TurboAddiction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Needing Diet Advice: Weight Gain!

Hey,

I'm sure these threads may get annoying to you all, but I'm really trapped when it comes to having a consistent diet plan. I'd like to see advice based on what to eat, and how much to eat.

I believe I currently weigh 160lbs. I want to gain 25 lbs within 6 months. I'd love to do this in 3 months, but I want to set a realistic goal. My workout schedule is fine, I just need to get my food intake right.

To help those out I listed things that I take/eat. Advice/additions would be greatly appreciated as well.

Protein Shakes
    Muscle milk (just ordered, to try something new)
    Creatine (don't rely on. teaspoon. On/Off. Ex: 3-4 weeks on, 2 weeks off)
    Vitamin (Centrum)

Chicken, PB, bananas, etc. are what I eat now. Basically I'm just looking for consistency. Some days I'll have a 3k+ cal diet, sometimes I'll be way under, and some days I'll "cheat" because I don't have anything scheduled.

Also, what do you think about fish oil pills? Advantages/Disadvantages?

Any advice can only help! I'd like to see diet plans, food ideas (variety is nice), and pre and post workout ideas. Right now my only pre-post workout is "eating something" and creatine (if I'm on it that week).

Also, if you could help me break things down into a 3k cal diet that would help too. I know 1g per lb of body weight is what I should aim for. However, why do some shoot higher? Anyway, what else can I do to get that 3k cal diet? Which should be fats, and how many calories will be carbs? Anything I'm missing, please inform!

Thanks for your time and efforts. I really appreciate all of it!

- Devin

lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50) lachy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can tell you now that 25lbs in 6 months is going to be almost impossible, especially if you want that to be muscle.

Even if you train bloody hard and have a perfect diet your probaly looking at 10-15lbs of muscle maximum.

If you think about it, you are aiming to gain over 1 pound per week, many people don;t even put that on in a month.

Good luck and dont rush it, or you will spend 6 months trying to lose the fat you gained.
    ░█▓▒░█▓▒░█▓▒░█▓▒
    █▓▒░ Aussie Crew░▒█
    ▒▓█▒▓█▒▓█▒▓█▒▓█▒█

patriot1776 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ^^ amen.
    its taken me about a year and a half to gain 25 pounds with a pretty consistent diet and and consistent training.