Page 96 of 121 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 3607
    rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bodhy View Post
    I didn't struggle with anything, I identified what was going on in each of the progressions, and when adimare didn't provide extra musical context, I went away and researched what it could be and came back with the answer.

I haven't pretend to be on any level I'm not. I've said literally over a dozen times I don't own a guitar ATM, the last time I was recorded playing was year 10 music twenty years ago before smartphones etc. and I have no idea where the footage is.

LogicalLifts literally posted the transcript and confirmed it was mine. He said it didn't show the award of the degree but that's because he isn't familiar with academic transcripts and forgot that I never claimed I had a PhD. Dude shut the haters up in an instant.
    Lol you 100% struggled and both adimare and Z4v4 made fun of you, again all you need to do is scroll back to read them. Lmao at your inability to just tell the truth.

Lol when you claim "years of abstruse jazz studies" that immediately puts you in a certain position of scrutiny, which is why I started to pay attention to what you were actually saying and instantly started making fun of you. Because it was clear you had no idea about what you were talking about. Remember when you said certain aspects of music "can't be explained with musical theory" lmao.

That transcript was complete BS and they still kept on making fun of you. But again we all know you'll just lie, because you have no integrity or dignity lol. And lol recording devices have existed for a long time but you conveniently have zero proof (as usual) of your playing.

And finally, you admitted that you smear sh*t on walls.

Lol.

rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rollerball has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The funniest is when Bodhy got outed for using AI chat trying to defend himself and he just avoided that accusation entirely.

Lmao.

Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rollerball View Post
    Lol you 100% struggled and both adimare and Z4v4 made fun of you, again all you need to do is scroll back to read them. Lmao at your inability to just tell the truth.

Lol when you claim "years of abstruse jazz studies" that immediately puts you in a certain position of scrutiny, which is why I started to pay attention to what you were actually saying and instantly started making fun of you. Because it was clear you had no idea about what you were talking about. Remember when you said certain aspects of music "can't be explained with musical theory" lmao.

That transcript was complete BS and they still kept on making fun of you. But again we all know you'll just lie, because you have no integrity or dignity lol. And lol recording devices have existed for a long time but you conveniently have zero proof (as usual) of your playing.

And finally, you admitted that you smear sh*t on walls.

Lol.

Last post dealing with your nonsense. LogicalLifts posted the transcript up, and said it was mine and that proved I was in the PhD program. He said there was no evidence of an awarded degree which makes sense, because I never claimed that.

No one made fun of me once the transcript went up. The haters were shut down instantly and have said nothing since. You are mentally ill, dude. All of this will get deleted too, so probably don't bother further.
    Back off, Warchild.

Seriously.

Last post dealing with your nonsense. LogicalLifts posted the transcript up, and said it was mine and that proved I was in the PhD program. He said there was no evidence of an awarded degree which makes sense, because I never claimed that.

No one made fun of me once the transcript went up.
    Lol yes they did. And lol at how many different areas you have been exposed as lying about. The fact that I didn't even know about your reputation when I started exposing you about your guitar frauding is hilarious.

And notice gentlemen that he didn't not refute the sh*t smearing nor using AI chat. L M A O.

adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adimare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I didn't struggle with anything, I identified what was going on in each of the progressions, and when adimare didn't provide extra musical context, I went away and researched what it could be and came back with the answer.
    As I said, it was good on you to admit no prior knowledge of the concept instead of pretending like you knew about it so I was just gonna leave it at that, but now you seem to be implying that you were unable to answer only because I didn't provide enough context...

If you only had 3 days to learn the most basic ways to get to the I chord in a jazz context, on day 1 you'd learn about the ii-V-I, on day 2 you'd learn about tritone substitutions, and on day 3 you'd learn about backdoor ii-Vs. z4 recognized the progression I posted immediately without me having to "provide extra musical context" as you'd expect from anyone who's spent even a tiny bit of time playing jazz. What you're doing is like claiming you need more context to identify what's going on in a Dm7 G7 Cmaj7 progression and it is completely incompatible with someone who has claimed to have studied "the most abstruse elements of jazz theory".

Originally Posted by adimare View Post
    As I said, it was good on you to admit no prior knowledge of the concept instead of pretending like you knew about it so I was just gonna leave it at that, but now you seem to be implying that you were unable to answer only because I didn't provide enough context...

If you only had 3 days to learn the most basic ways to get to the I chord in a jazz context, on day 1 you'd learn about the ii-V-I, on day 2 you'd learn about tritone substitutions, and on day 3 you'd learn about backdoor ii-Vs. z4 recognized the progression I posted immediately without me having to "provide extra musical context" as you'd expect from anyone who's spent even a tiny bit of time playing jazz. What you're doing is like claiming you need more context to identify what's going on in a Dm7 G7 Cmaj7 progression and it is completely incompatible with someone who has claimed to have studied "the most abstruse elements of jazz theory".
    lmao

Btw Adimare, I really liked your piano playing in that one clip you posed. Hilarious how you describe yourself as a drummer but can play fantastic sounding piano and can arrange jazz tunes for all instruments lol.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    I'm fine with calling out someone respectfully but not okay with dragging crap from the misc into this thread. I'll leave the posts up for now but can we get things back on track?

Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    I'm fine with calling out someone respectfully but not okay with dragging crap from the misc into this thread. I'll leave the posts up for now but can we get things back on track?
    Sorry Dom, I will try to ignore the frauding.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Btw Adimare, I really liked your piano playing in that one clip you posed. Hilarious how you describe yourself as a drummer but can play fantastic sounding piano and can arrange jazz tunes for all instruments lol.
    I typed a reply to that video but never posted it.

Question for guitar players:

Was gonna write that up but it might have been too confusing so I made a video instead. I've wondered for awhile if different instruments sort of force you to think of theory very differently.
    Watched the video. Great to hear your perspective on this coming from the piano. There's nothing wrong with seeing Eb Dorian as Db major starting on Eb. While it's a bonus I don't think it even matters whether you consciously know what degrees of a scale or mode you're playing either so long as your ear is guiding your choice of intervals relative to the root note. When you hit that Dbmaj7 arpeggio to get that m13 Dorian sound over Eb you're instantly in the sweet spot.

Your "you get all the modes for free" approach works just fine on guitar provided someone playing patterns and shapes knows the Eb Dorian mode starts on the 2nd note of Db major and can immediately play the Db major scale all over the neck. It's a lot easier to visualize on piano because the notes are all laid out in front of you and only appear in one place for a given octave. Middle C is always right there in front of you whereas on guitar it's in 5 places. The instrument would be even easier if we tuned to 4ths instead of that major 3rd weirdness with the G and B strings but then we'd lose the open high E for cowboy chords and riffs that are a staple of rock and blues. Tom Quayle tunes in 4ths.

J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) J.L.C. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ...and affordable. Most of us are going to use digital at some point in the chain. Let's say you shell out big bucks for a nice 100W head. Even if you're loading it down with some kind of attenuator or reactive load to get great tones at lower volumes how are you recording it? Mics or IRs? And once you've recorded it are you going to add compression, EQ, etc. with outboard gear or plugins?

For someone on a budget digital is a no brainer. It will get you a lot closer to the tones you're hearing in the music you like than anything else.
    100% agree.

It's an awesome time to be a guitar enthusiast!

Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    100% agree.

It's an awesome time to be a guitar enthusiast!
    It's pretty ridiculous in 2023. I love being able to switch from the AxeFX FM3 to the Engl Ironball SE to my little Spark Mini and will soon be recording on a computer the size of a very thin pamphlet with incredible fidelity and quality.

I also have a power amp the size of a pedal that weighs 5lbs that's as loud as a Plexi 50W through a 2x12 cabinet that weighs 27lbs and can hook up the FM3 and have access to virtually every guitar tone conceived of in the past 50 odd years or so for under like $2000.

It's pretty ridiculous in 2023. I love being able to switch from the AxeFX FM3 to the Engl Ironball SE to my little Spark Mini and will soon be recording on a computer the size of a very thin pamphlet with incredible fidelity and quality.

I also have a power amp the size of a pedal that weighs 5lbs that's as loud as a Plexi 50W through a 2x12 cabinet that weighs 27lbs and can hook up the FM3 and have access to virtually every guitar tone conceived of in the past 50 odd years or so for under like $2000.
    How long have you been playing? Just wondering if you ever had to slum it with crappy practice amps that had the ol' can of bees distortion because that would really make you appreciate the gear you have today.

It's a lot harder to make progress when the sounds coming out of your amp are miles from the music you're listening to. Not an issue today. In fact the only problem today would be eliminating distractions.

How long have you been playing? Just wondering if you ever had to slum it with crappy practice amps that had the ol' can of bees distortion because that would really make you appreciate the gear you have today.

It's a lot harder to make progress when the sounds coming out of your amp are miles from the music you're listening to. Not an issue today. In fact the only problem today would be eliminating distractions.
    So I worked at various guitar stores for a time and had to do buy-ins for the used section I was exposed to the very amps that you're describing. Just absolute horrors of things that were passed off as practice amps compared to what we have today. That's where I became aware of the historic Crate brand lol.

My first or second amp was some Peavey guitar amp that actually had pretty okay distortion and another more experienced guitar player alerted me to the power of using the boss eq with the sliders to do the "V" shape where all the mids are lowered while the bass and the highs are increased so BOOM instant Metallica lol.
    Last edited by rollerball; 10-02-2023 at 02:21 PM.

Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000) Bodhy is a name known to all. (+5000)

Yeah, a ii-V-i would have been pretty obvious and that's what I thought you were doing, except one of the chords in the progression didn't seem to fit. That's why if I knew the key it would have clarified things somewhat, as you were doing a substitution and starting on the IV chord.

But I went away and did a bit more research and determined you had posted a backdoor sub, no one helped me and you made it difficult to cheat at. Keep in mind I did study jazz theory but this was 20 years ago, so this all seems consistent with how it played out, right.

I just don't see the big deal, since I don't recall ever boasting expertise. I said I studied jazz theory and it gets complex.
    Back off, Warchild.

Seriously.

Yeah, a ii-V-i would have been pretty obvious and that's what I thought you were doing, except one of the chords in the progression didn't seem to fit. That's why if I knew the key it would have clarified things somewhat, as you were doing a substitution and starting on the IV chord.

But I went away and did a bit more research and determined you had posted a backdoor sub, no one helped me and you made it difficult to cheat at. Keep in mind I did study jazz theory but this was 20 years ago, so this all seems consistent with how it played out, right.

I just don't see the big deal, since I don't recall ever boasting expertise. I said I studied jazz theory and it gets complex.
    It is out of respect for you Dom that I don’t rip this guy another new ******* again lol.

It is out of respect for you Dom that I don’t rip this guy another new ******* again lol.

You're a coward hiding behind a keyboard. Not only would you cack your pants at a real life confrontation, you can't accept the fact I passed the pop-music quiz.Time to let it go, and next time, pls don't attribute evil intentions and false motives and make farcical accusations where they just simply don't exist.
    Back off, Warchild.

Seriously.

reeeeeeeeeee
    Lmao I would 100% beat your little bitch ass. Also I’ll just repost this here lol.

Lmao I would 100% beat your little bitch ass. Also I’ll just repost this here lol.

And the boogeyman evaporates when you consider it's been 20 years since I actually sat down with any jazz theory books. Adimare's likening of it to the ii-V-I isn't entirely sound, though. Since he quizzed me on a substitution which began on the IV chord rather than a vanilla progression.

And I was able to answer, and I did. I asked for more context and didn't get it, but answered correctly anyway. Factor in it's been twenty years since I actually did study theory in a serious capacity and the mystery disappears.

There are certainly reasons to be angry on the forum. This isn't one of them. Back to guitar discussion.
    Back off, Warchild.

Seriously.

I’m embarrassed.
    Lmao.

Sorry Dom, but he asked for it lol.

Dude can't accept I passed the pop quiz and wants to be angry about something. Let's just ignore him from here and move on.
    Back off, Warchild.

Seriously.

Dude can't accept I passed the pop quiz and wants to be angry about something. Let's just ignore him from here and move on.
    Lol so you’re just ignoring this post here huh? Lmao.

He’s a glutton for punishment Dom, lmao.

He’s a glutton for punishment Dom, lmao.

Typical miscer arguing method. Make inflammatory claims, ignore any rebuttal, repeat self over and over like no one said anything. Declare victory. LOL.
    Back off, Warchild.

Seriously.

I lie about everything.
    Bodhy: “I passed Adimare test! Reeeeeee!”

Adimare: “Your answers are completely incompatible with someone who has claimed to have studied "the most abstruse elements of jazz theory.”

LMAO.

So I worked at various guitar stores for a time and had to do buy-ins for the used section I was exposed to the very amps that you're describing. Just absolute horrors of things that were passed off as practice amps compared to what we have today. That's where I became aware of the historic Crate brand lol.

My first or second amp was some Peavey guitar amp that actually had pretty okay distortion and another more experienced guitar player alerted me to the power of using the boss eq with the sliders to do the "V" shape where all the mids are lowered while the bass and the highs are increased so BOOM instant Metallica lol.
    I could have used that EQ trick. Actually Peavey in the 2000s was probably decent. I reckon I could plug into an old Bandit today and be fine with it but back in the day I was balls deep in legato and higher gain with solid state sounded really harsh.

A big step up for me in the early days was a Sansamp pedal. That was probably like your Axe-FX moment.

I could have used that EQ trick back in the day. Actually Peavey in the 2000s was probably decent. I reckon I could plug into an old Bandit today and be fine with it but back in the day I was balls deep in legato and higher gain with solid state sounded really harsh.

A big step up for me in the early days was a Sansamp pedal. That was probably like your Axe-FX moment.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/F277Z9n.jpg[img]
    Ah the Sansamp stuff. I’m actually curious about that older tech, how does the sound hold up today?

Ah the Sansamp stuff. I’m actually curious about that older tech, how does the sound hold up today?
    It's fine but of course today we're spoiled for choice. For its time it was groundbreaking.

the historic Crate brand lol

That brings back some memories. Shredders being paid to pretend they used that junk.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/1saopMN.jpg[img]

That brings back some memories. Shredders being paid to pretend they used that junk.
    Wow that is so fukking 80s lmao, that hair is unstoppable.

Here's a story you'll enjoy being such a massive fan of Satriani.

AmpliTube paid Joe to promote their products after his endorsement deal with Marshall fizzled out. So what did he use for his latest album when he decided to go ampless? Surely it was AmpliTube right?

An Avid (Pro Tools) plugin of the early 90s SansAmp PSA-1 rack.

"Is it true you used a SansAmp plugin exclusively?

It’s really quite funny. I know behind me here are the Marshalls, the EVH and 5150, and I had every intention of using all my vintage amps and new amps and everything on the album. But I recorded DI, and as we went through reamping into real amps and using modelling software and stuff like that, all roads always led back to the SansAmp plugin.

That’s all you used throughout?

Every guitar sound is my guitar, DI with the SansAmp plugin; it’s blown my mind!"

Strong endorsement of AmpliTube.