Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    RMG46 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ordered mine directly from Adidas' Store and got them in today.
    First thing I did with them was a 10! Power Snatch and Burpee WOD.
    My feet were aching quite a bit getting them broken in, but they definitely made lifting a whole lot easier (as compared to my Inov-8's).
    These are my first pair of weightlifting shoes and I'm extremely pleased with them. Looking forward to increasing my PR's and will post some feedback once I do more testing.

I honestly don't see how people see them as orange, they look bright red to me. Size matched perfectly with my inov-8's.

Would post a picture, but apparently I need 50 post :/

onegai5465 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'm not an olympic lifter, i just do power lifting and bodybuilding so i had some questions about these shoes. do u just wear them to the gym for a whole workout or do u need to like bring them into the gym and only use them for power lifting? i'm guessing u shouldnt wear these shoes outside and while u drive or does it matter? (im talking about walking from my house>car>gym>car>house for a workout)

i'm using chucks right now and want a better shoe for the power lifting and these look awesome.

thx for the help

read some more stuff, and i'm guessing u only use them for squats and maybe hack squats? u want a flat shoe for deadlifts, and for bench press i dont think it matters? (let me know if this is wrong or right)
    Last edited by onegai5465; 02-21-2012 at 11:28 AM.

WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by onegai5465 View Post
    i'm not an olympic lifter, i just do power lifting and bodybuilding so i had some questions about these shoes. do u just wear them to the gym for a whole workout or do u need to like bring them into the gym and only use them for power lifting? i'm guessing u shouldnt wear these shoes outside and while u drive or does it matter? (im talking about walking from my house>car>gym>car>house for a workout)

i'm using chucks right now and want a better shoe for the power lifting and these look awesome.

thx for the help

read some more stuff, and i'm guessing u only use them for squats and maybe hack squats? u want a flat shoe for deadlifts, and for bench press i dont think it matters? (let me know if this is wrong or right)
    you can walk to the gym from your car in them, and you could leave them on for your whole workout, but they are not that comfortable, you will get used to them though. I use them for everything gym training related except for deadlifts. My gym training only consists of Push Presses, Axle clean and jerks, log clean and jerks, front squats, back squats, deadlifts and some barbell rows though.
    Bryan

Captain of the Comeback Train

Comeback Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159651791

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/STRONGMANbarry/videos

Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000)

thx for the help

Uh, you definitely don't wear them for driving. Put them on before your first workset.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120990011

There are 10 types of people: those that understand binary, and those that do not.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)

thx for the help

Well, generally, mine go in my workout bag and I don't wear them to and from the car, house or while driving. Having said that, I have worn them while driving (stick at that), so you can do it. As has been said, they are not that comfortable for driving or walking around, but they will work, especially when broken in. Up to you really, just expect that they may wear out a bit sooner if you're doing all that in them besides just lifting.

However, when I put them on, they are on during my entire workout. I'm an Olympic lifter, so I need to be pretty comfortable in them!!
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000)
    So does anyone actually know how high the heels are on these shoes then?

There are 10 types of people: those that understand binary, and those that do not.

Research Associate adoboandryce's Avatar
    adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adoboandryce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Shaun_W View Post
    So does anyone actually know how high the heels are on these shoes then?
    i think they're 3/4 inch.

TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Got mine today...awwwwwwwwww yeah

Originally Posted by adoboandryce View Post
    i think they're 3/4 inch.
    Can that be verified, though? Many say that my Ironworks are also that height whereas I know for a fact that they are an inch as I have measured them at that.

Originally Posted by TheStigIsBig View Post
    Got mine today...awwwwwwwwww yeah
    How high are the heels?

TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheStigIsBig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Can that be verified, though? Many say that my Ironworks are also that height whereas I know for a fact that they are an inch as I have measured them at that.

How high are the heels?
    Barely higher then my PP2's, so my estimated guess is 3/4th of an inch.

Barely higher then my PP2's, so my estimated guess is 3/4th of an inch.
    I'm pretty sure that the PP2s were 1 inch, the same as the Ironworks that they replaced. At least the PP2s I've seen in the gym look to be identical to my Ironwork 3s regarding heel height.

BadSnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadSnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadSnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadSnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadSnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadSnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadSnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadSnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadSnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadSnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadSnatch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why is heel height so important?

I'm pretty sure that the PP2s were 1 inch, the same as the Ironworks that they replaced. At least the PP2s I've seen in the gym look to be identical to my Ironwork 3s regarding heel height.
    Nah there is no way those were 1 inch, unless I am crazy lol. These feel like a bit more of a heel height, but it oculd be just an illusion since they are new. I do know the new Adidas weightlifting shoes are .6. So the PP2's had to of been that or .75, I was unaware that adidas has a 1 inch heel.

Originally Posted by BadSnatch View Post
    Why is heel height so important?
    I am looking for a slightly lower heel height on my shoe as I think my current height of 1" is a tiny bit much for the power lifts (I'm not a weightlifter) and would be disappointed if I was to shell out a lot of money for a new pair of shoes that are essentially the same height as what I have currently got.

Nah there is no way those were 1 inch, unless I am crazy lol. These feel like a bit more of a heel height, but it oculd be just an illusion since they are new. I do know the new Adidas weightlifting shoes are .6. So the PP2's had to of been that or .75, I was unaware that adidas has a 1 inch heel.
    Have you measured them?

The Power Lift trainers are 0.6 inches but they're not proper weightlifting shoes. The Power Perfect 2s are almost definitely one inch, the exact same as the Ironwork 3s that they replaced.

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am looking for a slightly lower heel height on my shoe as I think my current height of 1" is a tiny bit much for the power lifts (I'm not a weightlifter) and would be disappointed if I was to shell out a lot of money for a new pair of shoes that are essentially the same height as what I have currently got.

Have you measured them?

The Power Lift trainers are 0.6 inches but they're not proper weightlifting shoes. The Power Perfect 2s are almost definitely one inch, the exact same as the Ironwork 3s that they replaced.
    Are you taking the height of the forefoot into account?

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    No, he's not!! I can pretty much guarantee that if he's measuring it, he's not taking the forefoot height into account.

Shaun_W - if you're that hard up to know, than email or call someone who sells the shoes, or the manufacturer for that matter. For god's sake it's NOT that important. Most shoes you can take to a cobbler and get the heel worked down on your existing shoes!!

Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    Yes.

Originally Posted by olyw8lifter View Post
    No, he's not!! I can pretty much guarantee that if he's measuring it, he's not taking the forefoot height into account.

Shaun_W - if you're that hard up to know, than email or call someone who sells the shoes, or the manufacturer for that matter. For god's sake it's NOT that important. Most shoes you can take to a cobbler and get the heel worked down on your existing shoes!!
    I don't think that you can get non-wooden heeled shoes cut down.

Thanks anyway.

lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000)
    PPII's are an inch high unless you are wearing a tiny size or something?
    PBs:
    Oly Squat: 145 kg
    Front Squat: 125 kg
    Strict Overhead Press: 75x2 kg
    Push Press: 90 kg
    Bench Press: 100 kg
    Deadlift: 180 kg
    Power|Full Clean: 95|100 kg
    (Hang) Power Snatch: 72.5 kg
    40-Yard Dash: 4.7s
    3-Cone Drill: 6.8s

My Strength Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129882473

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ~misc audiophile crew

HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HouseBro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    just joined an OLY gym w/coach. got some romaleos (rome-uh-lee-ohs or rome-uh-lay-ohs?) and they're so effing solid. I feel like a tank in em.

edit: romaleos 2! it has a 2 on the tongue lol. insanely stable. Not that heavy. Super high quality feeling.
    SMBC

WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WHT_LIGHTNING is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HouseBro View Post
    just joined an OLY gym w/coach. got some romaleos (rome-uh-lee-ohs or rome-uh-lay-ohs?) and they're so effing solid. I feel like a tank in em.

edit: romaleos 2! it has a 2 on the tongue lol. insanely stable. Not that heavy. Super high quality feeling.
    yeah I think the romaleos 2 and the adipowers are pretty damn similar.

I just have always had a soft spot for adidas, so I went with them.
    Bryan

Originally Posted by HouseBro View Post

Where are you training in TX?? I know most of the coaches there. I trained in Dallas under Richard Flemming for a long time and have met most of the other coaches at some time or another at meets!!

beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10) beastlifting is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just read the review of these on wlshoes. (hxxp://wlshoes.com/review/adidas-adipower-weightlifting-shoe) They seem pretty impressive, does anyone have any decent training time with these yet? I'm curious about how they break in since the width sounds to be a problem.

Originally Posted by beastlifting View Post
    I just read the review of these on wlshoes. (hxxp://wlshoes.com/review/adidas-adipower-weightlifting-shoe) They seem pretty impressive, does anyone have any decent training time with these yet? I'm curious about how they break in since the width sounds to be a problem.
    Been using them for a month now, what are your concerns?
    Bryan

ugjennomtrengelig mørke fraverdenstreet's Avatar
    fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000)
    they break in fine. the width is slightly narrow and i can feel my toes against the sides but its nothing i notice. if anything it just makes for a very very snug fit, which is great. more stability

Originally Posted by fraverdenstreet View Post
    they break in fine. the width is slightly narrow and i can feel my toes against the sides but its nothing i notice. if anything it just makes for a very very snug fit, which is great. more stability
    This

although I find the heel to be a bit wide, but I think it's more because I have skinny girlish heels., I just lace them tight and strap them down tight, no issues.

I still think they are more orange than red though

Bryan

Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi guys, I'd like to pick up a pair of these, but I have unsually wide feet and am aware that these run slightly narrow, I wear a 13US standard trainer, is it worth ordering 1 size up due to the width issue, or am I going to sacrifice too much in length?

fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000) fraverdenstreet is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Striver View Post
    Hi guys, I'd like to pick up a pair of these, but I have unsually wide feet and am aware that these run slightly narrow, I wear a 13US standard trainer, is it worth ordering 1 size up due to the width issue, or am I going to sacrifice too much in length?
    i wouldn't. i have wide feet also and it really isn't an issue. i actually got .5 size smaller than i normally wear (9.5 in street shoes, 9 in oly shoes). my pinky toes poked holes in my old PPIIs.. just so you know that i infact do have wide feet

Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Striver is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fraverdenstreet View Post
    i wouldn't. i have wide feet also and it really isn't an issue. i actually got .5 size smaller than i normally wear (9.5 in street shoes, 9 in oly shoes). my pinky toes poked holes in my old PPIIs.. just so you know that i infact do have wide feet
    Standard size it is then. I can always send them back.

My feet really wide, I have to get my formal footwear from a shop for over sized individuals, $200 starting!

Originally Posted by Striver View Post
    Standard size it is then. I can always send them back.

My feet really wide, I have to get my formal footwear from a shop for over sized individuals, $200 starting!
    wow damn :\ well hopefully they work out lol. i know dynamic eleiko is really good about returning shoes for different sizes atleast

Just got them through and tried them on. Were a little tight, but I hope that that will improve as I break them in. People seeing much in the way of give as they loosen up?