Hudock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle vs. Fat loss w/calories

Ok, started my program about 3 1/2 weeks ago..

started 6'1 282
    after 3 1/2 weeks of eating anywhere between 1100-1800 calories a day & almost 4-5x a week of 30min+ cardio & 2-3x of moderate lifting..

I'am already down to 269lbs... Obviously some of that is water weight.

I know people say this low of calorie is starvation(stated earlier that Im never hungry this is lots of food)

But I am eating very clean healhty wholesome food, no snacks, soda, anything of that sort..

Now if my body is in starvation mode (saving fat) with this kind of weight loss am I going to still lose fat faster then muscle?

Cause its quite easy to pack the muscle back on but my main fat problem is in my stomach/chest reason, I don't even look close to 275lbs, but alot of extra weight is in my gut. So if I stick to this and get myself down to around 220-230lbs, I can always pack back on muscle, but will my stomach fat and other fat still be burning off during this diet?

- josh

Hudock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Somebody help me!

Will I at least lose the gut fat and some fat sticking with this program??

Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000) Mauler97 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm in a simular boat started 285, now I'm 252. I eat about 1600-1900 cals a normal day while doing 30 min of cardio.
    On my lifting days (twice a week) I eat about 3000 cals and force feed upto 2 hours after my workout.

I eat about a 40-40-20 split. But almost all of my carbs are complex and fiber from my chicken wraps with "la tortia factory" tortillas

I'm afraid if you don't hit the weights well which I think is a superior way to lose fat than cardio you could end up losing a good amount of muscle as well. At your weight I wouldn't eat less than 1500 cal. Also one of my rules is to get atleast 200 grams of protein a day even if my cals are 1600 than half of them are from protein.

There is no better fat-burning machine than your own lean body mass.

If you have any specific questions I'll try to help.