KleioValentien has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question First Bikini Competition, need advice please :)

Hi I have always been very athletic but never really lifted heavy until the past few months. In doing that I have seen such a great change in my body and I am loving every bit of it. I have decided that I want to do bikini competitions to help push myself to achieve something more as well. I do not have a coach and have been dieting and lifting on my own in a very limited gym that I have in the building that I live in. I live in NY and if anyone can give me any advice about the bikini competitions I would greatly appreciate it. I have been told about a bikini competition in Baltimore on March 22. I honestly don't know if this is a good idea or not to enter into this one, if some competitions are better than others to enter or anything about that or if I am even ready to try to do my first competition.

Thanks for any advice you may have for me.
    Last edited by KleioValentien; 01-26-2014 at 12:20 PM.

NGA\IFPA Pro Bodybuilder fltallpaul's Avatar
    fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fltallpaul is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KleioValentien View Post
    Hi I have always been very athletic but never really lifted heavy until the past few months. In doing that I have seen such a great change in my body and I am loving every bit of it. I have decided that I want to do bikini competitions to help push myself to achieve something more as well. I do not have a coach and have been dieting and lifting on my own in a very limited gym that I have in the building that I live in. I live in NY and if anyone can give me any advice about the bikini competitions I would greatly appreciate it. I have been told about a bikini competition in Baltimore on March 22. I honestly don't know if this is a good idea or not to enter into this one, if some competitions are better than others to enter or anything about that or if I am even ready to try to do my first competition.

I think before you decide to compete it would be best to attend a competition. From there you can speak to some girls who compete, find out what you like and don't like. You may also find out if there are some coaches who can be referred to you. Do your homework on coaches, there are some good ones and some bad ones so be sure through research.
    Contest Prep Coach

Paul@ProPhysique.com

Core Nutritionals/Outwork Apparel Athlete

NGA & IFPA Pro Bodybuilder

surge3284 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surge3284 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surge3284 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surge3284 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surge3284 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surge3284 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surge3284 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surge3284 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surge3284 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surge3284 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surge3284 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KleioValentien View Post

To go off Paul's point I'd also take a look at different organizations. There are drug tested, and not drug tested shows and organizations.

Def do your homework on those aspects as well.

linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50) linaka will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You look great and congrats in making things happen even at your small limited gym at home. I know it can't be easy, but you were able to make it happen. How exciting is it to see results after lifting and staying on a healthy diet? WhooHooo for you!!!

I think competing is a great idea. But before you do that, I just want you to know that there is so much to it than "I want to compete". do you know what to do during your peak week with sodium and water intake, do you have a posing suit, do you have a posing coach, do you have a hair & make-up lady who knows how to do stage makeup, do you have a spray tan company or person, do you have your posing shoes, jewelry, etc? There is just so much to it. March 22 isn't that far away, if you think you will be ready. I think you better start having a check list and have everything ready.

Keep us posted. =)

ivanprotrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Before you schedule a date for your competition, make sure that you know how your body responds to different diet and training protocols. If you are already seeing progress from what you are doing, the next step would be trying out different peaking approaches. Everyone is different and the same approach will not work for everyone. Try carb depleting/loading, fat loading, crap loading, water depletion, sodium depletion/loading. Personally, I find that carb depletion doesn't really work for me and I need to keep the carbs moderate the entire peak week and then do a major crap load. Also, I don't cut out the water completely and sip on it throughout the contest day. However, others swear by carb loading and cutting out water works for them. If you are in a good enough shape, you can estimate approximately which method works best for you. In my opinion, you are not prepared, until you know which method works for you.
    Ivan K
    Personal Trainer/Fitness Competition Coach Downtown Toronto.
    VP at Build My Body Beautiful, Toronto, ON.
    www.BuildMyBodyBeautiful.com
    info@ivankfitness.com

Yes, I train guys too.