Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I don't even know..

img210.imageshack.us/img210/4769/hereyago.jpg

The bottom of the mid section is me, and the bottom of the right section is where i want to be. I understand a little more about weight lifting, but I still get confused. Would SS help me to get to the picture on the right? Or should i be doing something else? I'm afraid to start working out because I don't know what kind of results I can expect. I want to get the mass/strength from doing SS to a certain degree, then i want to build up muscles on areas SS doesn't hit.

Can i do all this and hit my wanted body type? Do i need to bulk or something? Cut?

I'm 5'7 and weigh 135.

Right Mentality Necesary! ReedT's Avatar
    ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ashketchup View Post

The bottom of the mid section is me, and the bottom of the right section is where i want to be. I understand a little more about weight lifting, but I still get confused. Would SS help me to get to the picture on the right? Or should i be doing something else? I'm afraid to start working out because I don't know what kind of results I can expect. I want to get the mass/strength from doing SS to a certain degree, then i want to build up muscles on areas SS doesn't hit.

Can i do all this and hit my wanted body type? Do i need to bulk or something? Cut?

I'm 5'7 and weigh 135.
    Sorry I have no clue what SS is. Don't be afraid of working out. Its better to start something and get some results you didn't want than not getting ANY results at all.

I would say that you need to Bulk and then Cut if your goal is the type of physique in the pic you posted. What is SS exactly? I could give you a better idea if I knew what that was.
    "It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard
    Impossible is not a word
    It’s just a reason for someone not to try"
    -Kutless "What Faith Can Do"

(Proper Diet+Correct Training Program)^EFFORT= Results!

Most people walk around like Clark Kent because they don't know they can fly like Superman

Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ashketchup is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ReedT View Post
    Sorry I have no clue what SS is. Don't be afraid of working out. Its better to start something and get some results you didn't want than not getting ANY results at all.

I would say that you need to Bulk and then Cut if your goal is the type of physique in the pic you posted. What is SS exactly? I could give you a better idea if I knew what that was.
    Starting Strength program,
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117429161

This is one guy who used it
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=923892

Right Mentality Necesary! ReedT's Avatar
    ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Ashketchup View Post
    Starting Strength program,
    this

This is one guy who used it
    that
    Ohhh duh. Rippetoe's program. yeah actually if you are new to lifting or its been a while since you have, SS is a great program to get yourself going. SS is a beginner's program. After you get accustomed to working out and what not, you will probably want to change things up to a different program.

You do have to understand that SS incorporates alot of multi-muscle exercises. You should be hitting EVERYTHING within the scope of the workouts. After you get a good strength foundation, you can move on to more specialized workouts for different things.
    "It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard
    Impossible is not a word
    It’s just a reason for someone not to try"
    -Kutless "What Faith Can Do"

(Proper Diet+Correct Training Program)^EFFORT= Results!

Most people walk around like Clark Kent because they don't know they can fly like Superman

noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) noonan1994 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    bro you need to gain some muscle and lose some fat to get your goal.

PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by noonan1994 View Post
    bro you need to gain some muscle and lose some fat to get your goal.
    Obvious comment of the day goes to captain obvious

Hard work and determination will bring you everything you need, the most important part is to get into the gym consistently and work your a** off.

Good luck man