mathgainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathgainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathgainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathgainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathgainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathgainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathgainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathgainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathgainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathgainer will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathgainer will become famous soon enough. (+50)

When were Linear Progression programs invented?

In other words when was progressive overload first used systematically to create bigger people? The theory and practice is elucidated well in books such as Rippetoe's Starting Strength, however this is fairly modern. When were such programs first used to take a novice from being skinny to having significantly more muscle mass?

The only thing I can find on this is the story of Milo of Criton. Really lol? So we have to go back to the 6th century to find when this was first applied, and then there are no signs of it later on?

I think there is something in history which we have not yet uncovered. Maybe there is a reason after all why those Greek statues are so jacked other than that the artists wanted to create an ideal body. The muscles look too realistic.

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Linear progression has been used since the Greeks and before. Do an activity, add reps usually (adding weight was not as easy with fixed weight sets). Roman and Greek historians have discussed the training of athletes and soldiers.

As for the Greek Statues... this is equivalent to us in the modern age looking at comic books... there is serious doubts that many people looked that jacked. Some sure, but gladiators were pudgy according to Galen and a Roman soldier weighed roughly 140lbs...
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel