the times
    I posted this first, then figured you would have a good diea for the answers so I posted in your thread after.