Giambertone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Running VS Bike Machine for leg muscle (read description I do a leg workout as well)

Im on a weight gain program, eating 7 meals a day plus protein shakes, getting more protein than I technically need (180 grams for a 155 pound body). I workout every day other than Saturday (different muscle/muscle group everyday). Each day I start off with 10 minutes of cardio on the bike machine, except on Wednesdays on which I do 30 mins plus Ab weight training, and on Sundays when I do leg weight training and endurance for my abs). Im 5 weeks into my program and so far have originally lost 10 pounds and then regained 5. I looked down today and noticed that my legs, though very toned, have not gained any muscle at all and it looks as if the 10 pounds I lost originally had only come from them. My upper body still has most of the body fat I originally had (not that I had a lot in the first place). I know that spot training is just a myth and doesn't work but is it possible that because I do the bike machine, not using my upper body at all, I've lost more weight on them. Also will running instead of the bike machine (using my upper body a bit more and using my own body weight on my legs rather than the resistance I set on the machine) will allow me to build leg muscle faster (along with my normal leg weight training) as well as possibly lose a little more fat or become more toned in my upper body?

Probably sounds like a ridiculous question and that description was a bit lengthy, so thanks in advance to whom ever responds

AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Makes no difference, uless you run up VERY steep hills or cycle on VERY high resistance. Otherwise cardio is pretty much cardio and burns calrories. That's what makes you lose weight. You can't really lose weight from any one part of your body. Doesnt work like that.

If you have lost size in your legs and its not much body fat, then it means you are not eating enough and burning some mass for your energy needs. Also your leg workouts may not be intense enough.
    "I'll do today what others won't so I can do tomorrow what others can't" - such a fitting quote for bodybuilding!